Sim 3(S36)

Curry

Administrator
Administrator
Halfway through the season whats one team that has surprised and one team that has disappointed you?

4m

Swope

Staff member
Surprise - Celtics
I knew they’d be a good team but they are playing insane and being run by Jaden Ivey which is wild.

Disappointing- Raptorw
Pushed chips in and have been bad. Fortunately the swap they threw in for this years pick in the Deni/Green deal will still net them some sort of of lotto

Username

the best
Disappointing is the raptors, got 2 stars for picks and they suck balls

Surprising would be the Celtics mainly because Cade is going nuts and I didn’t expect him to be that crazy lol

Kings

Ty
Surprise: Sacramento
They are older and kinda been middling last few years but they are doing well right now. Matthew and Sengun for sure underrated a bit. Sengun took a nice jump

disappointment Charlotte
After last year and trading more assets in a 9-8 first sim really killed us when multiple teams started 12-1. Had championship aspirations but now we might fuck around and get bounced in the first round smh

Snypes89

Surprise: Boston. Jumping from middle of the pick to top in the east so far very impressive.

Disappointment: Jamaal Franklin. Only 20 but still pisses me off every sim with his lack of shooting

Xxplayerxx23

Surprise everyone going Celtics makes no sense look at the roster lmaooo I’ll go with towns at 59 still being unreal and leading the nets to a top record in a tough ass east

disappointing is obviously the raptors, they made the right move going for that trade idc what anybody says. How do you not but yeah they need to add a big or two and depth in the offseason. They can be really good if they can add a top tier big

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
Surprise: Kings - I thought they’d be a fringe playoff team but somehow they are a 2 seed right now. Strazel is low key pretty dope

Disappointment: Raptors - obviously the east is stacked and they have big holes in the frontcourt, but I thought Jalen/Deni would be enough to go .500 at least

Hail2pitt

Suprise- Celtics being this good..great start , be interesting if they can keep up that pace

Dissapointing - I really thought that the Pistons would be a better team this yr , but the East is loaded. Also , the Obvious Answer..The Raptors are just terrible after making a few very nice moves in my opinion in the offseason!

AiRuPtHeRe™

Surprise - Washington Bullets. They traded all of their stars and still have 16 wins on the season. Meanwhile the team that got 2 of those stars only have 15 wins.

Disappointing - 15-28 Raptors for sure. They are going to be pretty handicapped to make major moves to upgrade that roster unfortunately.

Cloud

Staff member
Disappointing:

Portland… all-time gifthorse bullshit TC to make minimum salary KPJ disgusting, and then luck into stealing Jamal Murray who’s gross too and they have Herro and they play in an absolute dogshit conference in an even more dogshit division and they’re 24-20. Joke.

Surprising:

Knicks… their peripherals aren’t that strong, none of the team numbers suggest a record as good as it is, depth is nearly non-existent and the backcourt is as weak as any competitive teams and they find themselves 28-13. 3-5 is strong but I’d expect that record to come back to earth

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
Surprise - the fact that this many people are surprised the Celtics are BACK

disappointed- gonna pile on hokey thought he was ready to make some moves after getting a couple stars and it just hasn’t worked out

notail

Surprising: Nets with Towns still being as good as he's been along with three near 20 ppg. I'm surprised that these three can produce this much despite Towns scoring 30ppg.

Disappointing: Got to be Raptors given the fact that they were the team that flipped the switch by acquiring Deni and Green. Their record is worse than the Bullets and I'd say Atlantic division is more competitive than Central

SoftLettuce

Surprising; Celtics. Pistons legend Jaden Ivey decided to be good after we shipped him off for scraps! A shame.

Disappointing: Pistons! We stink!

brooks

Thunder
Surprise - easily Celtics. Didn’t think they’d have the juice to be dominate, but they are getting a A LOT out of having such amazing ball movement. Not sure if that works well in playoffs, but will be interesting to see.

bad - easily raptors here lol. I genuinely thought Hokey did a good job this off-season getting those players. He needs time tho, so that OD can continue to develop and be that star post player. Giving away great picks tho :/

Just Swaggy

Surprise - Celtics. That Chet trade was a game changer for them and propeled the team in a way that no one was expecting. My GMOTY candidate easily.

bad - Had no idea the Jazz would not do as bad as they're after getting wemby. He is not him, but I had thought with his other players he would have been better.