Sim 2 S&U

Eberlicious

For 3M,

After 2 Sims, which team is underperforming the most, and which team is overperforming the most.

Cloud

Staff member
Brooklyn is underperforming the most... team is super talented, should not be treading water at .500 a third of the season through the schedule.

Cleveland feels like an over achiever to me, would expect them to come back to earth a bit. They don’t shoot well yet they’re winning a lot of games. Played a lot of home games which is propping them up a bit and strength of schedule has been favorable.

Eberlicious

I want to be different but the Nets should not be last in the division, even with Zion missing time that is wild.

This will sound a little weird but Houston is the biggest over achiever. Yes they should be one of the top teams. but only 2 losses is absolutely crazy.

BradS4President

Magicians
Oklahoma City outside of Brooklyn. Feel like the defending champs have the talent to be top two in the conference but seem to haven't found it of yet. Orlando is another team that is under-performing in my mind. Lacking defense up front but should be higher in the Eastern Conference Standings.

Biggest overachiever in my mind are the Blazers. They are a bottom five defense and unless Hardy keeps this up, they should drop down the standings some.

The Godfather

Nets for sure.. +2 point differential yet last in their Division.. Seems like the team doesn't have enough power in their bench.

Cleveland maybe not typical Overachievers because Hokey has the greatest collection of "organic homegrown talent" in league history. Dude was patient to let his youth develop gambled on some high pot dudes..traded away the ones that didn't pan out and now has a tremendous Big and an MVP candidate in Williams sorrounded by youthful studs and is sitting in a great position

dwightcoward

Nets are not underachieving, they just missed Zion for the whole two sims. I don't really see an underachieving team but maybe we expect more of Thunder as the defending champions.

Hawks are my pick for overachievers, I like Clarke and Barnes but they are roleplayers for now and the rest is very meh.

AiRuPtHeRe™

I'm gonna go with the Charlotte Hornets. Last year they were a playoff team despite battling HC. They made a bunch of moves to try to better their team and just haven't found the right group of players. Nets are another team as well. I understand Zion hasn't played a whole lot, but they have guys like Suggs/Ingram/Baldwin who should be able to shoulder the load.

Overachieving would be the Timberwolves. No one would I think they'd be over .500 at this point. Stealing Matur Maker has looked good for them thus far.

hokeyrules

Underachieving, I am going to go with the Clippers. They will definitely rack up the wins, the teams stats are very good, but their record is not nearly there. As time progresses I see them going to the top of the division.

Overachieving, the Trailblazers. Jaden Hardy is over performing, and the teams stats for points for vs against are so close, they will come back to earth and likely end the season below .500.

panda

Buy a ticket, take the ride
Nets looks like the most underachieving to me they have a lot of good players to be so mediocre. They will probably bounce back to around 550+

I think the Blazers are also overachieving a bit. They are giving up right around what they score per game and that's never a recipe for success, especially when that amount is over 100 points a game and you don't have an elite elite offense.

Nate

Staff member
Let's see. I'll go Brooklyn Nets. There roster is too good to be 2 games under .500 and currently out of the playoffs.

Overachievers are the Blazers. I don't think I have to explain any further. They're over .500, which won't last, but at this point, they're definitely overachieving.

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
Underachievers are probably the Nets and Thunder. Both teams should be competing for the top of their conferences and have not been very good yet. Thunder especially are weird with having a really good pointy differential but not resulting in the record you’d think.

Overachievers have got to be the Cavs. I do like some of their pieces but not sure they are ready to be competing yet.

Catdude

For underperforming it has to be us (thunder). I honestly think this squad is better than last years squad which won a ring. Don't understand how we are starting out 19-14. What's even weirder is that our point differential is pretty nice. We are just losing a lot of close games. My second choice would be the Magic. They aren't even in the playoff race despite having a positive point diff and Cole Anthony.

For overperforming, I guess I'll go with the Cavs. I think they're going to drop in the standings as the sims continue to move on. They just don't look all that great on paper, especially not good enough to be the 3rd seed in the east.

Greeme

Underachievers - Thunder. solid point differential but don't have the record they should have and they have played a ton of home games.

Overachievers - Cavs. some solid guys but they should be a borderline playoff team, no more

Mooseknuckle

Def feel like rockets will come back to life. Over achieving but still looking solid AF.

hornets we need to find a way to use this depth properly.

notail

I'd say Cavs are over achieving atm. They have a really good record, but that team is still 1 or 2 year away from maintaining that record consistently.

Underperforming team has got to be the previous champ in Thunder. They still have the main core players but their records does not reflect the championship caliber team

Emac

The Rockets are probably overachieving since they only have two losses. Houston is really good but they will start dropping a few games.

I guess I would have expected the Thunder to be doing better so they’re my underachievers.