Sim 4 + ASW (S29)

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
For $3.0M, who was the biggest reach and the biggest steal of the 2020 NBA Draft IRL, provide explanation.

Panic!

Reach: Isaac Okoro - Role player at best. Defense should fit perfectly though.
Steal: Cole Anthony - Very underrated. UNC had no talent, hence, he was inefficient. Drafted by the perfect coach too. Clifford turned Kemba to a star from an inefficient volume shooter in his first few years.

Xxplayerxx23

Biggest reach Jaylen smith. At 10 seriously? I don’t get that one

biggest steal deni at 9 is crazy value. Cannot believe he dropped there I think he’s gonna be a star

Curry

Administrator
Administrator
Reach: Patrick Williams. Not saying it doesn't work out just not a huge fan of his game. We'll see.
Steal: Will sound weird but Lamelo at 3. I think he should've went 1 we could be looking back on this similarly to Luka/Ayton. Not saying Lamelo will be Luka but he could be much much better than Ant.

mngopher35

Reach: Patrick Williams, I do like some of his skillsets but have seen so little overall as he was a bench player in college. Really shot up the boards late though.
Steal: Haliburton, I really like his game and think the Kings were lucky he fell to them. Very smart player who has a great shot and plays defense too

FortsonBass

Reach: Jalen Smith. While I do like his NBA potential, he was in the 20-40 range on most expert’s boards and a super wide reach at 10. The Suns seem destined to let Baynes go to save $, but why not trade down and draft him rather than reaching at 10? Puzzling.

Steal: Desmond Bane. Could immediately start for the Grizzlies after training camp. Best shooter in the draft, he’s jacked, great passer, and has a very high basketball IQ. Remember this, Desmond Bane is the steal of this draft and perhaps all the drafts of the 20’s. He should’ve gone top 15 for his long term value alone.

The Godfather

Steal is Bane for sure-- he is a plug and play type and will get valuable playing time from day 1

Reach- Jalen Smith-- he was a reach this early in the draft, easily could have had "steal" value at 18-19 in due time due to potential solid/solid + game.. but where he went you need a 80/20 player -- 80 they will turn out--- and Jalen is like a 30/70 player

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
Steal: Haliburton - I was bummed that the Knicks didn't take him at 8. Perfect 3 and D guy

Reach: Boring answer but Jalen Smith. Any time someone is projected to go 20 or later and is a lotto pick that's a reach. Even if he was the guy for the Suns, they should have traded down and picked up some draft capital

the_jon

Reach: Jalen Smith - Went way higher than he was projected to go

Steal: Deni - Think he should have went top 3 or 4

Cloud

Staff member
Malachi Flynn is the biggest steal, he’s going to alleviate so much of the pain of FVV leaving Toronto, kids a baller and ready to play valuable NBA minutes from the jump.

Isaiah Stewart at 16 was a pretty huge reach, I know he was a 5 star hyped prospect but he should’ve been a 2nd round pick based off what he put on tape at UW last year

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
A lot of the steals have been said but I really like Maxey to 76ers. Should be a good fit there. Also like onyeka for the hawks falling to 6. Kind of a weird pick fit wise but I like him as a prospect

I agree with most of the above reaches. I like pat will but think they should have traded down there. Jalen Smith was just ridiculous.

AiRuPtHeRe™

Patrick Williams at 4 doesn’t sit well for me. Thought they could have traded down a couple of spots.

Steal - I like Hampton going late to the nuggets. Think he’ll play really well as a role guy turned into a starter eventually.

notail

Williams seems like a reach at 4. He is young and I can argue for him being a top 10 pick, but 4 seems too high.

Haliburton was a nice steal as he fell out of the top 10. He will be a nice compliment passer to Fox for the Kings

Greeme

Reach: Jalen Smith - went close to 10 spots higher than he should have gone

Steal: both israelis - deni should have gone 4 at worst, yam will make people regret letter him fall to 47

NCツ

Reach: Patrick Williams, Marvin Williams 2.0. Didn't even start in college

Steal: Grant Riller at Pick #56 for Charlotte. I saw him in the 1st round in many mocks (including donkeys guaranteed to be 100% accurate mock), and the hornets were able to snag him late second round.

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Steal: Cole Anthony at 15 to the Magic, this is around where he was projected to go, but people are really sleeping on him. He didn't light college up, but that potential he had coming out of high school is still there. He easily could be one of if not the best players in this draft class.

Reach: Patrick Williams, mostly because the Bulls could've traded down, but the pick is just like the Magic taking Jonathan Isaac, there's potential there, but he has a long way to go. I think he ends up being a similar player and I'm not sure you want that 4th overall.