Sim 5 S&U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eberlicious

For 4M

Which team has underperformed the most and why?
Which team has overperformed the most and why?

FortsonBass

Hawks due to the RJ injury and their lack of depth.

Wolves weren’t expected to make noise but Monta has put them in position to go to the ECF again.

Eberlicious

Hawks obviously, but also the Cavs. Nash Abram backcourt with the frontcourt riddled with young bigs I was expecting competing for the top of the east.

Mavericks are doing really really good and really guess Uto and Mobley are tanks.

• Love
Reactions: G9.

mngopher35

I think the Hawks is the obvious answer and part of it is just bad luck, he has a 4 point differential and it was larger earlier in the season but he was still out of playoffs. Depth obviously too but they should be a playoff team.

Over performing I am gonna go with Wizards. I think he was set on tanking and sold off multiple pieces including Dell then got stuck middling but is top 4 seed in very tough East anyways (and with under 3 pt differential). The reason? AI mostly but Flor and other youth (plus Brad Miller lol) stepping up.

The Godfather

Hawks 100%, cant play .500 ball with RJ on your team. I knew they were a bit top heavy, without much depth, and here we are and they basically have been eliminated from the playoffs.

I say Mavs and my Pelicans-- I mean we started the year with Cole at the PG position and Big Mac at .Now Mack and Dave are in those 2 spots and we are trending up, up and up. Dallas combo of Uto and Roberson is legit rags to riches story.

• Love
Reactions: G9.

monta8curry

1. Hawks and it's not close, being 4GB of 8 even with RJ/Scottie/Rodman shows how important a bench and role players are
2. Wizards, since they were basically trying to tank but the emergence of Eric Flor has really helped them get up to where they are right now.

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
1 easily the Hawks. Not making the playoffs with the goat would be a big sheesh

2 pacers are playing really well and they just dealt off a few of the best players in the league

Cloud

Staff member
1. Hawks are underperforming. So are the Sonics. Both play brutal eastern conference schedules but should still be better than they are.

2. kings are over-performing. No star player, just a bunch of solid guys. Low Tos and easy schedule propping then up.

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
1. Hawks no question. I thought RJ could still hold it down, and Scottie/Rodman/Craft seem like an okay supporting staff but no bench is a problem I guess.

2. Wizards and Wolves. Both teams that I thought would fall out of the playoff picture after losing some good players in the stacked East. But AI is still a beast for the Wizards, and Monta always puts together winning teams with players that nobody wants.

notail

Hawks given having RJ along other players that are not just role players. I've had RJ myself and I was one of the top teams of the West. I know East is a much tougher league this season, but that still doesn't justify not making the playoffs.

I'd say Kings are performing a lot better than they seem to be even on a weak West schedule. I don't see any one star but they have the Twolves-like team from the past couple seasons of having good solid players and depth

dwightcoward

Just not to say Hawks, I'd go with Grizzlies. Under .500 in this Western conference is a joke

I did not expect to win that many games lol, Fields is too good

NCツ

Underachieving? Hawks, at the all star break we had a +8 diffy, +6 rebounding diffy, and were still out of the playoffs. Have regressed since and still are out of playoffs. Thought this would be a fun season, not a fluke year. Also the Grizzlies are a fucking joke, under .500 in the west lol

Over? Gotta roll with the Wizards, they keep shedding talent and becoming better. 4th seed in the competitive east? that's impressive

hokeyrules

Which team has underperformed the most and why?
Hawks they have RJ and will miss the playoffs. Sad sad times.

Which team has overperformed the most and why?
Detroit, Dell Curry is just on a different level this year, if he was playing the way he normally does, they would not be in playoff contention

Kings

Ty
Underachieving easily the Hawks with RJ Barrett. They don't have good depth around him and a below average center but you still expect RJ to carry. East is tough

I don't think Kings are the right answer here. We're just taking advantage of the bad west. I'd have the Wiz here because I expected them to fall off a bit without Dell. They fought for a playoff spot last year but the team seems to be doing very well. Also expected Pacers to fall off more without Maxey and RJ

cavsfan817

Staff member
The obvious (and for good reason) answer is the Hawks. They are one of the most talented teams in the league and they're likely going to miss the playoffs. To be a little different, I'd say the Grizzlies. Their roster is way too talented to be where they're at in the West. Maybe it's time that Donkey put the petal to the metal.

The Kings have been awesome this year and I'd say they're the biggest overperformer. It really sucks that they're going to be a likely early exit with Ellington's massive injury. Their >11 point differential is not something that I would've seen coming heading into the season

the_jon

I'm gonna go with a team not mentioned for the first answer. The Celtics sit outside of a playoff spot with a less than stellar point differential that is slightly negative. This is a lot less than I think most people expected from that young core of Warney, Hill and Gentile. They still have a lot of time to figure it out but this year looks like a write off.

I'm gonna say Wizards are overachieving but this is more so based on their point differential and spot in the standings. They really arent a bad team just missing a piece or 2. GB could go in any direction with that team and feel confident in the process.

Cheddar

Oof people expected my team to win with 47M in cut salaries, wut? I am surprised to be 5 games over .500 honestly.

Most underachieving has to be the Hawks. Any team with RJ Barrett that is outside of the playoff picture (especially at this stage of his career) is not optimal. You would imagine a team with 37 year old RJ leading the way is looking to make the playoffs.

Most overachieving team to me is the Mavs. They made some solid moves to improve the team this year, but I was not expecting them to be 2nd in the West (obviously due to divisional rank). Good for the Mavs, I hope their run continues.

AiRuPtHeRe™

Most Underachieving: Memphis Grizzlies. They controlled the draft and had all the assets to improve their team. Still under .500. They'll make the playoffs, BUT all we heard was the Grizzlies were going to be a lot better.

Most Overachieving: Indiana Pacers -- kinda just have a roster all thrown together lol. No more Barrett, no more Maxey but still find themselves has the #2 seed in the East

Curry

Administrator
Administrator
Underperformed: Lakers. Why you ask? This is the only team page I look at.

Overperformed: Lakers. Why you ask? This is the only team page I look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.