Sim 4 S24

Eberlicious

For 3M: Tell us who is the most undervalued and overvalued player in fantasy football this year

OR

For 3M: Tell us who is the most undervalued and overvalued player in BSL this year

You can do both for fun

Catdude

100% the most undervalued player in BSL is Marcus Denmon. The dude is putting up great numbers on the #2 team in the east. He has basically put that team on his back and willed them into a strong playoff team. Yet when I try to get offers on him, no one comes knocking. You really hate to see it

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The most overvalued player in fantasy by a mile is Michael Thomas who is still getting picked pretty high in a lot of leagues. Two years removed from his best season and he’s 29, hard to see him being productive and staying healthy. He doesn’t have a great QB anymore either.

The most underrated is probably Julio Jones who is going deep in most drafts or even undrafted. The Tom Brady effect is real, and if Julio is on the TB12 method look for a huge comeback year. Brady will make sure he gets targets. Could be as good as a WR2 option in fantasy.

Panic!

Overvalued - Paul George - I always see it as a red flag when a guard or a wing has more turnovers than assists (L. The Pistons have three guys scoring 20+ppg with an elite PG but for some reason they are 29-25. There's a problem and that's Paul George. He is shooting 44% from the field and 34% from three. He is extremely inefficient for a "star".

Undervalued - Corey Walden - He's scoring 18ppg as a second option at SG. After the Kemba trade our point differential increased from +6.2 to +12.4 (+14.3 without Kemba) and that's because of improved defense and I think it's Walden who changed it. We were a bottom 10 defense prior to the trade and now we have a top 5 defense.

Hooper

Overvalued: Rudy Gay. He kinda just sucks, but I needed defense and a role player badly at SF when I signed him. He's got the easiest job in the league next to Kyrie/Jamal (one of the best backcourts) and Ayton and Oden (maybe the best front court?) and he still is turning it over 2.5 times per game while only scoring 11 ppg and shooting like 41% as a non option. His defense and stealing is elite for the position but he is dramatically overpaid because I had to do it. Gay is certainly NOT da goat.

Undervalued: Josh Harrellson. One of the best true PFs in the league, if not the best. He leads the league in FG% at 19 ppg. Probably has 100 inside scoring knowing Frank's type. 10+ rpg, basically 3 stocks. Just an all around elite player, all star, and on what is basically half of a max contract. Ridiculous value asset right now.

SoftLettuce

Overvalued: this is strictly for redraft purposes, but Allen and Mahomes in the 4th or 5th is pretty wild when you can get Lamar, Kyler a few rounds later, or Lance/Carr/Cousins in the double digit rounds. Another guy I'm not a fan of is Javonte Williams. He's going real early in redrafts for a guy who will be splitting time with Melvin Gordon.

Undervalued: DeAndre Hopkins. His 6 game suspension notwithstanding, he's a fun value grab in the later rounds. Guys like DHop being suspended make drafting Mahomes or Allen earlier make more sense. Draft well enough at WR to push through his 6 game suspension, Mahomes and Allen help with that too, and then add him to the mix and that could be fun

Xxplayerxx23

Overvalued: this is strictly for redraft purposes, but Allen and Mahomes in the 4th or 5th is pretty wild when you can get Lamar, Kyler a few rounds later, or Lance/Carr/Cousins in the double digit rounds. Another guy I'm not a fan of is Javonte Williams. He's going real early in redrafts for a guy who will be splitting time with Melvin Gordon.

Undervalued: DeAndre Hopkins. His 6 game suspension notwithstanding, he's a fun value grab in the later rounds. Guys like DHop being suspended make drafting Mahomes or Allen earlier make more sense. Draft well enough at WR to push through his 6 game suspension, Mahomes and Allen help with that too, and then add him to the mix and that could be fun
Lol so he’s gonna be splitting time with Gordon but hall isn’t gonna split with Carter. Stop it. Williams isn’t gonna split it’s gonna be 70/30

Swope

Staff member
Overvalued: D’Andre Swift
I had Swift on my championship winning team last year and he was pretty useful when on the field. Unfortunately he always seemed to be banged up. The Lions still stink and I think he was valuable at times to me last season as a 3rd round pick. Now that he’s going as a late first rounder, I think there’s huge swing and miss potential. Fortunately for me last season, I had JT, Cooper Kupp, Travis Kelce and Deebo Samuel to carry the load.

Undervalued: James Robinson
Robinson has been a beast over his first two seasons in the league. Sure, he’s coming off a knee injury late last season but he was listed today as healthy and is going to play Sunday. Etienne is the real question mark in this backfield and Doug Pederson will spread the love among the backs. He won’t push aside a guy like Robinson unless Etienne is far and away the better weapon. I was able to snag Robinson in the 10th round for one of my teams and think that is just a ridiculous steal.

notail

Undervalued: Andray Blatche. Great scoring big whose shooting % (especially his 3pt %) isn't terrible who can also shoot the FTs while providing 1SPG and 1.6 BPG. don't think he's mentioned around the league much at all but he's a nice complimentary big next to Lopez

Overvalued: Early to say but Trae Young potentially given his high TO and liability on the defensive end. I'm sure he still has potential but he needs to improve with his TC in both of these areas to be lead a team in FBB

Scott

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Overvalued: Derrick Henry. This one is a huge hot take but the man has played such a physical game as a bellcow, bruising RB that I truly believe we are going to begin seeing some regression. This could honestly just be in terms of volume or performance as a whole. I think he’s still a late 1st round pick but I can’t see myself taking him over guys like Kupp, Jefferson, Harris, Ekeler, Kamara.

undervalued: Travis Etienne Jr. Will be a reliable RB2 with RB1 potential if he stays healthy. I truly can see him finishing as a top 5-10 RB. The James Robinson comment by Swope is something I strongly disagree with. An Achilles injury is not easy to get over and the Jags paid high draft value for Etienne for a reason. Let’s not forget he’s also playing with his college QB

Xxplayerxx23

Over valued Zeke still going in round 3-4 range I think he’s toast. Pollard is better, I think he takes over the starting job at some point. He stinks.

undervalued St Brown. Been getting him in round 5-6 range. Really love him this year think he’s gonna be a league winner.

Cloud

Staff member
Overvalued:

Josh Jacobs, Ezekiel Elliot, Aaron Jones, Michael Pittman, Dameon Pierce (at his current ADP)

Undervalued:

Josh Palmer, Nico Collins, Treylon Burks, Rashod Bateman, Devin Singletary

The Godfather

Overvalued (if we are talking 2022 Fanrasy only Not Dynasty) Brady... The wheels will fall off at some point and I think 2022 is it

Undervalued - Tua QB (Miami)... He is going to have a huge aeason... Geno Smith QB watch him closely in 3 weeks he will be the most sought after player in Fantasy Football

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
Undervalued:

DK Metcalf - Might be an unorthodox take, but his current ADP is an overreaction to Geno Smith. Yes, Metcalf will be worse without a competent QB. But he's being drafted as a high end WR3 in a lot of leagues, and at that point in the draft he's a steal. Garbage time is a real thing, and Metcalf is going to be getting by far the most targets in Seattle.

Overvalued - Drafting any quarterback early in a 1 QB league with 12 or less teams. It's just not worth it. There's always top 10 QBs who end up available on waivers if you strike out with your late draft pick, and after the top 3-4 QBs on the board, the drop off from 4/5 to 12 is usually not that significant. After the 2nd round of the draft, there's a cliff on RB quality, and most of the WR value is in the first 5-6 rounds. If I need to also pick a player, I'll go with Breece Hall. I'm not convinced that the Jets RBs won't be in a timeshare for the first half of the season, and while I like Breece a lot, his ADP of late 3rd / early 4th is too early for me.

Foreman

Overvalued: Akers is on my list but it looks better in hindsight after that first game so I'll give another answer.
Ja'Maar Chase. He usually goes somewhere in the top 8 with RBs like Najee, Kamara, Cook, Swift, and Mixon still on the board. He's good for the big play and ideally he makes a jump from last year, but he finished last season poorly and has Higgins and Boyd to take away targets from him.

Undervalued: Chase Edmonds. There's some stats out there about outside zone rushing success that I don't want to look for right now but that's the system Miami runs and that's where he had the most success in Arizona last season. Check downs should be wide open for him with Tyreek and Waddle stretching the field. I don't think anyone expects Mostert to stay healthy but either way, Edmonds is paid as the main guy on this team and he should easily outperform his ADP.

Kings

Ty
Overvalued: Michael Pittman. That’s my guy and I expect some good numbers with Matt Ryan but he has been picked really high in some drafts for someone that won’t carry your team