Sim 1(S37)

Curry

Administrator
Administrator
For 3m:

Who's the most underrated and overrated GM in the new GM rankings?

Foreman

Overrated: Curry - Only 12 playoff appearances (2nd worst), has had a couple good teams but never made a finals run.
Underrated: Jason - He's made some bad moves, but has stayed decently competitive in the tougher East. Shouldn't be bumped up too much, but 27 is too low.

Also, I'm underrated but I didn't want to pick myself. I think Brad and I have had similar success in this iteration.

notail

CLB overrated not for the accomplishments he's had but the ranking based on most recent GM rankings. He's made good moves but also his dynasty was also from having Williams, Barrett, Herro and Tatum bloom with each TC. I'd personally place him around rank 5-6.

underrated I'll go for Brad because he has made moves to compete as he usually does and he's had good teams. he's just thought of as someone who middles often, but he looks like he has a legit team rn

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
Clb was overrated, though he is a really quality gm so I get it. I think if he goes through this tank and thrives again afterward he definitely could prove his ranking to be legit.

jason is underrated imo, I’ve mentioned this recently a few times and I get he’s not a great gm or anything but he came into the bloodbath east and has taken his lumps but also had some solid teams along the way. I think if he had joined in the west and made similar types of moves he’d be regarded as average or something.

Hooper

Ty is the most overrated. Nicest guy in the league but he had a hard time until recently, and the year he won a ring he also blew the team up. Ayton is the GOAT tho so I get it.

HM: NoTail, Cloud

Underrated: Truly Yours

HM: Scott, Panic

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
Overrated - CLB - But only by a couple spots. He's been very successful, but he needs to prove it again with another run before being in the top 3 imo. I'd have him somewhere in the 5-9 range

Underrated: Jason - He's made some major blunders, but he's also made good trades and draft picks, and has built decent teams that just weren't good enough to compete with the best of the East. I think he's better than a few of the West GMs above him

BradS4President

Magicians
Overrated: CLB. Think some of the other GMA being below him could be higher. Although CLB may be able to build another top tier team ti cement his place in the top 5-6

Underrated: Hank. He has done a good job with the Nuggets. Does have the most wins all time in the west this go-around and 4th in the league. Probably should be top 10

Swope

Staff member
Not too concerned with anyone in the bottom third being overrated or underrated because I think they’re all pretty interchangeable 21-30.

Clear underrated guys are Gopher and Donkey but understand why they are there given recency bias.

enough people have said CLB too high so I won’t beat that drum…

Ill go with Ty being a couple spots too high. Recency bias boosted him a few spots imo. He’s done great of late but dealing Cade right after (technically before) winning a ring with him for a high priced center in Ayton was puzzling to me

and I’ll go with Yrtb being a couple spots too low. He always has a vision and makes the necessary moves when he sees the value. For example, he made the Fox for Kemba deal to go win a few rings when others would stand pat and wait for the young guy and miss the window.

All in all, I understand where most guys ended up and why given the current state of the league

brooks

Thunder
Underrated - I’m honestly having a hard time identifying anyone who was truly underrated. You gotta view it in tiers, and most people fell into the correct tier. YRTB would likely be the best pick here, I think. Has had a good mix of good and bad luck, but does a nice job in the construction element.

overrated - Ty & CLB. Ty is great, but I constantly see him putting his team in a negative position by making some weird trade lol. I’ve shared my thoughts on CLb many times in the chat. Oh add gopher to this as well. This current strategy is so gd lazy lmao.

Last edited:

Xxplayerxx23

Overrated Jason anything over 27 is bad. And him being on underrated lists make him the answer

underrated I’ll go brad. He’s actually been solid made some solid move his picks aren’t good this time around

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Overrated by far is Gopher, his run came because he got both Kobe and Pierce. He's a perennial tanker and worse, a complainer.

Underrated is Scott, rated way too low and has consistently put out good teams this iteration.

Cloud

Staff member
Over: CLB, he’s been really good but also had everything break his way, don’t see him as top 3 at this juncture

Under: Scott

AiRuPtHeRe™

Underrated - Notail. I think I’d have him at 4. Builds quality teams very lowkey.

Overrated - Donkey … a few Gms behind him have been better. He hasn’t really build any good teams in a long time and makes some baffling trades.