Sim 2 (S26)

Swope

Staff member
For $3M, name your 3 most beneficial moves (trades, FA signings, draft pick) of this iteration.

Xxplayerxx23

Trading For Steph curry.
trading for Tmac
Signing Dwight Howard
Steph and Dwight along with Angelo has made us serious Contenders. Hopefully I don’t get fucked this year lol. Tmac won me 2 ships

Catdude

Drafting Maxey
Drafting Coby White
Trading Papagiannis to Denver. That pick is far away and will come in handy i'm sure.

Hooper

Julius Randle, WCS, Jusuf Nurkic, 2 Hornets picks, 1 Sonics pick for Jayson Tatum. Still think this would have worked out better for Jason if he stuck to his original plan when he made the move (keep Randle long term, hold out on Ty's picks and see where they land in lotto). Regardless, this laid the groundwork for our team now.

Joel Embiid for Jamal Murray, 2 Jazz picks, 1 Jazz swap, 2 other picks I forget. Looking at it in a vacuum I'm probably holding an L, but the picks I got from this deal got me Kyrie

Jayson Tatum, 5 first round draft picks for Kyrie Irving. Self explanatory. I got Kyrie. It cost me a lot and Tatum is a superstar now, but we've been on a nice run since we made this deal. Won 69 and 68 games back to back. Honorary champs 2018-2019

CLB3

1. Drafting Kyrie #2 overall. One of the best players in the league, was a pretty obvious pick at the time still, but the best player I've picked.

2. Drafting RJ #5 overall. Getting someone who has top5 player in the league potential at #5 is huge. There has been obvious luck with his TC's, but this pick may have been the most important for this new squad.

3. Trading 6 future picks, but no players, for 25 y/o Jokic. Didn't have to give up any of my players and added a young star big man to go along with my 3 or 4 young studs.

Honorable Mention: Herro at pick 3 over Garland

Swope

Staff member
1) Finally dealing Dwight Howard.
- I held on to him nearly too long but was able to cash in for Paul George and a bunch of picks. This trade tree would lead me into the assets to acquire Anthony Davis down the line and return my 2019 Rockets 1st round pick…

2) Lotto jump and drafting Anthony Edwards
- This all comes from the way things worked out down the line from the move above and a huge bundle of luck. That said, Ant is already one of the top assets in the league and his development laid the groundwork for us to flip the switch to becoming a contender.

3) Adding Kemba Walker
- Arguably the best player of this iteration, adding Kemba was a big time move. Things fell into place considering scandal and change of ownership, but like they say, sometimes it’s better to be lucky that good. Walker gives our team the best chance it’s ever had in winning a championship this iteration.

HM) Taking on Andray Blatche
- Taking advantage of the Knicks hard cap situation, we were able to add many assets without giving up any outside of cap space. Blatche may have hurt our tank efforts in his first season here but a draft class that lacked in high end prospects and chance to trade for AD made this turn out just fine.

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
1. Drafting Fox. TC definitely helped me out here, but he’s probably the best player I’ve ever drafted and my PG for probably the next 10 years. Skies the limit for him if he continues to improve.

2. Trading for Booker/Jabari in the off-season. Booker is on one of the best contracts in the league, so getting him for just picks was very nice, even if it was a lot of futures (6). And I was able to pick up Jabari relatively cheap after g9 cleaned house, and he’s a nice scoring and defensive presence.

3. Trading down from 4 to 10 and drafting Telfair. In the Telfair/Millsap draft, I traded down to 10, picked up 3 futures, and drafted the best player in Telfair at 10. This was the key move that helped me build my last contender.

SoftLettuce

1. Drafting KAT. Pretty self explanatory. Top 3 player in the league.
2. Trading for CP3. Got a good deal for him imo. Could've kept the hornets picks but I wanted to flip the switch to winning. Haven't made a conference yet which is pain, but beating the bucks as an 8 seed was fun.
3. Drafting Donte Thomas. I've probably had more beneficial moves and transactions, but I like this one because he was a late first round pick, who has become a real solid player at PF.

HM: In the inverse, trading away Jayson Tatum. This is a huge L for me still. Built a good team who can win the title this season, but man oh man how good would the Tatum and KAT duo be. Sadness.

Hooper

1. Drafting KAT. Pretty self explanatory. Top 3 player in the league.
2. Trading for CP3. Got a good deal for him imo. Could've kept the hornets picks but I wanted to flip the switch to winning. Haven't made a conference yet which is pain, but beating the bucks as an 8 seed was fun.
3. Drafting Donte Thomas. I've probably had more beneficial moves and transactions, but I like this one because he was a late first round pick, who has become a real solid player at PF.

HM: In the inverse, trading away Jayson Tatum. This is a huge L for me still. Built a good team who can win the title this season, but man oh man how good would the Tatum and KAT duo be. Sadness.
you need to move on brother

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
1. Trading for zbo - goat big of the league, don’t care about anyones opinion on it

2. trading for Dwight. Short lived but putting Dwight next to ad brought us a ship. Was an awesome post combo.

3. Drafting ad over kyrie. Only one has a ring just in case you weren’t sure.

Username

the best
meh.

trading a mere late first for Damon Stoudemire was dope because he developed into a good pg for the beginning of the file
drafting tmac first overall was dope.
drafting kawhi first overall was dope

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
1. Trading the 2006 Mavericks 1st for Delonte West. The rest is history. That picked did end up being a lottery pick, and the Pistons selected Yannis Bourousis with that pick. Bourousis was a decent big but that was about it.
2. Trading Kevin Durant for Marcus Smart. One could argue Durant has had more success than Smart in this time frame. But Marcus Smart defines grit. And that's what I want in a player.
3. Trading an aging Yao Ming to the Spurs for Andray Blatche +, this extended our window quite a bit. The season immediately after the move we had less wins but a better point differential.

notail

For $3M, name your 3 most beneficial moves (trades, FA signings, draft pick) of this iteration.

Drafting Devin Harris - led us to be a contender most of the Nets' success
trading for Josh Harrelson and Al Horford for Tyrese who ended up not panning out. one of the best true PF out there in the league
Drafting Pau Gasol - one of the OG Nets who became a defensive stalwart

Cloud

Staff member
Trade Grant Hill for Eddie Jones +++ which helped us secure a title as we cashed a cancer in for a guy I believed in when nobody else did and he blossomed into a legit 2 way star

Stealing Baron Davis in FA from Toronto where Baron went in to become a finals MVP and one of the most decorated defensive guards who also won a regular season MVP and made many ASG’s as well

Selling high on 34 year old Shaq and Eddie for young 90+ pot Carmelo which then gave me the assets to cash in on a million picks who I later flipped for LeBron, who gave me some great years but ultimately allowed me to flip as he was dying for Jonas V and Doug McD and a 1st which then became George Hill and Marc Gasol. That string of moves was master class