Sim 5 S25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eberlicious

For 3M:

What behaviour in chat/trade discussions/general discussions drives you up the wall?

Hooper

Jon is gone, but the PMs just asking for my players without any real substance was so fucking annoying. "Gimme Evan Turner"

Also, I hate when people try to explain to me why I should take their offer. Not accusing anyone here of doing it, but when someone presents a trade to me and frames it like I'm a dip shit and they're doing me some huge favor, it really rubs me the wrong way

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
Jon is gone, but the PMs just asking for my players without any real substance was so fucking annoying. "Gimme Evan Turner"

Also, I hate when people try to explain to me why I should take their offer. Not accusing anyone here of doing it, but when someone presents a trade to me and frames it like I'm a dip shit and they're doing me some huge favor, it really rubs me the wrong way
Tbf you are a dip shit!

Catdude

I don’t like when someone tries to devalue one of my players in trade talks. Like “dude he sucks” or “he’s gonna die in TC in like 1 season so take this shitty offer.”

Swope

Staff member
Mostly when trying to make some things happen that I think could benefit some other teams and just straight up get left on read. There’s a couple real bad dudes at this and kinda kills the vibe of this league that so many others carry

Foreman

The immediate over reaction to most trades. Usually, trades are just a portion of what the GM has in mind for their team but the discussion doesn't continue with the rest of those moves.

Cloud

Staff member
I hate a lot of things:

1. Nickel and dimers, just haggling over the smallest things and willing to hold up an entire deal over something so miniscule

2. I hate dealing with ego traders. Acts that would include you as an ego trader may include but are not limited to: Refusing to make a deal that's mutually beneficial because it wasn't your initial idea. Only making deals where you "win" based off perceived value, as opposed to making deals to fit your team and encompass the bigger picture, only trading for chat love / appreciation is lame.

3. Asking a thousand people for advice and holding deals up because you're scared to make a move on your own. Play the game! Roll the dice!

4. Coming to me and inquiring on some player or assett and then trying to talk me down and telling me oh he isn't that good etc, okay... then why do you want him?

5. Buddy deals

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
I hate when people threaten to deal someone really good to a contender or good gm for cheap if someone else doesn’t match their asking price out of spite. Like ok you are going to punish yourself and the league because you personally are either over valuing some player OR you are just not timing the move correctly. Show some patience and do the leg work and you’ll find a decent deal usually.

LukaSZN

All’s fair in love and FBB trades. But I do hate getting left on read. It’s such a killer. Say no, counter. Something no reply is triggering.

AiRuPtHeRe™

Offering me cash. If a player doesn’t have birds, sure. But why am I going to trade a productive player for cash when I have 100M in my bank.

Hooper

I hate a lot of things:

1. Nickel and dimers, just haggling over the smallest things and willing to hold up an entire deal over something so miniscule

2. I hate dealing with ego traders. Acts that would include you as an ego trader may include but are not limited to: Refusing to make a deal that's mutually beneficial because it wasn't your initial idea. Only making deals where you "win" based off perceived value, as opposed to making deals to fit your team and encompass the bigger picture, only trading for chat love / appreciation is lame.

3. Asking a thousand people for advice and holding deals up because you're scared to make a move on your own. Play the game! Roll the dice!

4. Coming to me and inquiring on some player or assett and then trying to talk me down and telling me oh he isn't that good etc, okay... then why do you want him?

5. Buddy deals
For the next sim question, we should all have to guess specifically who Cloud is talking about in each one of these

Status
Not open for further replies.