BSL REDRAFT

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
1. Rank the teams 1 - 6 in terms of liklihood of winning a title this year. I repeat, this year. The future does not matter.
2. Which was the best pick of the draft? Consider context.
3. Which was the worst pick of the draft? Consider context.
4. Who was the biggest snub that was not selected?
5. What stuck out most to you? Were there any trends that you noticed? Did anything surprise you?
6. Which 6 GMs do you think participated, and who do you think was responsible for each team?

1. Without a doubt the rankings are:
#1 Team 4
#2 Team 6
#3 Team 1
#4 Team 3
#5 Team 2
#6 Team 5

2. I don't want to pump the value of Frank's guys, but Corey Walden going #52 is banana land. I kid you not, he is a top 20 player in the league right now, and he is making $1,125,100. On top of that this same team got Derrick Rose who is a top 5-10 player at #40.

3. The absolute worst pick in my mind was Bryant Dunston, and that's factoring in that he has a small contract. There are 40+ bigs that could've been taken here that are making less or equal money. Dunston is a guy who should barely be on a roster, never mind be drafted in something like this. This pick really crippled what was an otherwise pretty good team.

4. The biggest snub to me was John Wall going undrafted. I know it's funny to laugh at Nate's lack of success and picks right now, but John Wall is a legitimate top 10 player in the league who did not get drafted in this. Asinine.

5. In the first five rounds I was surprised to see 9 point guards go in the first 30 picks. Nearly a third of the picks were point guards. This is the deepest position in the league, and team four showed that there was a ton of value later in the draft at point guard. I mean heck, guys like John Wall and Sebastian Telfair went undrafted. So many overdrafts on big men too, people were reaching hard.

6. I am going by each teams biggest reach and what team that reach plays for to determine who is who:
Team 1 - Beats (Biggest Reach: Bryant Dunston)
Team 2 - GB (Biggest Reach: Brendan Haywood)
Team 3 - Brad (Biggest Reach: Andris Biedrins)
Team 4 - Cloud (Biggest Reach: Omer Asik)
Team 5 - Swope (Biggest Reach: Samardo Samuels)
Team 6 - Hooper (Biggest Reach: Landry Shamet)

Hooper

2) Hooper (Wishes he had my team.)
Two things to address:

1. I have never in chat history given any indication that I would take Al Horford number 11 in a re-draft lol

2. I do not "wish I had your team", especially the roster itself. However, you're the only team who is competing now with future picks to be a threat when I start competing. So I am keeping track of you and Frank's team in that sense, because it would be stupid of me not to

brooks

Thunder
Two things to address:

1. I have never in chat history given any indication that I would take Al Horford number 11 in a re-draft lol

2. I do not "wish I had your team", especially the roster itself. However, you're the only team who is competing now with future picks to be a threat when I start competing. So I am keeping track of you and Frank's team in that sense, because it would be stupid of me not to
hooper = Team 2 confirmed

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
Two things to address:

AD will beat your team by himself until you tank again in like 6 years

Hooper

AD will beat your team by himself until you tank again in like 6 years
lol we'll see. your team is the other team that could be contending but AD is like 5 years younger than the rest of the core

Cloud

Staff member
We ever gonna attach real names to these teams?
Yeah after sim 3 I will reveal. Waiting until then though because I tied participation cash to sims 2 and 3 for this and made the payout a little fatter. So want everyone to have an opportunity here to guess and answer

Panic!

1. Rank the teams 1 - 6 in terms of liklihood of winning a title this year. I repeat, this year. The future does not matter

2-3-6-5-1-4

Lebron at 22. He's a top 15 player.

Delonte West. Drafted way too early. He's a bench guy on a championship team.

Jan Vesely can rebound score defend and does not turn the ball over too much.

5. What stuck out most to you? Were there any trends that you noticed? Did anything surprise you?

I noticed that even if only this year matters, people still considered potential in Drafting

6. Which 6 GMs do you think participated, and who do you think was responsible for each team?

1- Donkey
2-Cloud
3-Yrtb
4-xxplayerxx23because team is trash
5-joshua eberley
6-User

Xxplayerxx23

1. Rank the teams 1 - 6 in terms of liklihood of winning a title this year. I repeat, this year. The future does not matter

2-3-6-5-1-4

Lebron at 22. He's a top 15 player.

Delonte West. Drafted way too early. He's a bench guy on a championship team.

Jan Vesely can rebound score defend and does not turn the ball over too much.

I noticed that even if only this year matters, people still considered potential in Drafting

1- Donkey
2-Cloud
3-Yrtb
4-xxplayerxx23because team is trash
5-joshua eberley
6-User
The worst. Shouldn’t be allowed to claim cash for this

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
1. Rank the teams 1 - 6 in terms of liklihood of winning a title this year. I repeat, this year. The future does not matter.

4, 6, 3, 2, 5, 1

Derrick Rose at 40. After the clear top 3 PGs, he's basically as good as anyone. HM to Brandon Roy at 27 which was a steal as well. And Melo in the 3rd round was solid value as well, I'm surprised he went after Paul George (despite the salary discrepancy)

Delonte at 12 felt like a huge reach, but I feel that way about most of the PGs taken in the 2nd and 3rd rounds given the dropoff in talent after the clear top 3. George Hill may have been worse there. And CP3/Dame also felt like reaches. Other than PGs, I didn't love the Joe Johnson pick.

Telfair is the obvious answer here, but I understand why he wasn't picked given his salary and the fact that most teams were already set at PG. Another one in Marcin Gortat, he's a solid shot blocker who isn't making much.

The trend of PGs/bigs being most important is a clear one. Not a lot of wings were taken high if at all (lots of teams running 2 PG sets). The top 3 picks being PGs and then teams 4 to 6 waiting a little to draft PG made sense (even though I think teams 5 and 6 should have waited even longer)

1. Donkey
2. Ebbs
3. GB
4. Swope
5. Deion
6. Cloud