Pre S19

Eberlicious

For 3M

For Preseason sims would you be in favor of eliminating the positional rules? If so who would you run out of position for fun?

SoftLettuce

Yes. Elim the positional rules. As a team trying to tank, I think it'd be hilarious to see Drew Gooden run as my PG. But for a serious answer, Bron at PG is what I want to see @Cloud.

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
I don't know enough about FBB to know how broken an elite wing or big can be at PG if they have good handles/passing. But it makes sense to me that guys like LeBron can play point guard.

And bigs should absolutely be able to play SF - I hate it when I have a center who can shoot but doesn't rebound and I can't play them at SF

Kings

Ty
For preseason experimentation, I have no problem with it. Only problem I could see is some teams intentionally going inactive to leave cheesed players at PG. would help us learn about some different prospects

Panic!

No. It would be very hard for whoever does sim 1.

i'd play Romeo Travis at Center because I want a center with volume

brooks

Thunder
No, I think it would be kind of pointless. Keep preseason as simple as possible for the people inputting it.
Plus, you don’t stand to gain much besides wishing you could play certain players out of position during the regular season.

I'd run Chandler at PG.

Last edited:

Username

the best
No, you know damn well someone would just post same in the sim 1 dc thread and see how long they can run it.

Also pointless, see what your player can do at a position he can’t even play and then try to use that as a selling point?

Username

the best
I don't know enough about FBB to know how broken an elite wing or big can be at PG if they have good handles/passing. But it makes sense to me that guys like LeBron can play point guard.

And bigs should absolutely be able to play SF - I hate it when I have a center who can shoot but doesn't rebound and I can't play them at SF
Seoungyhun Lee would like to play SF!

Cloud

Staff member
I think we need to repeal position rules to begin with, it’s supposed to be a fun league, it’s instead led to donkey nuking every players goddamn handles. Let people do what they want, there’s no guarantee that running some player out of position even leads to success anyways

To answer part 2 I mean obviously I’d want to see LeBron play PG. There’s no good reason he shouldn’t be able to play there anyways

CLB3

No, because it would just end in everyone playing random lineups that we won't be able to play in the regular season. I like to make adjustments based off of PS. This would eliminate that.

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
Nah it ruins preseason for people who actually want to see where there teams are at. Some gms will use pre to see how someone plays in a certain dc but if they end up matched up with a bunch or guys who literally aren’t allowed to play pg.
We could tweak positional rules but being able to play someone like bron or jokic etc at pg is just dumb imo

mngopher35

I am fine not doing it because of the extra work it creates but...

Ya it would be fun to get the chance to see how certain players do there. If it goes well you then know the player could maybe be backup pg if needed etc. so it could have use. I would play Roy there just to see how good the numbers would be

Swope

Staff member
If people want to do that, then sure, why not. I kinda try to get a feel of what I might be able to do in regular season so I don’t care much either way.

LeBron at PG would obviously be interesting to see how many triple doubles he could rack up

notail

I'd be down for any changes based on majority's opinion. If we're allowed to play players out of position, I'd want to try a big/forward with good handles at PG like Jokic, LeBron and see how they do.

Emac

I like the rules as they are. You can still put whoever you want in backup roles.

G9.

Pistons GM
I think it’s fine the way things are. We can still slot players at backup point guard. That should already be an acceptable middle ground.

while players like Lebron and Giannis sometimes run the ball up the court, they don’t necessarily play 37 minutes of point guard per game for 82 games.

for pre it would be whatever. Would still prefer a real pre as well tho, lol. So like a meme pre and a real pre. Maybe just do a meme pre every few years as like a “bonus” sim. Communicate with donkey and do it during one of the seasons he looks to be a little more busy (a couple more days for draft file).