Sim 5 (S22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
For $3.0M

Who are the three most overrated players of this iteration and why?
Who are the three most underrated players of this iteration and why?

Xxplayerxx23

Give more than a couple words for each or you won’t be getting cash. Don’t just copy and paste everything either.

Hooper

Overrated:

1. CP3 - Always has been, always will be. Careen 19 and 10 guy. Really good player - but there was a run where people thought he was the best guy in the league. Never even close.
2. Yao - Another great player, always outdid his ratings. But I always thought Shard was the best player on the GB Celtics teams, and even in MIN, his old mate still put him on his back.
3. Al Horford - Speaks for itself. The Ebbs worked together to will this pick into existing from pure posting prowess.

Underrated:

1. Kyrie - Feel like everyone puts Steph and Kemba above him because of assists. But it's a simulation about scoring more points than your opponent and he's dumping 40 every night. The new best player of this iteration (Future Buck)
2. Carmelo - Was always higher on him than the league. I value scoring above all, and Melo topped the league in that department for a solid 5 year window
3. KAT - Feel like he gets glossed over because he's on the Pistons and Jason doesn't thump his chest in chat - but comparing KAT to the next best prospects in the league right now (Murray and Tatum) just shows how far ahead he is of every other player even remotely in his generation. Next GOAT big of this file

Xxplayerxx23

Overrated:

1. CP3 - Always has been, always will be. Careen 19 and 10 guy. Really good player - but there was a run where people thought he was the best guy in the league. Never even close.
2. Yao - Another great player, always outdid his ratings. But I always thought Shard was the best player on the GB Celtics teams, and even in MIN, his old mate still put him on his back.
3. Al Horford - Speaks for itself. The Ebbs worked together to will this pick into existing from pure posting prowess.

Underrated:

1. Kyrie - Feel like everyone puts Steph and Kemba above him because of assists. But it's a simulation about scoring more points than your opponent and he's dumping 40 every night. The new best player of this iteration (Future Buck)
2. Carmelo - Was always higher on him than the league. I value scoring above all, and Melo topped the league in that department for a solid 5 year window
3. KAT - Feel like he gets glossed over because he's on the Pistons and Jason doesn't thump his chest in chat - but comparing KAT to the next best prospects in the league right now (Murray and Tatum) just shows how far ahead he is of every other player even remotely in his generation. Next GOAT big of this file
Don’t agree. But good to claim

Panic!

Overrated:
1. Baron Davis - His only ship was with a stacked Magic team. Way too many turnovers for a star PG.
2. Ekpe Udoh - I think he was hyped up because of Cloud. He's decent. But not a game changing bug man. Just like Hibbert.
3. Kentavious Caldwell Pope - Once again hyped up by Cloud. For some reason Cloud calls him the only good thing that happened from his rebuild. Only has volume at PG but cannot pass and has way too many TOs. Just slightly above average. Starting caliber SG. But not a star.

Underrated:
1. Yao Ming - His ratings are trash. But he is good. Can score can block.
2. Romeo Travis - He has a lot of volume. Capable of scoring 25ppg as a second option in a championship team. Especially in his prime.
3. Jason Thompson - Very solid big for years now but underrated cause Kings are bad. Let's see this year if things will change.

Last edited:

Xxplayerxx23

Overrated:
1. Baron Davis - His only ship was with a stacked Magic team. Way too many turnovers for a star PG.
2. Ekpe Udoh - I think he was hyped up because of Cloud. He's decent. But not a game changing bug man. Just like Hibbert.
3. Kentavious Caldwell Pope - Once again hyped up by Cloud. For some reason Cloud calls him the only good thing that happened from his rebuild. Only has volume at PG but cannot pass and has way too many TOs. Just slightly above average. Starting caliber SG. But not a star.

Underrated:
2. Romeo Travis - He has a lot of volume. Capable of scoring 25ppg in a championship team. Especially in his prime.
3. Jason Thompson - Very solid big for years now but underrated cause Kings are bad. Let's see this year if things will change.
Surprisingly good enough to claim.

LukaSZN

Overrated:
1) 100% Baron Davis. I always thought he wasway more numbers than substance. I think something not looked at enough is efficiency. We are hyper-focused on turnovers but point guards who shoot bad percentages probably more damaging.
2) Derrick Rose. Before I get flamed, I think he’s a good player but he’s never been elite because as I was saying, he isn’t efficient enough at the volume he has.
3) Dwight Howard. This is more of a hunch but I constantly think Dwight teams should be better than they are. He just doesn’t seem to swing the needle to the degree his ratings suggest he should.

Underrated:
1) Brook Lopez. Quietly been the best Center this iteration since the Shaq/Robinson retirements. Rebounds way above his ratings, elite defensive Center, scores solidly without being an option. He also has been to five finals and won three titles.
2) Joe Johnson. I think he accomplished as much as Kobe tbh and did it with half the fan fare. Scored so many Damn points at consistently crazy volume forever.
3) Tim Duncan. Was outshined by a lot of perimeter players in his draft class but had a really long and stable career as an anchor big.

Eberlicious

Overrated:
1. Carmelo: he’s good, but I don’t think he’s ever been the best wing in the game. People love the offensive side of the ball too much, too bad he is a worse defender than trae irl

2. People have come around on him no, but JR Smith was crazy overrated for a long time,Foreman cashing in on the hype would of been a smart move. But tbh I wouldn’t of either; he looked crazy after his first 2 TCs

3. Paul George: he’s one of those guys with really pretty ratings but I don’t think is a huge contributor to winning.

Underrated:
1. Kemba/Steph: this will look weird but I honestly think they might be better than RJ, and there isn’t enough discourse in that vein.

2. Delonte West. He was consistently a top 5 guard in the league and never viewed as such. Might of dropped a little bit with some of the guys out there. But he might still only be behind Curry/Kemba/Kyrie.

3. JV: he is such a beast mini Al Jeff. He was worth more alone than Lebron.

CLB3

Overrated:
1. KCP: I just don't really understand the KCP hype. He's a turnover prone player, who has to play PG. I get that he's a great defender, but if he plays anywhere other than PG, he has zero volume.
2.Dwight Howard: He's extremely good, I just don't think he's been a top5 player like a lot of people have thought. Inside scorers who aren't great Free throw shooters, just aren't efficient enough to lead a team.
3. Lou Williams: He's always been seen as a star, but he's just never been anything special. He's an undersized player, who doesn't have the handles to play Pg, and is just a pretty good scorer and pretty good defender.

Underrated:
1. Kyle Lowry: He's been stuck behind great PG's his entire career, and has never been able to show what he really can do. I showed him off as the lead guard in PS, and he put up an efficient 22 and 8 with very low turnovers. We were still a playoff team in the ridiculous East, with Kyrie not even playing.
2. Gordon Hayward: I feel like everyone's low on Hayward, because he's on Panic's team. He's young, and is a good scorer, who can still improve. He's definitely Panic's second most important player
3. Angelo Caloiaro: Angelo has almost never been talked about, which is super surprising. He's quite literally the do it all wing. Good scorer, good defender and a good playmaker. He's one of the best wings in the league and is still 27.

brooks

Thunder
Overated
1. Derrick Rose - I’m a mad man. After years of hyping Rose while he was on my roster, I can now admit that I do believe he is significantly overrated. Yes, he distributes the ball well, but so do a ton of other PGs. His shooting splits are are far too inconsistent to rely on for a star.

2. Evan Turner - I’ve always thought he’s been overhyped as a stud when he was a buck. It’s so hard to rely on a wing who is meh at defense and doesn’t shoot 3s efficiently.

3. Rudy Gay - always needed a stud PG next to him in order to get his volume above 20 ppg. Have always been skeptical of his defense as well, as he gets toasted every now and then. High jumping and drive d during his prime,I’m sure of it.

underrated
1. Yao Ming - he is just so fucking reliable. He does EVERYTHING you want a post player to do efficiently and typically plays a fuck ton of minutes. Love me some Yao.

2. AK47 - Amazing glue guy who didn’t receive any name recognition for a long time. He played lock down D and reliably scored 17ish a game. Love AK.

3. Josh Harrellson - think he’s one of the top PFs in the league and doesn’t get the recognition he deserves. He could be viewed as better if he had a GM that hyped their players lol

Xxplayerxx23

Overrated:
1) 100% Baron Davis. I always thought he wasway more numbers than substance. I think something not looked at enough is efficiency. We are hyper-focused on turnovers but point guards who shoot bad percentages probably more damaging.
2) Derrick Rose. Before I get flamed, I think he’s a good player but he’s never been elite because as I was saying, he isn’t efficient enough at the volume he has.
3) Dwight Howard. This is more of a hunch but I constantly think Dwight teams should be better than they are. He just doesn’t seem to swing the needle to the degree his ratings suggest he should.

Underrated:
1) Brook Lopez. Quietly been the best Center this iteration since the Shaq/Robinson retirements. Rebounds way above his ratings, elite defensive Center, scores solidly without being an option. He also has been to five finals and won three titles.
2) Joe Johnson. I think he accomplished as much as Kobe tbh and did it with half the fan fare. Scored so many Damn points at consistently crazy volume forever.
3) Tim Duncan. Was outshined by a lot of perimeter players in his draft class but had a really long and stable career as an anchor big.
Good for cash

Xxplayerxx23

Overrated:
1. Carmelo: he’s good, but I don’t think he’s ever been the best wing in the game. People love the offensive side of the ball too much, too bad he is a worse defender than trae irl

2. People have come around on him no, but JR Smith was crazy overrated for a long time,Foreman cashing in on the hype would of been a smart move. But tbh I wouldn’t of either; he looked crazy after his first 2 TCs

3. Paul George: he’s one of those guys with really pretty ratings but I don’t think is a huge contributor to winning.

Underrated:
1. Kemba/Steph: this will look weird but I honestly think they might be better than RJ, and there isn’t enough discourse in that vein.

2. Delonte West. He was consistently a top 5 guard in the league and never viewed as such. Might of dropped a little bit with some of the guys out there. But he might still only be behind Curry/Kemba/Kyrie.

3. JV: he is such a beast mini Al Jeff. He was worth more alone than Lebron.
Good. No idea how Steph and Kemba are underrated but good to claim

Xxplayerxx23

Overrated:
1. KCP: I just don't really understand the KCP hype. He's a turnover prone player, who has to play PG. I get that he's a great defender, but if he plays anywhere other than PG, he has zero volume.
2.Dwight Howard: He's extremely good, I just don't think he's been a top5 player like a lot of people have thought. Inside scorers who aren't great Free throw shooters, just aren't efficient enough to lead a team.
3. Lou Williams: He's always been seen as a star, but he's just never been anything special. He's an undersized player, who doesn't have the handles to play Pg, and is just a pretty good scorer and pretty good defender.

Underrated:
1. Kyle Lowry: He's been stuck behind great PG's his entire career, and has never been able to show what he really can do. I showed him off as the lead guard in PS, and he put up an efficient 22 and 8 with very low turnovers. We were still a playoff team in the ridiculous East, with Kyrie not even playing.
2. Gordon Hayward: I feel like everyone's low on Hayward, because he's on Panic's team. He's young, and is a good scorer, who can still improve. He's definitely Panic's second most important player
3. Angelo Caloiaro: Angelo has almost never been talked about, which is super surprising. He's quite literally the do it all wing. Good scorer, good defender and a good playmaker. He's one of the best wings in the league and is still 27.
Good to claim

Xxplayerxx23

Overated
1. Derrick Rose - I’m a mad man. After years of hyping Rose while he was on my roster, I can now admit that I do believe he is significantly overrated. Yes, he distributes the ball well, but so do a ton of other PGs. His shooting splits are are far too inconsistent to rely on for a star.

2. Evan Turner - I’ve always thought he’s been overhyped as a stud when he was a buck. It’s so hard to rely on a wing who is meh at defense and doesn’t shoot 3s efficiently.

3. Rudy Gay - always needed a stud PG next to him in order to get his volume above 20 ppg. Have always been skeptical of his defense as well, as he gets toasted every now and then. High jumping and drive d during his prime,I’m sure of it.

underrated
1. Yao Ming - he is just so fucking reliable. He does EVERYTHING you want a post player to do efficiently and typically plays a fuck ton of minutes. Love me some Yao.

2. AK47 - Amazing glue guy who didn’t receive any name recognition for a long time. He played lock down D and reliably scored 17ish a game. Love AK.

3. Josh Harrellson - think he’s one of the top PFs in the league and doesn’t get the recognition he deserves. He could be viewed as better if he had a GM that hyped their players lol
Yeah good to claim

Cloud

Staff member
Overrated:

Underrated:
2. Romeo Travis - He has a lot of volume. Capable of scoring 25ppg as a second option in a championship team. Especially in his prime.
First of all fuck you get off my Dick

1. Baron won the finals MVP, he was absolutely dominant in the finals, and the main reason we won, so you’re wrong
2. When the hell was Udoh ever hyped ? Literally ever
3. KCP wasn’t even good yet when I had him, I drafted him as the most raw 18 year old ever and then traded him right away and he boosted in Dallas. I didn’t hype him

Status
Not open for further replies.