yrtb's asset rankings (2035)

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
The timing on these is a bit odd with the offseason coming to a close, I was initially hoping to get these out during the middle of last season. But updating them again after TC sounds like a lot of effort so I'm going to post them now. For players who are currently free agents, I'm going to assume anyone half decent is going to get max money or close to max money. I'm excluding rookies from this past draft because we haven't seen them play yet.

Tier 1

1. Tibor Pleiss
2. Johnuel Fland
3. Kennedy Meeks
4. Thomas Robinson
5. Hassan Whiteside
6. Jahlil Okafor
7. QJ Peterson

I don't think there should be any huge surprises here. Pleiss and Fland are still the easy 1/2, you could argue them either way. The recent draft classes have been very kind to the big talent in the league.

Tier 2

8. Andrew Goudelock
9. Kaleb Glenn
10. Jimmer Fredette
11. Damian Kulig
12. Kenny Simms

Pretty standard tier of established stars in their prime.

Tier 3

13. Erving Walker
14. Shabazz Muhammed
15. Aaron Harrison
16. Bojan Dubljevic

These are top prospects (and Walker who isn't really a prospect anymore, but still has pot left) who have things to work on but high ceilings.

Tier 4

17. Alexis Ajinca
18. Cade Cunningham
19. Jaden Springer
20. Jalen Green
21. Josh Giddey
22. Paolo Banchero

This tier is a mostly older stars, with a couple of older stars and some up and coming talent. I have to imagine that most of the top guards and wings in the league will be retiring ~3-5 years from now.

Tier 5

23. Ron Baker
24. Pancake Thomas
25. Ray McCallum
26. Kevin Seraphin
27. Cam Thomas
28. Trevor Keels
29. Tyler Herro
30. AJ Johnson
31. Andrew Albicy

Things get a little bit more subjective here. There's some promising up and coming guard talent at the top of the tier. Seraphin/Johnson/Albicy are entering their prime on the fringe of being stars. Thomas/Keels/Herro are on the wrong side of 30 but are still very productive guards.

Tier 6

32. Jameel Warney
33. Jordan Loveridge
34. Evan Mobley
35. Ryan Boatright
36. Nemanja Vranjes
37. Perry Ellis
38. Bruce Massey
39. Coty Clarke
40. Juan Pattillo
41. OD Anisoke
42. Reggie Keely