Sim 1 (S8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
For $3.0M, who was your most disappointing draft pick for your team and who was the most disappointing free agent signing for your team this iteration and why?

Panic!

1. Shawn Marion - He's now decent. Starter level player but I wish he blew up. Had many fribges but didnt pan out.
2. Jeff Foster - I havent had many disappointing FA signings.

Foreman

Worst Draft Pick: Probably Al Harrington at 9 in the 1999 draft. Don't see much else past him as far as good players go, but he doesn't seem to be panning out to what I hoped for him. I've surprisingly hit on many picks this league.

Worst FA Signing: Jamaal Tinsley easily. Mistake on my part by rushing through bids, but meant to just send it as a 2 year "try him out" type deal. Now have him at 4 years and max increases unless someone claims off waivers.

Username

the best
Most disappointing draft pick has to have been Brad Miller… mans never did shit w his life

Most disappointing signing was when MJ unretired and went to the nets

Xxplayerxx23

Disappointing draft pick - Allen iverson- I don’t have any real ones so far But I thought for sure he’d be a 30 point guy

Disappointing FA- I haven’t really signed to many, I’d say Nick Anderson one of my first guys but he wasn’t good. I’ll throw in Shawn kemp as a bad trade, he did help me play well but just wasn’t good enough as the 4th option because he shot way to much

mattfaria12

Draft -Ron Artest. thought he'd be much better than he is. he didn't get better outside but i thought he'd be better than that

FA - never really signed much FA since i been there but i thought Oberto would have been better

panda

Buy a ticket, take the ride
Wade easy, sky high potential and a solid starting build and he just fucked off instead.

haven’t really made many signings yet but Mitch last season died in tc and then played like shit before being benched so probably him.

Cloud

Staff member
I haven’t really had many draft picks since I’ve traded most to improve the roster in contention efforts but I guess by default it would be Rafer Alston at #26 overall in 1997… I instantly traded him to Philly though for Jerry Stackhouse but he didn’t make it past his rookie contract. Only other guys I’ve drafted are like Ramunas Siskauskas who currently starts for me and looks very solid for a C pot guy at #27 overall and Tony Battie who’s been a solid role player for a few teams and then like Brian Cardinal and Austin Croshere who are like end of roster stretch bigs. Not much to go off of here. Nothing great, nothing bad.

I don’t think I’ve really had any bad signings I’ve actually had some really good bargain snipes that have played valuable minutes as role played, so I guess I’ll say Tyus Edney which was a 2 year minimum and he went like -3 and hit C- defense so I dumped him to foreman as soon as I could. Again, just not much here that applies to Orlando

G9.

Pistons GM
Disappointing draft pick - Matt Barnes. He literally was only good at one thing and I expected him to get better at that. Instead he got worse, lol.

Disappointing signing - Have always been too close to hardcap since I started competing to really sign anyone that would disappoint me. The most disappointing thing to happen to me in FA is back to back years I lose a solid rotation big (15-20mpg) for like three times his market value. Then I have to struggle all off-season/early season trying to find a replacement.

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
1. Honestly I don’t have any truly regrettable ones my regrets lie mostly that my first round of tanking I dropped 3 spots in the lotto every time

2. I haven’t really been successful signing fas yet, I guess I’d say zo cuz I full vet maxed him and he regressed in tc right away but I still like him tho

hokeyrules

1) Shareef Abdur Rahim - Just a total bust. I had a few people say it was a great pick and then he never did anything at all.
2) Antoine Walker - Did not really help me win, however, currently helping me keep a good pick away from Daulten. So redemption points for him.

mngopher35

Disappointing draft pick - Matt Barnes. He literally was only good at one thing and I expected him to get better at that. Instead he got worse, lol.

Disappointing signing - Have always been too close to hardcap since I started competing to really sign anyone that would disappoint me. The most disappointing thing to happen to me in FA is back to back years I lose a solid rotation big (15-20mpg) for like three times his market value. Then I have to struggle all off-season/early season trying to find a replacement.
Do we have moderators? This is a personal attack.

My FA disappointment was probably Battie as referenced above due to price and going -1 right away. The big issue is I haven't really gotten any of my targets in FA, even when I had cap and nice win rating it never overly helped me land anything big. I don't think Fortson was as bad though as an MLE in a weak big class, he apparently went -3 as well.

Draft is Starbury. I lost the tiebreaker to panic that season then dropped 2 spots, the top 4 were really good and then it was a drop so I took the best fit. On draft day I think I even noted I liked Rashard better due to potential. Starbury never improved offensively (still think he is +0 to his in/out scoring since entering league even today).

AiRuPtHeRe™

Disappointing Draft Pick - I'd say so far Mike Miller. Thought he'd be more of a 15 PPG guy for his but his offense hasn't developed much yet.
Disappointing Signing - Reggie Miller. Thought he'd be a perfect guy next to Spree/Gatling but his offense didn't really fit. Signed him to like a 4 year max at the time but thankfully was able to move him.

NCツ

1. Draft Pick: Carlos Jimenez. I haven't had many draft picks due to trading most of picks away to contend. I landed Jimenez late first round and he looked terrific after his first TC: B outside B+ defense C+ rebounding at SF. He looked like a guy I could start at SG/SF as a low cost 3 and D guy who would also not take shots away from my stars or turn the ball over. He then went -3 in those categories and was a fringe back up every year after his rookie campaign. he is currently a LOFA

2. Free Agent Signing: The signing that never happened is probably our biggest "disappointment." The off season we resigned Sprewell we had near max space to snag a star/quality player before he resigned. We got unlucky as Spree signed back with us before we landed any free agents. That led to us trading a pick in exchange for Ruben Patterson in order to fill out our rotation and he was a quality 5th starter, but it would have been nicer to have just signed him or someone else in FA instead of having to give up an asset for him. Would be nice if FA would have a tweak where a player returning waits for the soft cap to be used before he officially resigns with a team.

notail

1. Only draft pick that hasn't panned out is Mindaugas Zukauskus. He had a nice scoring and defensive rating at C+ A- and B+ but never has found volume. and looks like he has run out of potential at the age of 27

2. Gugliotta looks like he has fallen from a all-league player to a just a defensive stud now. He's barely scoring, although that has to do with the blossoming of Pau and Scola.

the_jon

Most disappointing draft pick was Tae-Young Moon. Thought he would be a lot better if he had some good tcs. Still could be a decent role player.

Most disappointing Free Agent signing I'm not sure on. Gary Trent? I really havent signed anyone of note so far.

monta8curry

1. Manu - had 100 pot two TCs in a row and never did much with it
2. Haven't signed a whole lot of players, but was disappointed David Robinson retired after one year here

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I haven't kept many top picks, so I can't really have too many disappointing ones at this points. I guess Rasual Butler at 13 turned out pretty bad. He boosted too but he just wasn't built to be great. Roderick Blakney went late in the first so we missed out on him 3 separate times in that draft.

Easily giving Rasheed Wallace a max was my worst move. It was mostly a meme, but he did have juice left, and proceeded to get worse. He should've been good but FBB did him really dirty in TCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.