Sim 1 (S22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
For $3.0M, this will serve as a vote. If you want conference re-alignment, choose from these options below, one team to move West and one to move East. If you don't want re-alignment, explain why.

These teams could move to the East:
1. Los Angeles Clippers -> Buffalo Braves
2. Sacramento Kings -> Rochester Royals, Cincinnati Royals or Kansas City Kings
3. Utah Jazz -> New Orleans Jazz
4. Vancouver Grizzlies -> Memphis Grizzlies

These teams could move to the West:
1. Atlanta Hawks -> St. Louis Hawks, New Orleans Pelicans, Oklahoma City Thunder
2. Charlotte Hornets -> New Orleans Hornets, New Orleans Pelicans, Oklahoma City Thunder
3. New Jersey Nets -> New Orleans Pelicans, Oklahoma City Thunder
4. Orlando Magic -> New Orleans Pelicans, Oklahoma City Thunder

SoftLettuce

Sacramento to KC is an easy one for me. I want the NBA in KC so bad. The other one is tough, but probs Orlando to New Orleans.

Hooper

I'm against conference re-allignment until the next iteration of the league. I've never seen it done before, and I think part of the game is beating who is in front of you.

If I was making an argument for re-allignment; however, I don't think the suggested teams moving conferences makes sense. The assumption here is that the east needs to be leveled down to the west, but all of the western teams except for one are playoff teams (+ Jazz have Embiid) and pretty solid GMs, so I feel that defeats the purpose anyway. It would make more sense to take a perennial bottom feeder, or a team in a difficult situation and move them to the east. But that would also be extremely unfair to that GM, who does not need the difficulty increase. So I just don't think it makes sense unless you can find multiple GMs to agree to this sort of thing.

I am sure there are lots of teams in the east who would be takers, but the west would need a volunteer. And outside of maybe Hank, I doubt anyone has the confidence/willingness to take that plunge

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
West -> East
Sacramento Kings -> Rochester Royals, Cincinnati Royals or Kansas City Kings

East -> West
Atlanta Hawks -> St. Louis Hawks, New Orleans Pelicans, Oklahoma City Thunder

mngopher35

I am not sure those options make tons of sense right now as Hooper pointed out the only non playoff team of West mentioned was Utah with Embiid. I am totally fine with re-alignment overall but it's going to take more than one swap to accomplish any sort of balance and there might be a couple better options out west GM wise. Of the options given I guess Orlando to OKC and Kings to Cincinnati to get Cloud out of my division lol.

Username

the best
Let’s just do a better job next time. Nobody wants to lose their historical records (the good gm that swaps)

but for question sake, I’m swapping jazz for Magic. Mostly because the West needs another GM thats always competing

CLB3

Sacramento Kings -> Kansas City Kings
Orlando Magic -> Oklahoma City Thunder

I haven't been here quite long enough to get a perfect feel for who's a good gm, but this should add a good one to the West. And one who hasn't had a good team since I've joined, to the east

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
None of these are the worst teams in the West, but for the sake of the poll:

move the Kings to the East

move the Magic to the West

Swope

Staff member
I’d vote for no re-alignment. Bringing a dominant team over for a cellar dweller really doesn’t help improve parity. The team going East will just have an even tougher time digging out of the basement and the team going West will just be in a much better position to succeed.

The Godfather

I would still be the West #1 GM.. so why not..only have to worry about Player 1 or 2 tines every 15 seasons..so I can pad my W's Bring it!

brooks

Thunder
I would move the Kings and Magic. But I like the idea of two GMs just swapping teams more.

BradS4President

Magicians
Why would we have realignment? GMs picked teams knowing that the division may have better GMs than the other conference.

For the sake of the question:
Grizzlies to the East
Magic to the West

Emac

I’m against realignment. I do think the west is still competitive but not as top heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.