Sim 2 (S7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
For $3.0M, what is one realistic trade that any team besides your own in this league should make to take their team to the next level?

mngopher35

Dang my team is easy, add a legit pg lol

I think Detroit should try and snag like Stephen Jackson from the Pacers who are tanking, they have nice bigs and Roderick is surprising as others have noted. I mean you could go for even more of a star wing too I guess but I tried to keep it realistic and it fits the timeline as well with the core.

Trade wise I would think a couple futures+artest (langdon/stackhouse cb to match)

Last edited:

G9.

Pistons GM
Suns should package Dunleavy + Pack (cb) + whatever other assets they may have for someone like Stephen Jackson. I'm not entirely sure that Mason/Dunleavy's defense ever reaches B+/A- level and I think they'll be able to find plenty of scoring from ZBo, Mason, Calderon, and Jackson moving forward. ZBo/Mason/Calderon's defense will always be somewhat suspect I think. DRob won't be there forever. They need at least one long term upper tier defender for playoff matchups. DRob can handle the front court for a least a few years but they've got nobody other than 2ppg Battier to match up in the backcourt.

Cloud

Staff member
Miami Gets:
Jason Kidd
Clarence Weatherspoon

Kings Get:
Larry Hughes
Marco Mordente
Jamal Mashburn
Future 1st
Chunk of cash

Curry

Administrator
Administrator
I have to be completely honest I don't fucking know.

I'll say:

Hawks trade:
Rashard

Celtics Trade:
Alonzo Mourning

Reactions: G9.

notail

Wizards:
McIlvane
Allan Houston
future 1st

Celtics:
Alonzo Mourning
Jim Jackson

Wizards get their front court help they need to compliment Terry and Allen. That's a big three that can beat any team in a 7 game playoff series. Celtics get a scoring wing in Allan to pair with Damon and Vince. McIlvane will be the defense compensation to replace Zo and they still have Thomas to make a formidable defensive front court

Foreman

Lakers Send:
Chris Mihm
Cedric Ceballos (cutback)
Future First

Bulls Send:
Samuel Dalembert

Bulls get back a young big and a first for their young big and it boosts the Lakers front court to make them a bigger contender

Panic!

Greg Anthony (Grizzlies)

For

Jamaal Magloire (Warriors)

I heard Panic is looking for a third big of the future in case Jayson Williams does not resign. And Warriors need a PG. Warriors have to add though.

panda

Buy a ticket, take the ride
idk man this question is kind of absurdly open. Here's one that's probably terrible:

Terrell Brandon+ for Jermaine O'Neal

AiRuPtHeRe™

Lakers Get
Jason Kidd

Kings get:
Nick Van Exel (WB)
Picks

Lakers get an upgrade at PG, especially defensively. Kings don’t need to spend a lot of $$ to keep him as he’s expiring.

NCツ

Warriors are the surprise team of the season and should cash in on the western conference being weak and their sudden success.

They should package contract fillers + pick(s) to acquire a more legit PG. They don't need a superstar, because they are currently 22-5 with Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf and Steve Francis running the show. So they really just need a tier above those guys.

The trade idea:

Warriors Send:
Steve Francis
Contract filler
Future First round pick

Celtics Send
Damon Stoudamire

Warriors could also get more aggressive and get Zo in the package too. Would just need to add probably Tony Allen or Mike Miller and 2 more futures

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think there's a perfect trade to be had for two teams.

Rockets Trade:
Chauncey Billups

Lakers Trade:
Grant Hill

The Rockets need someone to go with Wade, and Hill would be the perfect compliment. The Lakers would get a huge improvement over Nick Van Exel at point guard and they'd be able to run the outside offense which would benefit Kukoc.

Status
Not open for further replies.