SIM 3, Sim & Upload

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukaSZN

For a maximum of 3M and a minimum of 1M, answer the following questions:

1) Who was the biggest All-Star snub? Why?

2) Who are the three best teams in the league? Why?

3) Which team has the best future? Why?

Cloud

Staff member
1. Steph Curry for the West has LeBron James for the East. Hard to tell exactly without team pages updated but those were the two I expected to see and found to be semi-surprising when they weren’t in the day 60 boxscore. I think Jarrett Culver has a potential gripe as well.

2. Raptors are the team to beat with Kawhi and KD leading the way and Drummond and AG in the front court. So much fire-power. Next I’d still say denver, Curry is incredible and they’re the reigning western conference champs until proven otherwise. And then it’s a toss up between Portland and Houston. I think Portland is the more complete team but it’s hard to deny what that’s houston backcourt is capable of.

3. Clippers. A great center piece in Jarrett Culver who is proving to be a star already, attractive secondary prospects in Childs, Washington and Herro, and a war chest of appealing future draft picks and cap space to work with.

Eberlicious

1. Steph without a doubt. 30/5/7 split while nearly in the 50/90/40 club is insane. And Denver is near the top of their conference.

2. First the Raptors, that KD and Kawhi stack is too nice to bet against. Second the Trailblazers with a strong back court of Lillard and CJ and a beefy front court of LaMarcus and Nurkic. Lastly I think the way that James Harden is playing leaves Houston as the next strongest team in the league.

3. I'd say the Spurs with Zion are the team I'd want to start with. He is already a legit star and hes only in his rookie year. With cap space and smart drafting they could be very scary very soon

The Godfather

1. Steph big time.. POW 2 times in 1st half, 29.5 ppg on .495 shooting (amongst the league leaders in both), complete snub. LBJ in the East 23.3 PPG and 9 rebounds (highest amongst SF) to go with 1.7 steals and almost 1/2 a block per game. Most complete SF in the league.

2. Raptors have the star power with KD + Kahwi and when they play healthy and well no one can match their production. #2 Portland - maybe the best C on file, and Lilliard was an All Star over Steph and is a complete stud..., they are also one of the deepest frontcourts in the league, they dont turn it over, they shoot very well, pass very well and have few weaknesses. #3 any number of teams can go here, I like the Rockets, Pelicans and Nuggets all 3 have kinks in their shields, but if those 3 teams played 30 games against each other equally each would win 33% of the time, on any given Sunday...

3. I like Cavs a lot (many will say LAC and I have no problem with picking them, but I am going against the current here).. 1st off they have a tremendous base in Bridges SF and Sexton PG/SG.. Both of these guys have the look of potential 20+ PPG scorers. Wether Sexton (4.5 turnovers) can overcome his TOs and stick at PG could go a long way in determining how quickly and efficientely this team rises, if he can improve his TOs you are looking at an All Star, if not, he will still be an above average SG in the league. I like Hayes 2BPG, solid rookie #'s across the board if he develops just enough a 15/10/2.5 PF looms and that folks is very strong. Dont sleep on Tucker, a great steal late in draft day. With a Lotto and projected top pick the Cavs could be one #1 overall pick away from amazing the best young team in the league, especially if they add a dominant Center or (if Sexton is not the answer) a legit PG to their arsenal. Cap wise this team will have plenty of flexibility to get really good, really fast with the proper management of its assets

LukaSZN

Dare I say Wendell Carter Jr.?

DeMarcus Cousins:
23-11-4-1-1 44%

Wendell Carter Jr.:
23-11-3-1-2 42%

It's not far off!

Raptors, obviously. Thanks Jon/Panic. . .

Celtics: Beal and Irving is the best backcourt in the game, they are stupid good. Beal is SOOOOO good.

Rockets: They are still in need of the right DC but Harden, Paul, Capela. . . One piece away from contending.

I want to say us, WCJ and Barrett are stars, Lauri could get in that realm. But it's probably the Hawks. Hawks got guys all up the board who could hit big. . . Luka, Cam, Clarke, KP, and Collins, man. .. Damn

G9.

Pistons GM

Probably Wendell Carter Jr. Seems like he was close to Cousins, probably better defensively.

Blazers, Raptors, Bucks. B/c that is what the standings say.

Hawks or Bulls. Clippers will be there soon as Cloud is a top tier drafter and has a good eye for hidden FA gems.

mngopher35

1. Was gonna go steph but he was injured it seems as was Lebron. Ill go with Kemba instead since I think he could have been in over Trae with 4 topg/weak defense.

2. One is Raptors. Why because Jon sent him KD to pair with Kawhi while Panic sent him Drummond too haha. I think Portland looks pretty well built all around so they have to be in my top 3 here this season. I am not really sure there are clear cut teams around here though and third is tough since Portland is kinda my favorite of the next bunch type thing. I think I will go with Celtics given the really strong backcourt.

3. Hawks have done a really good job, I think they have to be the team to beat here. Luka/Reddish/Collins/Clarke is very nice. After that it is kind of a toss up again with a lot of team that could be in it. As others mentioned teams like clippers/bulls are a good lotto away from entering the discussion.

hokeyrules

Miles Bridges, not for the main game, but he didn't even make the sophomore team and last year he made the all rookie team. How can it be said that his own teammate Collin Sexton made it in 2019, but Bridges who performed better did not get invited.

Toronto, Denver and Portland.

I mean Toronto won last year, not much needs to be said there. Denver because they were in the finals last year and were one game from defeating Toronto, and they have Steph Curry. The real meat and potatoes is Portland, as they are having a great record right now, but they are also playing with a great point guard in Damian Lilliard. What really is the deciding piece for them is how well does LaMarcus Aldridge age and perform.

Cavs because they are mine and I have to hope right? In all seriousness, I have a very good SG, SF and PG, big men are weak, but I also have a lot of cap space and a lot of picks coming up, so could be a good shot.

NCツ

1. Gonna have some bias here but I was surprised to not see John Collins in the all star game. With 20.6 ppg 11.7 rpg 1.4 bpg with 44.7/76.5/40 splits I would consider those All Star caliber numbers. I would have given Collins a nod over both Jokic and Cousins.

2. I like the Hornets roster a ton. They have done what the real life Hornets have failed tremendously at: putting talent around Kemba Walker. With Okafor, K Love, BG, Chriss, Gallinari, Wall, & Ibaka the Hornets have the pieces to make a run this post season. Second I love Houston just because of how insane James Harden is, I would love to see him carry a team to a title. Thank god Greeme isn't the Rockets GM because he would probably find a way to get Harden to score 50 ppg (or he might would just trade him away because he "passes" too much. I like the Blazers out West as well but unlike others I like them for their frontcourt. The trio of Nurkic, Thomas Bryant, and Aldridge is not one to be slept on while on defense. They all can score in volume, and efficiently, can rebound, and can knock down a HIGH percentage of their free throws.

3. Going to be biased again and say myself. Luka and Collins fell into my lap when I took over and that is a fantastic start for any GM, but if Clarke and Cam prove to be at minimum somewhat competent players (Clarke already has through the first half of the season) my team should have a great future. Collins, Luka, Clarke, and Reddish are all under the age of 22 and Kristaps Porzingas is the old man of my core 5 at 24 years old. You never know what could happen this off season too, the East is strong and I could end up with lotto pick 13 and we all saw what happened with that pick last year for Foremans already stacked steam.

Greeme

Really don't see a big snub. I think the comp did a good job overall. Oby Steph and LBJ should have been there but they just missed it bc of injuries. Durant or Kawhi should have been moved to sg and made it over doncic but that is on donks not the comp. Tatum is insane but so is kawhi and blake has great stats although he plays center not sf. Westbrook also has nice stats but it is hard to argue with lillard and paul.
Raps - Because they started as the second best team in the league and the best team gave them arguably the best player
nuggets - because they have steph curry.
rockets - i feel bad leaving off the blazers bc they have the best record but they have holes which can be exploited in the playoffs. rockets have a stud big in capela and the best backcourt in the league
The Raps - They have the most value on their team. They are going to have to show that they can move durant for value but they have a nice young fc in gordon/drummond and kawhi is only 28. If he can move durant for solid youth this team will be good for awhile.

AiRuPtHeRe™

I’ll go with Russell Westbrook. I believe he should have been in over Chris Paul and you could debate over Damian Lillard as well. I think we can make a solid arguement for the leader in assist.

1. Toronto Raptors: Reigning champs! Kawhi and Durant are too strong of a duo.

2. Denver Nuggets: Steph Curry is a perfect Greeme player. They went to the finals last year and lost in game 7. Unless curry goes down, I’m not sure who could stop that offense besides...

3. Houston Rockets: James Harden. He is averaging 40+ PPG. It’s been a long time since we’ve seen a player with those averages. The rockets are the only team out west that could stop the Nuggets and curry.

Atlanta Hawks. Led by Luka, the hawks have a plethora of young talent. Brandon Clarke looks very good for a late lotto pick. I’m still iffy on Cam Reddish. John Collins AND KP. Man Nate was an idiot for leaving this team.

notail

It has to be Stephen Curry wit ha 30/5/7 with 50/96/52 split. I have never seen such split with only 2.4 TOPG as a PG. He is taking up two players-worth of contract, but he is the only PG currently who I can justify paying that much. He deserves to be ALL NBA team, MVP and All star.

Raptors have to be at the top especially afte their last ship run. They have a powerful superstar duo of Kawhi and KD and it's hard to beat them as you know one of them is going to go off each game.

I like the Trail Blazers since they are led by Dame + 4 other players who score 10 + ppg. I like them because they don't have one superstar (maybe Dame is borderline), but a well balanced team and their point differential is showing that with 10ppg difference.

I like the Rockets led by two superstar of Harden and CP3. They have Clint capela to make up the 3 man team and I believe is few more depth pieces away from being a powerhouse.

Hawks for me. Luka, Collins + Reddish will be a team to be reckoned with for the future. They already seem to be competing as a young team and it will only go up from here

Kings

Ty
1. Steph Curry is the biggest snub that sticks out. Doesn't make any sense. Couple PF's got snubbed because of Giannis at PF but I guess Blake at SF makes up for it. Biggest snub for sure is CP3 over Curry

1) Toronto Raptors - Team is likely going to repeat. They have the best differential in the league and shows In record. KD and Kawhi can carry them throughout any series or game in the playoffs when it matters. An elite rebounding team which helps them control games and will be a huge advantage in the playoffs.

2) Portland Trail Blazers - The acquisitions of LaMarcus Aldridge and Thomas Bryant has given this team a huge boost. Damian Lillard is elite and CJ is a great second option to him. Very hard to stop this team when you have multiple players that will go off any night.

3) Milwaukee Bucks - This is out of left field a bit but with the star power of Giannis and LeBron you can not count this team out. Some solid depth. Could see them making a run in the playoffs

3. I like the Knicks future a lot with Jackson Jr/Jokic and Michael Porter Jr. Knicks Have some flexibility and could add some nice pieces around the core. Hawks are looking real nice too with the core of Luka/Collins/KP and Cam. Ready for Cam's debut, wonder how much volume he'll have. Bulls have a pretty nice core too the East Is going to be rough in a few years when these teams develop.

Kings

Ty
1. Steph Curry is the biggest snub that sticks out. Doesn't make any sense. Couple PF's got snubbed because of Giannis at PF but I guess Blake at SF makes up for it. Biggest snub for sure is CP3 over Curry

1) Toronto Raptors - Team is likely going to repeat. They have the best differential in the league and shows In record. KD and Kawhi can carry them throughout any series or game in the playoffs when it matters. An elite rebounding team which helps them control games and will be a huge advantage in the playoffs.

2) Portland Trail Blazers - The acquisitions of LaMarcus Aldridge and Thomas Bryant has given this team a huge boost. Damian Lillard is elite and CJ is a great second option to him. Very hard to stop this team when you have multiple players that will go off any night.

3) Milwaukee Bucks - This is out of left field a bit but with the star power of Giannis and LeBron you can not count this team out. Some solid depth. Could see them making a run in the playoffs

3. I like the Knicks future a lot with Jackson Jr/Jokic and Michael Porter Jr. Knicks Have some flexibility and could add some nice pieces around the core. Hawks are looking real nice too with the core of Luka/Collins/KP and Cam. Ready for Cam's debut, wonder how much volume he'll have. Bulls have a pretty nice core too the East Is going to be rough in a few years when these teams develop.

daulten780

1. Steph is putting up great scoring numbers on one of the league’s top teams- no way he should have missed the ASG.
2. Raptors, Celtics, Blazers. All these teams have at least two great stars with a nice supporting cast around them, which is shown in their great records
3. The Hawks have a lot of great young talent with Doncic, John Collins and Reddish. It will be interesting to see what moves they make as they become more competitive

Status
Not open for further replies.