Sim 1 S24

Hooper

Gotta be Kyrie. As much as I loved my dog Vaty, Turner, and some other guys, the acquisition of Kyrie was the end of a 3-4 trade run that saw us add a bunch of picks and consolidate them - and Kyrie was the crown jewel of a 3-4 year full rebuild.

Even if I had to pick a favorite player in the FBB sense, Kyrie would still be my favorite. I’ve always spoken about how I value scoring above all else and Kyrie is on pace to score more points than anyone in history. 12 ppg better than anyone else so far this season, the best inside scoring guard on the file, elite from 3, and better defense than his ratings might suggest - Ky is the GOAT and will go down as the best player in Bucks history. And I don’t really see any way anyone else could top it. Even Ayton

Username

the best
Lucio Redivo, Diamond Stone, Lucius Allen

Lucio was my first player to reach 100/100 shooting ratings and also very elite. Insane scorer and ball handler, def one of my favs

Diamond Stone hands down the best big man I’ve ever had on any file. Mans was a unit, comparable to Shaq this iteration but he was probably better than Shaq. Arguably one of the best bigs of any iteration as well.

Lucius was an MVP. He defied the odds when he was drafted as a PG with C- outside scoring. I believe he double boosted and had a bunch of good TCs to lead me to a ring at the end of an iteration.

Panic!

Avery Bradley

The very quick Avery Bradley in my first iteration here really made me enjoy BSL. It was also my best trades ever even if that was one of my first trades. He was a 19ppg scorer at SG because the team he was with had Kyrie at PG. I traded him using my #2 overall pick Ben Simmons who was decent (15ppg) and had a long career but was just a borderline all star. I used Avery Bradley at PG in a "Fast" offense and he raised his average to 26ppg. In the playoffs a few seasons after I traded for him, I changed the pace to "Very Fast". That was when it was determined that he was capable of scoring 35ppg and I won my first ship.

SoftLettuce

Karl Anthony-Towns.

He's super good, and the best thing I've ever done. Hopefully I can do right by him and build around him to win a title. But he's got best player in the league potential, and is one of, if not, the most valuable asset in the league. Piston for life absolutely!!!!

Nate

Staff member
Ryan Pearson.

I haven’t had much success in BSL at all and the times I’ve gotten my hands on first overall selections, they’re post busted hard (Bronny James and Giannis.) I do enjoy the building of players take later in drafts. I took Pearson 12th overall eight seasons back and he’s turned into a great sim league player. Out rebounds his ratings. A very good scorer. Re-signs for cheap. Couldn’t ask for more. I’ve never gotten one of them “broken” players in here so until then I’ll ride my humble Pearson.

notail

Devin Harris

True Nets player who's been with the team from when he was still al developing player to leading the Nets to success in their playoff success and eventual championship. He was one of the best defensive PGs around. He was never the Steph, Kemba, Kyrie but in his prime, I wouldn't say Harris wouldn't be a huge hole for those PGs to eat up because there would be nights where Devin would be able to defend against them. I would have been happy with Harris retiring as a Net

LukaSZN

Romeo Langford my first iteration here.
He was never the best player in the league or anything but I drafted him and he became a pretty steady All-Star. Was the best player on my first ever team to win a ring.

Xxplayerxx23

Tmac. I’ve had a lot of stars including Steph right now and AD back in the day (thanks josh) but Tmac carrying me to take improbable championships including beating THE ENEMIES of the league while being down 3-1 in the CF and championship is the best run I’ve ever had. Will forever be my dude. Will try and draft or trade for him in every future league

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
I pretty much just drafted him, but DeAaron Fox. I’ve never had someone double boost to 100 before, and I’ve never had a prospect remotely this good. The only way I’ve gotten top 10 guys in the past is by trading for them (usually past their prime).

AiRuPtHeRe™

AC Green - AC was my guy a few seasons ago. He was a PF that had A inside but wasn’t much of a defender/rebounder. Dude was an absolute tank offensively.

Casper Ware - Throwback before most people were around. I signed Casper Ware to a 5 year min. Deal as my starting point guard. Put up like 20/10ish with like 1 turnover a game.

I’d say in this league, my favorite player was probably Tony Allen or I’ll go with Zach LaVine. Tony was my guy at guard but was never too flashy and LaVine just looks crazy right now.

Swope

Staff member
Yet another question with which I have a very small sample size to go with so I’ll go Dwight Howard for sure.

Starting my tenure with Dwight was both a blessing and a curse but he was awesome either way. We hoped we could surround him with enough to make a real run but ran out of assets to complete the job. He’s an elite talent and glad he was able to win one even if it wasn’t here. Hopefully we’re lucky enough to get another player like him in our future

Scott

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Joel Embiid

Haven't really had a true building block this entire iteration besides him and Al Jeff. Joel hits a little differently since I traded a ton of draft capital to get him and to see him actually progress into a stud and not bust completely has definitely been a huge relief. He can do everything well and probably has the chance to average closer to 30 PPG at some point in his career.

G9.

Pistons GM
Kourtney Roberson without a doubt.

Is he the best BSL player ever? Maybe not.

He was kind of swiss cheese on defense but I loved his offense and rebounding. Just real fun to see in box scores / to depth chart in playoffs.

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
Honestly really hard question because I’ve been here forever but i tend to make lots of moves and don’t hang on to guys long. AD has kind of been an exception this file.

This iteration my favorite has probably been Zbo. Just absolute stud for me with 0 holes in his game. Usually not someone that builds around a big but he was just so efficient.

AiRuPtHeRe™

Kourtney Roberson without a doubt.

Is he the best BSL player ever? Maybe not.

He was kind of swiss cheese on defense but I loved his offense and rebounding. Just real fun to see in box scores / to depth chart in playoffs.
AYO fuck Kourtney

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
Kourtney wrecked me in the playoffs, Len Chappell couldn’t compete

Kings

Ty
Bol Bol was amazing. 20/10 big into his early 30s. Good defender and helped lead us to the finals. Think he was A- C+ C- A- A- or so. Very efficient and was around 2.5 turnovers a game as a top option.

fell in love with Melvin Ejim last league too. Thought he was going to be generational but he was an elite option for us offensively, defensively, and on the glass. Didn’t win a ring until we made him the second string SG/SF.

also Dirk Nowitzki a couple leagues ago was generational. It’s a shame we didn’t see him play out. He was like A- A- C A- B- at 21 with 85+ potential left. We might have never seen a big like him play out. Would have been the RJ of that league but at PF instead.

shout out to CP3 for carrying my bum ass this league too

Foreman

Mike Moser is probably the best guy I've had and held onto him for too long. But, since you don't really win with wings, he was never able to push me to a championship. He was great at either forward spot and is probably my best draft pick, even if it was an obvious one.

Frankie Collins is the true franchise meme player who started off as ROTY and fell off every season after that. Matt Bonner didn't want to retire after the retirement tour of last season, so he doesn't get to make the list.