Sim 2 (S31)

LukaSZN

For .75 mill each.

Who is the most underrated player in the NBA and why?

Who is the most underrated player in the sim and why?

Who is the most overrated player in the sim and why?

Who is the most overrated player in the NBA and why?

FortsonBass

The most underrated player in the NBA is Domantas Sabonis. He is infrequently talked about as one of the best big men in the NBA, yet he is one of them. He is the most important player on the Pacers, and was grossly misused in OKC as a stretch 4. He is not a casual fan commodity, but he’s truly one of the most dynamic big men in the league. Wherever you think he should be ranked, he’s higher.

The most underrated player in sim is Juwan Staten. Whenever we talk about the best PG’s he never comes up in the discussion and it’s truly criminal. He’s a terrific defender, can shoot it lights out, and doesn’t turn it over that much. He represents the embodiment of the prototypical outside PG.

The most overrated player in sim is Cameron Ridley. He’s way overpaid, cost NC the Finals, and has way too much volume for him as a big. Not even sure if he’s a top 5 big, but he’s paid like the best one in the league. He clearly is not.

Gordon Hayward. He’s not worth his contract, he had issues even starting in Boston, and so far he’s looked bad in Charlotte. Not sure how he is in the locker room, but he’s way overpaid for what he is.

Panic!

1. Sabonis - Should be treated as a superstar but treated as a borderline all star. Top 10 player in the NBA.
2. Malique Trent - All NBA Defense + Good assist to TO ratio yet earning 18M. No one wanted him when I had him too.
3. DJ Burns - I do not like turnovers
4. Jamal Murray - Given a max contract. Has not averaged over 20ppg. Very inconsistent.

The Godfather

Ibaka I mean look what he is doing for LAC
Gibbs the man was under used..let him fly and look at those numbers
Riley 100% overlayed
Paul George.. He ain't all that at least no more

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
LaMarcus Aldridge, he doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves. He's been consistent for so long now. Out of active players in the NBA right now, he is 6th in win shares. That puts him above guys like Melo, Lowry and Iggy who have been in the league just as long or longer.

Chris Clarke on the Nuggets, this guy has turned into a top player in the league out of nowhere. The Nuggets nabbed him at 14th seven seasons ago, and he just kept getting better and better. He needs to get out of Denver though, because he's not winning anything there anytime soon.

I'm going to go with Bob Pettit, because he's viewed as one of the best players in the league, and has a ton of individual awards, but has no rings to show for it. I don't think he can be the centerpiece on a championship team. This year might be his best shot for a ring, with the Wizards not making him be the first or even the second scoring option.

It's Luka, he is talked about this he's already an All-Time great, it's nauseating. He's not a good defender, he's not a good shooter, he turns the ball over too much and he's fat now.

notail

Bam Adebayo. I think he is the best piece that Heat has in terms of prospect and currently one of the crucial starters

Devonte Graham. an all around PG with great %s

Bibbs. he's currently scoring a lot for a team without any other scorers

Devon Booker. I just don't think he's the future star. he turns the ball over, not that great of a 3-pt shooter. think his stats are misleading cuz he's on the suns

Catdude

1. Serge Ibaka. Last season he killed it when he had to start for Gasol and now on the clipps he's making a quiet but huge impact.
2. Shaq Johnson - Yeah i'm gonna plug my own guy but I don't think he's talked about enough. His numbers aren't super flashy but he does everything well. He can score, board, pass, defend, and shoot. Yet when I shopped him around a season or two ago I was getting meh offers.
3. Wes Unseld - Cloud has hyped him from day 1 and I've always been meh on him. Not a big scorer, doesn't block shots, his FT% is meh and he turns it over too much.
4. Aaron Gordon - Dude is super athletic and a great dunker, but for how popular he is he still doensn't make a big enough impact.

AiRuPtHeRe™

Did you know that Jaylen Brown is averaging 28 on 57% shooting? His defense has been tremendous and his passing is vastly improved. I don't think people realize how good he's been so far. Think he'll be even better all around once Kemba returns.

Cat Barber - When I had him he was awesome. I shopped him around and no one wanted him whatsoever. I asked Greeme, he's perfect for you. His reply was - he can't even score 20 PPG. He was never featured and always played in an inside offense. This season, he's both top 10 in scoring and passing.

Wes Unsled. I was never a fan of him coming into the league. He's a double double guy who doesn't block shots and apparently turns it over too much now (3 TOPG as a non option?) I think Cloud could get tremendous value if he moved him for a point guard. Marko on the other hand has turned out really good for them. For his contract, I don't like the production.

Rudy Gobert. I still can't believe he got the contract that he got. Don't think he's worth it in the long run. He's great for defense and easy putbacks, but never going to be that consistent offensive threat that Mitchell needs next to him.

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
Underrated nba- Jaylen Brown will be homer pick. He’s been crazy good this season and has such obvious talent.

Underrated sim- Malique Trent is not super efficient with his shot but is a very good all around player and excellent on defense

overrated nba - I’ll die on the Devin booker being overrated hill. Although he’s def swayed me a bit I still think he’s not as good as people want him to be.

Overrated sim - Eric Flor has always produced nice numbers but has played with some of the best running mates for stars you could give him over the years and has only 1 ship

hokeyrules

Kyle Lowry - Always overlooked day in and day out

Juswan Staten - One of the best PGS but no one has ever wanted him

Calvin Ridley - Always traded for a lot but never really did anything

Paul George - Always acts like he is the best and the Clippers did nothing with him and Kawhi

Greeme

1. kyrie - he has been maligned these past few years but has looked great so far in nj
2. Malique Trent - i'm a big fan. he needs some help shooting wise but he is elite on D.
3. Calvin Ridley - paid like a superstar, plays like a decent starter
4. Aaron Gordon - kinda like an fbb guy who looks great ratingwise but meh.

NCツ

1. Terry Rozier - written off in Charlotte after last year, looking to have a career year next to Melo

2. Ryan Jones - His 27 ppg at SG is mad impressive, if the Wizards are gonna win the east this year it will be in large part due to RyJo. Great volume, great defender, C rebounder a perfect Shooting Guard imo

3. Artis Gilmore - He's been washed for years and overrated before that. He's been considered the best spec, the best asset, and the most dominate player in the league yet only has 2 rings.

4. Kyrie - kemba has always been better, take away Kyries finals shot and his body of work is really nothing. A+ Diva, B+ basketball player, gets hyped up like he's an A tier player

Cloud

Staff member
Jaylen Brown, took a huge leap, can actually shoot off the dribble now, could probably be an elite scorer if Stevens wasn’t a horrible coach holding him back and actually drew more up for him. Today he took like 2 shots in the second half after being on fire. Stevens is awful. Super overrated.

Marko Arapovic. Would be a huge star if I played him more. Blocks a ton of shots, score really well. Always re-signs cheap. He’s really good.

Shaq Johnson. Catdude has hyped him for years and I’ve never been big on him. Never won shit. Not that special. Catdude is also a stupid fuck though, so maybe more his fault.

Devin Booker. People jerk him off more than anybody when he’s comparably Zach Lavine, but LaVine gets hated on and Booker gets every excuse made in the book for his downfalls.

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
1. Tim Hardaway Jr - he was a salary dump in the KP trade and is now a legit 3/D guy and possibly the 3rd most important player to the Mavs.

2. Qian Wu - Shameless plug but he’s never got a ton of hype despite being a consistent 20/5/5 guy with really nice percentages, lots of steals, and lockdown perimeter D.

3. Cameron Ridley - Feels wack to pile on but he super underperforms his ratings and has lots of TOs. When I traded him for peanuts to try to tank I think I got better.

4. Paul George - it’s arguable how people rate him now after his enormous playoff choke, but I feel like he has to be in this discussion after the outrageous number of picks traded for him and the fact that he can’t buy a basket in the playoffs.

cavsfan817

Staff member

Collin Sexton. Terrible first half to his rookie season and because he was statistically the worst player in the league and the Cavs were dogshit people (rightly so) stopped watching and just left the label on him. He turned into an actual legitimate scoring threat last season and he’s top 10 in the league so far this year in scoring. He’s not a point guard, he’s a combo guard. He is extremely efficient and has gotten to the not-terrible level of defense. Blind stats-comparison wise he’s been better than Donovan Mitchell both this season and last.

Chris Clarke. Wanted him since draft day. Great player on both ends of the floor. He’s been a great defender from the jump, but has really taken a leap with his scoring. I’m so happy I was finally able to snag him.

Wes Unseld is a good answer here. He’s a very good player, but I think he was hyped up to be much more elite. His turnovers are a legitimate concern, and as Air pointed out previously, I think cloud could flip him for a lot of value and something that probably fits better. Elite rebounding is extremely important, but I don’t think he’s providing enough in all phases of the game.

This isn’t a superstar pick, but Kelly Oubre. I liked him, but NBA Twitter was slobbering over him last season and he’s been fucking ASS so far this year. He’s a solid microwave type of guy, but you can’t realistically expect much more from him, at least at this point in his career.

BradS4President

Magicians

Malcolm Brogdon. Leading Pacers in PPG and assists and is turning it over just 1.7 times per game
Also a tremendous defender.

Also shooting .518/.447/.838

Cat Barber. 20/10 guy with low turnovers. Never made an all star game and just one third place all league finish.
Stud

Cameron Ridley - not a great rim protector and struggles to shoot free throws and turns it over.
Yet he still gets paid a lot

Gordon Hayward. Got his money from Charlotte he had no business getting. He has never been