S14 Sim 5 S&U

Cloud

Staff member
Cwizz complaining about how he was racially profiled and swore off ever shopping at men’s warehouse again because the sales associate asked him if he needed any help, and he thought it was only cuz he was black and they were keeping a close eye on him in case he was trying to steal.

Eberlicious

I could say winning my first ring. But honestly watching the Thunder go up Aginst the bulls in the finals, having AD get hurt game 1 for the entire finals and then immediately having Barrett get hurt the next game for the rest of the finals was pretty hilarious.

G9.

Pistons GM
there’s a lot of them, lol.

probably my favorite thing to come from FBB is my friendship w/ montacurry (Chris). I know he’s not as active in this league as I had hoped but we met on a long lost forum (ProSportsAddicts) some odd 10 years ago when we were both literally kids.

Fast forward to now and I’m helping him with his grad school essays and he’s a confidant for whatever I need (same vice versa).

just cool the type of friendship that formed over the Internet/over a basketball simulation game.

The game itself — I miss Diamond Stone/Moses Brown. I never won anything with either of them, but to me it’s a lot more fun having a dope big man than it is having a dope guard. You can win ez with a dope guard and the team around him. Was always a bit harder with Moses bricking free throws or Diamond fouling out. Really cool players tho and fun to have in the depth chart. I knew I wanted Moses so bad that I traded Donkey #9 and a future for #8 in the draft he was in, just in case.

cavsfan817

Staff member
Not sure it's my favorite more so than the Cwizz story, but Henry coming into GroupMe last league and telling us about "Lisa" and how he was flirting with her under his wife's nose at the restaurant she was serving him at and then the chat systematically went through his story and caught him in a lie was pretty good. I don't even think her name was really Lisa and she didn't end up talking to Hank at all except to take his order and he snapped a pic of her

Catdude

I have a couple:

My first championship in FBB. I had joined the panda retro SI league (my first SI league) and inherited the 76ers who were led by Kobe in his prime. I added Raef and a PG (forgot who it was) and we won the title in my first or second season in the league. It was special because it was my first ring in FBB ever but also I got Kobe his first ring in that league.

My first championship in BSL. I was the Thunder (I guess this was like 3 leagues ago?) and had been tanking or middling out for like 20 seasons. I made some crazy all in moves in the offseason (i couldnt tell you a single player that was on my team) that everyone gave me shit for. They thought I was out of my mind, but we showed them all and won the ship that year. I remember Cloud was the first to give me props for doing it.

But honestly, all these years in these FBB leagues has been such a fucking blast. Made some cool friendships and have had a lot of laughs. Hope these leagues never die.

Cloud

Staff member
Not sure it's my favorite more so than the Cwizz story, but Henry coming into GroupMe last league and telling us about "Lisa" and how he was flirting with her under his wife's nose at the restaurant she was serving him at and then the chat systematically went through his story and caught him in a lie was pretty good. I don't even think her name was really Lisa and she didn't end up talking to Hank at all except to take his order and he snapped a pic of her
Top 5 forsure

Cloud

Staff member
Hank almost getting arrested at Dunkin’ Donuts because they were out of sour patch kids blizzards which resulted in him throwing an all time meltdown, and the DQ manager writing down the suicide hotline number and telling hank it’s the DQ corporate office phone number, only for him to follow up the next day and say the DQ had been burned to the ground over night and the fire department and police showed up to interrogate him outside of the movie theater he was at the next morning is also legendary

Username

the best
I can vaguely remember this but it was my first new version of BSL I got the bucks with Brandon Knight and not much else. I was able to trade Knight for John Wall and signed Kemba Walker in FA, then traded him for Derrick Rose. Wall and Rose won me a championship the first season. I believe it was also this iteration that I traded Isiah Thomas for Diamond Stone and then he wrecked the league but I never won anything with him I don’t think. I’d love to look back at the archives for that index.

Another favorite was drafting Lucius Allen who was raw as fuck and 18, at 4. I got a decent amount of hate for drafting a pg with c- outside but I liked his scouts a lot, ended up winning an MVP and a ring for me then we restarted shortly after. He’s definitely one of the most fun players I’ve had.

Eberlicious

Hank almost getting arrested at Dunkin’ Donuts because they were out of sour patch kids blizzards which resulted in him throwing an all time meltdown, and the DQ manager writing down the suicide hotline number and telling hank it’s the DQ corporate office phone number, only for him to follow up the next day and say the DQ had been burned to the ground over night and the fire department and police showed up to interrogate him outside of the movie theater he was at the next morning is also legendary
I was in the league for like 2 weeks at this point. Good way to get my feet wet. Loved it

Cloud

Staff member
I can vaguely remember this but it was my first new version of BSL I got the bucks with Brandon Knight and not much else. I was able to trade Knight for John Wall and signed Kemba Walker in FA, then traded him for Derrick Rose. Wall and Rose won me a championship the first season. I believe it was also this iteration that I traded Isiah Thomas for Diamond Stone and then he wrecked the league but I never won anything with him I don’t think. I’d love to look back at the archives for that index.

Another favorite was drafting Lucius Allen who was raw as fuck and 18, at 4. I got a decent amount of hate for drafting a pg with c- outside but I liked his scouts a lot, ended up winning an MVP and a ring for me then we restarted shortly after. He’s definitely one of the most fun players I’ve had.
Lakers vs 76ers game 7 of the finals that went to overtime was lit

AiRuPtHeRe™

Man I've been in this league for so long and don't really remember much. The most recent was falling asleep during playoffs and waking up to seeing my DM's BLOWN up. Then realized I jumped from like 9 to win the lotto and selected Wilt Chamberlain.

Cheddar

I was in a league in the past that actually resulted in someone obtaining a certain GMs personal phone number and called their house numerous times and talked to their parents. It was a weird situation for sure, I was not a part of it at all. But it got to the point where legal action was threatened if they did not stop calling and worrying the family. This was years and years ago.

Kings

Ty
My favorite FBB moment was waking up in Bundy's league and we were in game 6 or 7 of the finals. Woke up to a game 7 dub lead by Kobe Bryant. Also joining BSL for sure. Dope ass core of GMs and the best ran league out there.

• Love
Reactions: G9.

Curry

Administrator
Administrator
In this league it's definitely drafting Keels and building a team around him. The offseason where I went all in was probably the most fun I've had in an offseason on FBB. Outside of this league it's definitely the roller coaster that is being in a league with Mentch off and on since 2012. The stories that dude has are fucking insane and now we come full circle with me taking his team.

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
*lists things hank has said in the last year or so*

Honestly there are so many good ones already listed it’s hard to top. Being in the league so long blurs everything and it’s wild I talk to some of you dick heads more than people in my actually real life.

not really a memory but I love how the league chat (especially since swapping into GroupMe) is always poppin more than my Twitter time line. I get as much breaking news from groupme as I do from anywhere else and it’s super cool to have an outlet to talk about major sports (or sometimes real world) news with people from around the country(or even a different Continent) in real time. It’s like what Twitter and other social media should be like with actual discussion and occasional banter shit talk as opposed to just negative energy and stanning everywhere you look. appreciate you guys for that

Last edited:
Reactions: G9.

NCツ

Bernard King getting rigged to win 6MOTY has got to be the best FBB memory