Sim 2 S&U

LukaSZN

For 3M, answer the following:

1) After three and a bit years of struggle in San Antonio, Zion Williamson may be on the move, if you were the Spurs, which team would have the pieces that tempt you most in dealing the chunky chimera?

2) Real life over/unders, using the "PointsBet" column, give me your Gold, Silver, Bronze bets. (Top three over/unders you are most confident on.)

The Godfather

1) Probably the Postons or Magic.. But I doubt they move them for Zion. At the end of the day ibthink Daulten is going to get a lot of picks but not the elite spec back that i would demand for Zion

2) LAC over 51.5
Bucks Over 55.5
Pelicans Over 33

Last edited:

LukaSZN

Have to say over or under on the teams, based on the totals given on the website..

1) Probably the Postons or Magic.. But I doubt they move them for Zion. At the end of the day ibthink Daulten is going to get a lot of picks but not the elite spec back that i would demand for Zion

2) LAC... 76ers and Bucks

LukaSZN

Kk for example:

1) Zion, is really damn good and trading him for a bevy of picks would be bad. I’d go talk to Detroit about Maxey, Nets about PBJ+, and maybe the suns about Wiseman and their new PG

2)
Wizards 27.5: UNDER
Pelicans 39.5: UNDER
Nuggets 51.5: OVER

G9.

Pistons GM

1) After three and a bit years of struggle in San Antonio, Zion Williamson may be on the move, if you were the Spurs, which team would have the pieces that tempt you most in dealing the chunky chimera?

If I’m the Spurs, no team has the pieces to tempt me on moving Zion. Of course, there are a handful of teams that have the necessary value to send Daultens way, but they won’t do it. The market for a shot blocking big man was recently set at 3 1sts (Goga Bistadze, Mitchell Robinson) and the market for more well rounded young big man was set at 3 1sts + 1 spec + 2 role players (JJJ). If JJJ, Mitch, and Goga are moving for 3 firsts minimum, someone better get the wheelbarrow out and send 5 picks + 1-2 good prospects/players for Zion. But, a good prospect. Like PBJ caliber. Nobody will do it though. Daulten will get a handful of offers of 3 firsts and GMs will tout them as “potential lottos” and either he’ll keep Zion or ship him for less than he’s worth.

2) Real life over/unders, using the "PointsBet" column, give me your Gold, Silver, Bronze bets. (Top three over/unders you are most confident on.)
Bucks OVER 55.5
Jazz OVER 53.5
Suns UNDER 28.5

Cheddar

There are quite a few teams that have some stud young guys I think would be worth dealing him for, but that would all depend on who would be available. In a realistic sense, I would keep an eye on the Nets. They just drafted Patty Baldwin #1 who looks solid, they also have a few other solid young guys like Springer, etc. If Scott were looking to make the leap in the next season or so, that could be a potential opportunity.

Gold: Nuggets 51.5 OVER - I think this team will continue it's winning ways. Denver is a tough place for opponents to win, so that should give them a nice boost.
Silver: Pelicans 39.5 UNDER - I think the team will be in the lower 30s win totals.
Bronze: Hornets 23.5 UNDER - This team is big trash, I think they struggle to win 20.

the_jon

If I'm the Spurs I'm trying to get a top prospect + picks. That being said I'm not sure which team would both have the resources and be willing to move them for Zion, who doesnt really have a true position and is kind of weird. I would say my own team the Warriors would be up there. No top prospect to move but we have the Spurs pick which will probably convey in 2024 after they've dealt Zion. That alone I think would be intriguing + I have other good picks and prospects that could potentially move. Unfortunately I dont see it happening because I'm not actually as high on Zion as others appear to be. The other more realistic destination could be the Nets. Scott has the picks and prospect capital to move, it's just a question of if hes ready to pull the trigger.

1) Pacers 46.5 OVER
2) Bulls 30.5 OVER
3) Bucks 55.5 UNDER

AiRuPtHeRe™

Well, the Suns have spoke with Daulten in regards to Zion Williamson. The Suns have a plethora of young talent along with a spicy OKC Thunder 2024 lottery projected pick to offer. He will probably just move Zion for his future pick in return so he can continue to tank in peace.

1. Celtics 48.5 OVER - Last year was a wreck and they still won 49 games. I think they'll be much better than last season.
2. Pelicans 39.5 UNDER - Think they'll struggle in some games and go on some streaks. But I don't think they are a playoff team just yet.
3. Magic 40.5 OVER - Probably overachieved last season. They'll regressed by a few games and or be deadline sellers.

Eberlicious

1. Gonna sound dumb but the Nets. They had youth and quality picks to send his way. I also think Indiana could of made a serious move

2. Gold - Hawks over 32.5. They are going to be a fringe playoff team this year.
Silver - Nets Unders 47.5 Kyrie doesnt make them that much better
Bronze- Raptors over 45.5, this is kinda dependent if they blow it up or not.

notail

I'd say Suns given they have plethora of nice specs that can be packaged for a more complete spec in Zion. Nets were another option given the sheer amounts of picks but I'd like a spec who had a good TC and looks promising over any picks even if they're suspected lotto.

1. Celtics 48.5 OVER - Last year was a wreck and they still won 49 games. I think they'll be much better than last season. I like Kemba a lot more than Kyrie tbh as a team player
2. Nets Unders 47.5 Kyrie doesnt make them that much better. It's only Kyrie added to the team and imo I don't know how much better they are with Kyrie instead of Dlo.
3. Pelicans Over 33. I'm a fan of Lonzo ball and zion + jaxon will be super fun to play alongside Lonzo. Then you have Ingram to add icing to the cake.

hokeyrules

1. Zion should be traded to Jon. Get a bunch of Hennys picks that may end up being good and Jon gets a good player and people off his back.

2. Gold - Hawks over 32.5.
Silver - Nets Unders 47.5 Nets still suck
Bronze- Raptors under 45.5 they blow it up

Greeme

Gonna have to go with 20-20 hindsight and say the nets. Got a mix of youth/picks that will be hard to match. I thought he might be tempted to get his pick back and that Jon had the advantage but it seems that he went another way

Gold: Hornets 23.5 under
Silver: Hawks 32.5 under
Bronze: - Celtics 48.5 over

Cloud

Staff member
1. I honestly don’t see the merit in trading Zion for the Spurs unless he’s bending the other team over and robbing them blind. He’s one of the most valuable pieces in the league, he hasn’t even hit his prime yet, can play multiple positions as a 2-way superstar and is doing things on the defensive end I’ve never seen before. The likelihood that any of the pieces you get back in a package for Zion being even close to as valuable are low. Don’t trade him unless it’s a grand slam deal.

2. Knicks - 28.5 .... I’m HAMMERING the under. That team is a fucking dumpster fire.

Grizzlies - 26.5 .... I’m a big fan of what that team is assembling and they’ve got plenty of veterans to help support 2 budding stars in Ja and JJJ. This teams gonna be scrappy. Over forsure.

Cavs - 24.5 .... I think this team fucking sucks really badly. Give me the under.

Panic!

1. Probably the Pistons. Sources say Panic is interested.
2. Bronze - Sixers under 54.5 - the team has no spacing. Won't win 50.
Silver - Clippers over 51.5 - obvious answer. Team will win 60.
Gold - Thunder under 46.5 - a Chris Paul-led team won't win 35 games.

dwightcoward

1. Don't trade Zion unless you're overwhelmed by an offer. Spurs obviously need their picks back and other picks as well. Don't trade for specs when you want to trade you end up too good.

Gold = Warriors over 47.5 : are you kidding me???
Silver = Nets under 47.5 : no KD no 50 wins
Bronze = Hawks over 32.5 : this team is playoffablish

Scott

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nets 🤷🏻‍♂️ But in all honesty I knew we had a great shot. Feel like I’ve done a great job this rebuild stocking up on prospects. I’ve always struggled though with getting that one superstar for my team and Zion gives me that. Daulten pushed hard for PBJ but I wouldn’t budge considering the fact that him and Zion can give me a dynamic duo for the next 10+ years. Spurs lacked assets besides Zion so I think he did a good job at replenishing them.

Gold: Warriors 47.5 - Under
Silver: Nuggets 51.5 - Over
Bronze: Pelicans 39.5 - Over

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM

I would’ve personally kept him, but I don’t think he did too terribly. Problem is if he doesn’t draft well, the trade will be bad.

Bronze - Spurs under 45.5. They still have some good players but nothing that is exciting, and the west is loaded as much as it ever has been.
Silver - Hawks over 32.5. This team has a good young core and should be pretty hungry.
Gold - Grizzlies over 26.5. Similar to the Hawks, but these guys also have some veteran leadership to be decent.

mngopher35

1. I think Nets were a pretty good fit and it wasn't too bad of a deal but the picks have to matter/end up as something. I think he could have tried keeping him as well though and probably would have personally. It is tough to get a star like that.

Gold - Warriors 47.5 OVER
Silver - Pelicans 39.5 UNDER
Bronze - Timberwolves 34.5 OVER

Kings

Ty
1) I think Spurs got a decent package but will possibly regret moving on from Zion. If I were to move him I'd consider sending him to the Suns for Ayton + Harmon, or for a stud like Giannis/AD/Embiid/KAT.

2)
Kings 37.5 Over
Grizzlies 26.5 Over
Pelicans 39.5 Under

NCツ

I think the Nets had the right pieces and the Spurs got a good deal, but they 100% should have committed on holding out in a deal until PBJ was included.

Hornets 23.5 UNDER
Pelicans 39.5 UNDER
Hawks 32.5 OVER