Sim 2 (S25)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukaSZN

For 4M, in no fewer than 40 words, tell me who is winning out of Boston and Toronto, in how many games, and why.

Bonus 2M if you get the winner and amount of games correctly.

BeatsHaveADream

Indiana Pacers GM
Boston will win in 6 games because they match up better with the raptors than most teams do. They are deep enough to put work on their 2nd unit and their defense will show to be the stopping point. Bippity flippity doo

NCツ

I believe the Boston Celtics, located in Boston, Massachusetts, coached by former Butler Bulldog head coach Brad Stevens will win the playoff series against the Toronto Raptors in six games because of the talented roster general manager Danny Ainge put together.

FortsonBass

Boston will win in 5 games because they are better than the Raptors at three key positions. I like Tatum, Kemba, and Brown over Siakam, Lowry, and whoever Toronto throws out there at SG or SF. Boston isn’t as well coached as Toronto, but their star power makes them an easy favorite. I love Toronto and their depth but they do not have the star power to win.

Catdude

The Celtics will win in six games because they are just a better overall team. The Celtics know how to get it done in the postseason and the Raptors don't. The only reason the Raps went all the way last year is because of Kawhi Leonard, who is now a Clipper. Lowry is the master of choking and while I do like Siakam, he is not ready to lead that team to the finals.

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
I would take the Celtics in six games over the Raptors. I think depth is really important in the bubble, and the Celtics are stacked in that department between Tatum, Kemba, Brown, and Smart. The Raptors pretty much go two deep with Lowry and Siakam. I just don't see them being able to hang with the Celtics in a 7 game series. If Kawhi had never left, the Raptors would be title favorites though.

Foreman

I am going to take the Toronto Raptors to win in 7 games. I believe that even with less depth, they have the experience and better leadership to make the run to the finals again. Boston will definitely put up a fight though which is why I have it going to 7.

Cloud

Staff member
Raptors in 7. Think Nurse coaches circles around Stevens and I don’t think Boston has the frontcourt to hang with Toronto. Raptors have the best player in the series (Siakam) and OG is gonna be a real X factor in helping disrupt Tatum / Brown.

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
Celtics in 6. I think the raptors are the better coached team but Stevens is no slouch and is capable of making adjustments. That will be a chess match that I don’t think is enough to decide the series. I think overall the Celtics high end talent beats the raptors top guys. The biggest X factor in the series is the Celtics center position. Theis is one of the more underrated players in the league and if he/kanter/rob will can be sturdy enough they will win on the perimeter talent.

Curry

Administrator
Administrator
Boston in 5. I actually really don't like the Raptors much at all. I think their defense is really good but also a bit gimmicky and can be exposed. Best players on the court in my opinion are Tatum and Kemba. Size is what beats the Celtics and Raptors don't have much of that it's gonna take a hell of a series from Siakam who may be able to do that but Stevens is gonna focus on him in a way he's never dealt with before.

BradS4President

Magicians
Celtics in 6. Jayson Tatum and Jyalen Brown are both playing great basketball in the bubble. Tatum is starting to take that next step of being a player that can take over games. The big question is can the Celtics get a little production from the bench and whether the absence of Gordon Hayward is going to be a problem for the Celtics offense.

Eberlicious

Raps in 5. Boston is good but raps are just better and deeper.
Lowry > Kemba
FVV > Smart
OG < Brown
Siakam > Tatum
Gasol / Ibaka >>> any celtic big.

5 is aggressive but raps are going to win that series

the_jon

The Raptors win in 6 because I'm a gigantic homer and like to pick my own team to win games and the Raptors are kind of good so I can use that to somewhat justify my own homerism. Also Steven's is a bum.

Greeme

Boston will win in 5 games because they will outscore the Raptors in four out of the five games. It is a little known fact but at the end of the day it doesn't matter who had more blks, assists etc and the only thing that matters is scoring more points. revolutionary but simple.

dwightcoward

Raptors in 6. Kinda shocked that so many people picks Boston actually. I'm very impressed by how the Raptors look like this season. Their team effort is by far the best in the league. Their defense is great. They have depth. Lowry will drive Kemba nuts and OG/Ibaka will limit Tatum. The Celtics have no way to match the rest of the Raptors roster.

MitchellB11

The Raptors take it in 6 games. They have the most underrated backcourt in the league, and although Smart can D up one, Kemba can not contain the other. With Hayward out, the Celtics depth is shot and won’t be able to take the series. Tatum will still get his though.

The Godfather

Boston Celtics will win in 6. Jason Tatum will be #woke and carry the team with support from Jaylen Brown .. It will be like Magic and Wotthy. Celtics are coming together and Raptors will get out hustled, out played and out coached .

hokeyrules

First off anyone saying that Boston is going to win because they know how to win in the playoffs, and the raptors do not is blowing smoke out their ass. Second of all, the Raptors will win because they have a drive to win for the second time in two years, and even without Kawhi and not having any large star who is young, they play as a team and play very good defense. I pick the Raptors in 5 games.

monta8curry

If Hayward were healthy, I would've taken Celtics in 6. But now i'm kinda leaning Raptors in 7 because they have the deepest team and have basically no holes. The only weakness they have is no go-to scorer late in crunch time, who can create a shot with ease, but it might not matter. As much as I dislike Lowry, he'll probably become the closer and he proved himself in last year's finals that he's gotten over the hump mentally. Raptors defense is elite, and although they got smoked in their last matchup, I think Nurse will make the right adjustments, and they have one less scorer to worry about in Hayward.

AiRuPtHeRe™

The Boston Celtics will win in 6 games because we are simply the better team. Kemba looks to finally be healthy and should be good against FVV. Jaylen Brown and Tatum should be in their bag. Hopefully Gordon Hayward gets back healthy. I’m not too worried about the raptors bigs as they are no Embiid. we will see how raptors can close games out against the Cs in crunch time. No Kawhi so who steps up?

Status
Not open for further replies.