Sim 2 S19

LukaSZN

Predict the WCF for 1.5M, give me the games and reasoning for your winner.

Predict the ECF for 1.5M, give me the games and reasoning for your winner.

SoftLettuce

Warriors in 5. Luka is playing god-like basketball but I have no trust in the rest of the Mavs roster. We haven't seen Steph go nuclear yet these playoffs either. Bound to happen eventually.

Boston in 7. Tatum is the best player in the floor, and possibly the 2nd best player left in the playoffs behind Luka. This is gonna be a great series imo. Jimmy and Tatum are going to throw haymakers back and forth all series. Boston will need Jaylen to be right there behind Tatum.

Bonus: I think Boston is going to win it all no matter who they play.

Panic!

Mavs in 6 - No one can guard Luka

Celtics in 4 - No one can guard the great Jayson Tatum

Swope

Staff member
Warriors in 7 — Mavs have surprised a ton and will continue to do so, but the Warriors are the experienced team. Hard to bet against Curry and crew.

Celtics in 6 — heat culture proved to be too much for my sixers with a broken embiid but I really didn’t see much that showed me they’re elite. Celtics just seem to have that “it” factor that they got mid season. Another good series but Celtics take it

Nate

Staff member
Warriors in 5 - Luka isn’t ready for this stage and he can’t keep carrying this team alone. The Warriors have been there done that.

Heat in 6 - There’s something about this team come playoffs. Jimmy Buckets is an animal. This team is so deep and they all bring insane energy to the floor at all times.

Xxplayerxx23

Warriors in 6. Luka is unreal, he’s as good as they come but man just not enough around him.

Miami in 7 . I don’t know why and I don’t get how but this team just always plays well, they’re super tough on defense and Jimmy will come through .Home court is the difference I think

notail

Celtics in 6. Just given how hot Celtics have been and how they handled the unguardable Giannis and Bucks, albeit he was the only player on there. I think the key will be Bam and whether they can keep him out of grabbing second chances for the Heat.

Warriors in 5. Luka is single handedly carrying the team with some help from couple shooters, but I don't see the Mavs overcoming Curry, Thompson, Poole amongst other well-oiled role players

BradS4President

Magicians
Warriors in 5. Luka is an animal and what he has done in these playoffs is nothing short of spectacular. But the Warriors with the offensively explosiveness of Curry and Thompson, and the improvement of third option Jordan Poole, and the rest of the supporting cast (Green, Kuminga, Wiggins) just going to be too much.

Celtics in 6. Two best defensive teams left in the playoffs. The Heat are well coached and have such a sound roster led by Jimmy Butler. I just think the Celtics will get it done behind Tatum and Brown. Brown needs to have a big series. Needs to have a couple of 30 point games. I also think guys like Derrick White and Marcus Smart when guarded by Tyler Herro are going to need to try and exploit that matchup. I think another big factor is Miami is not as great as a offensive rebounding team that the Bucks are.

CLB3

Warriors in 6. I think this should be a great series. But in the end, the Warriors just have too much. Luka will have some incredible games, but I think Draymond moves on to him at some point and slows him down.

Celtics in 6. Heat are a tough defense and should throw some interesting looks at the Celtics. But, I just don't see how they score on this ridiculous Celtics defense. I could see this going even quicker than 6. Celtics also have the best player in the series.

brooks

Thunder
Warriors in 6 - they are clearly a better team, but I think it will be competitive.

heat in 6 - because I want it to happen. Celtics likely win, but I don’t like them becauseTHESE PEOPLE.

Hooper

Dubs in 5 - The Luka magic is over. The Suns series looks wildly impressive until you remember that they also struggled hard with the 8 seed Pelicans without Zion, and the fact that Chris Paul averaged like 9 points and 5 dimes in the second round. Dude sucked and sunk the Suns. Great run for Luka but this Mavs team is not at a title level, even though Luka is. Gentleman's sweep. Don't expect this to be close.

Celts in 7 - A lot of people think the Celtics are pretty solid favorites but I don't see it that way. I think tonight is going to be very tough because the Celts played a game 7 two days ago in a super physical series where Giannis beat everyone up. Celtics are all banged up on no rest while the Heat have had a few days. So then it becomes a series where the Celtics have to win 4 of the next 6 games, which is TOUGH. Bam isn't Giannis, but he's still Bam. Miami is physical, tough, and annoying to play against. Jimmy hasn't played this stiffest wing competition but he's been the second best player stat wise in the playoffs next to Luka. I think this can go either way but in the end, top end talent will win out and this Celtics team will finally break into the finals after losing in the ECF a few times in a row.

the_jon

Warriors in 6 - I feel like they are too good and too experienced for the Mavs. Mavs arent ready for a finals run yet. I think Luka will get a ring eventually though.

Heat in 6 - Kyle Lowry is going to average 40-10-10 and win finals MVP. But seriously I think the Heat are better right now but I can see Boston winning

LukaSZN

Heat in 7. I badly want to be wrong. Love Tatum, like Boston more but something in my gut forcing me on Heat.

Mavs in 7. Fuck it. Hail Luka

Username

the best
Mavs in 7

i just have faith in Luka magic. Warriors are the better team and have the better matchups outside of Luka, but the Mavs appear to have heart

I won’t be surprised if warriors win in 6 tho 😐

Heat in 6

heat are a very versatile team with many great defenders, and I think Erik Spoelstra will coach circles around Ime.

Emac

WCF - Warriors in 6. Luka is amazing but not much around him. The Warriors have too much experience and Steph.

ECF - Heat in 7. I’m not even really sure why Miami is so good but they are. It will be a close series but home court could be the difference.

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
Warriors in 6. Been there before and know how to win. Enough guys to throw at Luka to slow him and he won't be able to beat them himself.

Celtics in 7. Going to be a dog fight just like the Bucks series.

The Godfather

Warriors in 6... Curry always Brings it in the postseason

Celtics.. in 6 ..best team in the East at the moment riding high