Sim 3 S18

LukaSZN

If you were in charge of re-vamping the basketball Hall of Fame to better reflect the NBA elite, what should the new minimum requirements be to get a guy in? 3M

Hooper

I’d say any DPOY, MVP, FMVP, and all NBA first teamer gets in, no questions ask. We have to just eat a couple bad players like Bucks legend DAJ getting in, but I think that’s a good starting place. I’m more into getting guys who had higher peaks in vs giving lifetime achievement awards to dog shit players who are pseudo all stars for a couple years.

Additionally, we need to make it an NBA hall of fame, and not a basketball HOF. In my HOF, Melo is still getting in, but by basketball HOF standards the guy basically has a GOAT case with a college title and all the gold medals. That shit is irrelevant

Outside of this, it’s just gotta feel right. I think the voters themselves need to be re-evaluate and replaced with a committee of former players who actually give a shit.

Was this an honest answer? Did I shamelessly just put both Jayson Tatum and Marcus Smart into the HOF? Whose to say

brooks

Thunder
I’d shrink it down to Michael Jordan and Anthony Edwards if we’re being honest

notail

any player who get MVP, DPOTY, all NBA 1st teams, league leader in PPG,RPG,APG,SPG,BPG should be a minimum

Xxplayerxx23

All star for 8+ years, make all nba teams, mvps/finals mvps would help the case but not a deal breaker without either. Need to be a great player for 8+ years need to be top in some elite category’s all time

brooks

Thunder
Anyone want who has the following:

min:
4x All NBA (doesn’t matter in which team)
6x all star

or

1x mvp/3x DPOTY

OR

3 championships as a STARTER

Xxplayerxx23

Anyone want who has the following:

min:
4x All NBA (doesn’t matter in which team)
6x all star

or

1x mvp/3x DPOTY

OR

3 championships as a STARTER
I don’t agree with the championships. You need to be more than just a role player starter on a ship team

The Godfather

5x All Star
3x All NBA
1 Championship

(Only exceptions to the above if a player felt a couple short...say they did 4 x Allstars and 0 Ships) would be DPOTY / MVP/ ROY...

brooks

Thunder
I don’t agree with the championships. You need to be more than just a role player starter on a ship team
Idk. I think they’re a key element to success if you’re a 3 time champion. I’m sure you’d have a few undeserving candidates tho.

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
Must player for the Boston Celtics at some point in your career

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
But seriously I think I agree with a lot of the criteria listed so far. Mvp/multiple dpoty guys should be in. If you make a handful of all nba teams you are in. All stars games irrelevant to me in regards to the HOF unless it’s like an 8+ time type thing, all nba much more important.

G9.

Pistons GM
Real answer I'm gonna copy GB and say everyone else already did a great job defining some criteria. Agree on the ASG selections not really being a significant factor.

Kings

Ty
But seriously I think I agree with a lot of the criteria listed so far. Mvp/multiple dpoty guys should be in. If you make a handful of all nba teams you are in. All stars games irrelevant to me in regards to the HOF unless it’s like an 8+ time type thing, all nba much more important.
100% this. Fan voting on the ASG is way too funky at times to hold serious weight. But all NBA is 99% legit. Also the requirement to play for Boston or some other big market team lol

CLB3

If you have 2 of the following qualifications, I think you should make it:

Win a championship while being a top 4 most important player on the team

3+ All league team selections

DPOY

MVP

5+ All star selections

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
I think it's subjective by design, and requiring minimum criteria would go against that. I think it's possible for player to have done enough to earn a HoF selection without necessarily meeting the criteria one would expect of a player of that caliber.

That said, if I was to define rough criteria, it would be

1 MVP/DPOY or 8x all star or 3x all NBA or 1 finals MVP

Obviously rings add value as well, especially if the player was a key piece of that team

Swope

Staff member
I propose the “Rule of 10”

Some combination of the following to get to 10

All-NBA
MVP
DPOTY
6MOTY
Championships
Finals MVP

Or if you’d like to open it up more, make it the “Rule of 15” and add all star game appearances to the list of requirements.

• Sad
Reactions: G9.