Preseason (S9)

Eberlicious

For 4M

Who is the greatest of all time out of all of the G.O.A.Ts in sports (MJ, Wayne Gretzsky, Tom Brady, Mohamed Ali, ECT...) and tell us why.

Kings

Ty
Michael Jordan is the GOAT of the GOATS for me because of his two triple peats in the finals. Real dominant, just a step above everyone else

Nate

Staff member
I’ll go with the fucking greatest athlete to ever live, Jim Thorpe. Why? I’ll explain with one simple quote.

“You, sir, are the greatest athlete in the world,” - King Gustav

God damn Olympic gold medalist in the pentathlon and decathlon (the purest form for deterring true athleticism.) Football hall of famer, college football hall of famer. Played professional baseball. Probably hung like a horse. Dude was an animal.

Eberlicious

By the record books I'll have to say Gretzky. The majority of his records will never be touched. Mostly because the game has changed so much. But none the less, he was as dominant as can be

Cloud

Staff member
It’s Wayne Gretzky and it’s not particularly close imo, and I say that as a Bulls fan.

If you ever get a chance to go look up the all-time NHL statistics it’s honestly insane how far ahead of everyone else he is. It’s virtually impossible for anyone to ever even sniff what he accomplished.

Cheddar

If we are talking best athletes I’m throwing Bo Jackson out there. A dominant force running the ball on the football field. Could hit a baseball a mile and throw it as hard as anyone.

NCツ

Tom Brady because he was able to capitalize on a combination of things

Playing in the weakest division in all of football (College included)
Playing under the best defensive coach in football
Never having to throw the ball more than 20 yards down the field
Always being surrounded by tremendous offensive weapons

It's truly amazing all the accomplishments he achieved despite the challenges he faced during most of his career

Emac

Wayne Gretzky. I don’t really follow hockey but basically what cloud said.

BradS4President

Magicians
Deion Sanders.... Dominated in both baseball and Football when he played. Think I read somewhere he was a heck of a basketball player as well.

notail

I like Novak Djokovic in tennis. I think the tennis competition is at its highest right now and he is still the number one player in the world. He has everything from good mental strength, athleticism and technique

Mooseknuckle

Greg The Shark Norman.

His iron game and putting skills are so good. And his logo is a fucking shark. Top of food chain. Therefore he eats Goats.

dwightcoward

I'll go with Usain Bolt

Won 100m/200m in THREE CONSECUTIVE OLYMPICS. Noone else has ever done it twice.
I also remember watching the 2008 100m finals on TV with some friends and everybody was just "WOW".
And I watched him in the 2012 200m finals in the stadium in London, he was just different.

Nobody will ever look like him again

Scott

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Gretzky. Yeah Jordan gets all of the shine I feel but Gretzky was even more dominant in his sport and is LIGHTYEARS ahead of anyone else in most of his records he holds.

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If you didn’t pick Tom Brady, you’re a certified moron.

The argument for Jordan is mind numbing, yeah he’s 6-0 in finals and Tom Brady is 6-3 in Super Bowls. The argument that Jordan is perfect is just so dumb, that means he lost earlier then the finals but for some reason people think that’s better then losing in the finals. I make the same case for LeBum too. Then you look at sustained success with multiple different iterations of Patriot teams. Jordan had Pippen and a lot more continuity through his finals runs. For the people saying Gretzky, again less championships. I don’t even agree that he’s that far and away better then every other hockey player like some of you seem to think. The only person you can in my opinion make a case for other than Tom Brady is Ali, that’s its. MAYBE Tiger Woods in his prime.

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
Tom Brady because he was able to capitalize on a combination of things

Playing in the weakest division in all of football (College included)
Playing under the best defensive coach in football
Never having to throw the ball more than 20 yards down the field
Always being surrounded by tremendous offensive weapons

It's truly amazing all the accomplishments he achieved despite the challenges he faced during most of his career
Tom Brady is the goat because he has made other teams fan bases sound this stupid for almost 20 years now. Not sure anyone in the history of sports has ever made the entire rest of the leagues fans this dumb.

Catdude

I’m gonna go with MJ also. I mean, I also don’t watch any other sport so I don’t know shit about any of these other guys. But MJ changed the fucking culture of basketball. He became a global phenomenon in addition to going 6-0 in the finals. I bet more people in the world know Michael Jordan than any of these other guys.