Sim 2 (S9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
For $3.0M
Who is the most overrated player in the league and why?
Who is the most underrated player in the league and why?

Foreman

Overrated: Vince Carter. Don't get me wrong, he's good, but I'm not sure anyone else would've paid what user paid to get him in a trade.

Underrated: Jermaine O'Neal. Anyone would love to have O'Neal but he never really gets talked about because Panic doesn't hype him up due to trying to learn the piano to impress girls.

• Wow
Reactions: G9.

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
Overrated - hate to say it but maybe AI? He’s had some good teams and never really went anywhere. He does look to have improved a bit tho this year

Underrated -Pau Gasol, everyone knows he’s good but the nets have been very good every year behind him as the guy and he looks like an elite player

G9.

Pistons GM

Kevin Garnett. No cap he is literally just Shawn Bradley with a bit more chances in the offense. But nobody would dare talk about trading multiple young specs / picks for Shawn.

Damon Stoudamire. Every season he has been featured he has been a 20/10 player. Defense is a bit sus but he is primo offense for an FBB point guard.

AiRuPtHeRe™

Overrated: Amare Stoudemire
Sounds like Jon has turned down some really good players for Amare. He looks good ratings wise and he's young, but that was probably the best time to sell him.

Underrated: Hedo Turkoglu & Mike Dunleavy
Both guys are similar in terms of ratings and are guys who can put up 20 PPG if needed. Don't think the really get enough credit. Suns have 2 other guys you could add to this list (ZBO & Stoudamire)

LukaSZN

Overrated: Amar’e, Jon has treated him like a future All-Star, he looks like a low end starter.

Underrated: Devin Harris, the least talked about Net is probably going to be a stud

Cloud

Staff member
Overrated:

Tough to not say Amare at this point I mean he’s shown basically nothing to this point but he’s been held as a premium blue chip asset. If his name wasn’t Amare Stoudemire he’s a guy you move 10/10 times without ever looking back if you’re getting an all star in return. He looks pretty much exactly like how Chris Anderson did and now he doesn’t even get minutes on a dogshit Nuggets team

Underrated:

Hmm, I mean I agree with most of that names above but I’ll throw another name into the mix so more guys can get their flowers but Damon Jones is a guy I’ve been after on the low for a couple years now and he’s finally getting a chance to show a bit of what he can do, and the funny part is he’s not even being run in settings that are conducive to his ultimate success. Think he’s a really great outside sniping, fastpaced, hyper efficient guard who can play decent defense and keep the TOs low. Wouldn’t be surprised if he wins a finals MVP one day.

Xxplayerxx23

Amare- overrated. Jon passed on Lewis AI and rip for 2+ lol god. I’m sure his pot is still good tho but meh

underrated- Tough. Id say maybe Brandon thelack of offers for him is baffling to me. He’s a superstar. I get the age thing a little but not one offer of anything is crazy to me. Yes I used this as a trade block a little bit lol

mngopher35

Overrated: I think Vince trade got a lot more than like Terry for example. It feels like he is valued much higher than some similar or even better players based on what that trade got in return.

underrated: Wally szczerbiak -never really talked about but when not injured he can put up a pretty efficient mid 20s ppg.

Username

the best
Overrated: Rashard Lewis - just been a lot of people on his dick recently and ion like that. Not many scorers on that team

Underrated: Damon Stoudemire - my mans won a ring with me, and with the Suns, he been a cannon his entire career shooting efficiently and passing hella dimes

notail

Overrated: Kevin Garnett. Considered one of the best bigs in the league with A+ defense and his name, but he’s averaging 18/9/3. If his name wasn’t Kevin Garnett I think his value would be less

underrated: ostertag. At 30 years old, he does what you want a big to do. Defend and block with decent FT shooting while not taking lot of shots on offense

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Overrated: Insert any guy who only blocks shots here, especially those with lower defensive grades. So I'll say Jim McIlvaine here. People here fall in love with blocks here, and as a result McIlvaine has gotten so many big contracts. He should be a bench big, but he's consistently a starter.

Underrated: I didn't know who to pick here really so I looked around the league and I saw Ron Artest and he looks pretty sweet but nobody talks about him. He might have some volume if he was used as a 1 or a 2 option which could be a good considering his field goal percentage.

Panic!

Overrated - Jason Terry - Looks like he is declining. We will see

Underrated - Jermaine O Neal - DPOY last year. Never talked about as a star.

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
Overrated: Amare looks like a bust. He might not even pan out into an average starter.

Underrated: Damon Jones looks absolutely filthy for the Bulls right now. He always had solid percentages and handles, but I didn't realize he actually had volume too

the_jon

Overrated: Allen Iverson. I dont think hes as good as people say he is.

Underrated: Blakney because Cloud compared him to Khalid Reeves.

Xxplayerxx23

Overrated: Rashard Lewis - just been a lot of people on his dick recently and ion like that. Not many scorers on that team

Underrated: Damon Stoudemire - my mans won a ring with me, and with the Suns, he been a cannon his entire career shooting efficiently and passing hella dimes
Lewis dominated with 2 other 20 point guys too so ima have to disagree with that one

hokeyrules

Amare - looks better than he really is, should have been traded for more value previously

Mo Taylor - I think he will surprise some people in the next few years

cavsfan817

Staff member
Overrated is far and away Amare. Jon has a habit of elevating his own guys to higher prices, but Amare doesn’t look like much at all. At least compared to offers that he’s been proposed in and turned down.

Underrated I would either go with #MyGuyWally or #MyFormerGuy Brandon. Wally is a lights out elite scorer and rebounder on great splits and he can play SG and SF at a high level. Brandon never gets the credit he deserves as one of the truly top tier talents that we’ve had in this iteration.

Status
Not open for further replies.