S3 Roundtable

FortsonBass

1. Who are the top 5 assets in the league?

The Godfather:
1- Shaq- Dominates games is young and is only going to get better- pencil him in for a decade and 3 ships
2- KG - yes I've been hard on the young man but his D alone makes him Elite big and age and double double machine makes him a terror
3-Terrell Brandon - Best overall PG in the Game period end of story and no one is close. Age wise he still has lots of life left
4- Grant Hill 3 A-/A grades one of the most underrated players if Shaq was not in Orlando Hill would be doing 25ppg
5- PP - Say What? I really like his base/age and volume.. super efficient too with low TOs.. everything Kobe should be but isn't

Player:
1. Shaq - the most dominate player in the league. Both sides of the ball.
2. Kobe Bryant- he’s not the 2nd best player in the league but when you look at the base and his pot he’s as good value wise as any other player in the league
3. Kevin Garnett- Big tc still has a good amount of pot left, best defensive player in the league and now his offense is starting to catch up. He’s got more room to grow on offense. If he ever uses his pot the right way next few tc's forget it
4. Ray Allen- another big tc, really explosive player I’d have to guess he has decent potential left
5. Vince Carter- disappointing 2nd TC but he really didn’t need much. He’s still got some pot left and a couple TCs to get
HM. Allen Iverson- probably better than all but didn’t wanna brag.

Scott:
1. Shaq - Unstoppable big man and is only 25.
2. Allen Iverson - Franchise PG that will be averaging 30 PPG at some point
3. Kevin Garnett - will consistently be a DPOTY contender and is filling out the rest of his game very nicely.
4. Terrell Brandon - my favorite PG in the league. His all around game is so nice.
5. Ray Allen - Looking great for the Bullets and should be consistent 20 PPG+ scorer.

Username:
1. Shaq - best player in the league hands down, extremely dominant even as a non option.
2. KG - most likely the best defender in the league, young as shit, probably still 80s pot. At first I dogged him because I didn’t think Donkey made him able to score for shit, however I’m being proven wrong. I like KG a lot.
3. Ray Allen - Probably going to be the best shooter in the league, elite splits, young w pot, he’s probably my favorite player from his class as well.
4. Terrell Brandon - Probs the best PG right now, still on the younger side and he’s the ideal building piece for most GMs here.
5. Tim Duncan - Looks like a premier big man only in his second year, I’m sure him and KG/Shaq will be the top 3 bigs for a minute.
HM- Elton brand, Grant Hill, AI, VC

Donkey:
1. The number one asset is pretty clearly Kobe Bryant. He has the highest pot in the league, and already has great ratings.
2. Shaquille O'Neal has to go in this spot, he is the most dominant big in the league, only 25 years old and on a great contract.
3. This is a tough spot, but I'll go with Kevin Garnett. He is the best defensive player in the league at 21 and is still getting better.
4. Ray Allen, already one of the best shooters in the league and he has room to grow.
5. Paul Pierce, high pot and has a great base, but there are a few guys really close in value at this spot.

Notail:
1. Shaq O'Neal - still the best Center in the league. still only 25 and locked in for 4 years
2. Kobe Bryant - Teen with B B B+ is bonkers. still has pot too
3. Scottie Pippen - Best SF in the game currently. I would argue for top 3 player on file. he can single handedly carry your team in a playoffs series
4. Rashard Lewis - teen who still has pots with great ratings still
5. Allen Iverson - looks like the next best PG in the league

NC:
1. Kobe Bryant - He has sick ratings with B/B scoring and B+ defense. He is also already a 20 ppg scorer which is great. His name value is what stretches him to #1 imo, I don't know if he'll ever become a BSL Rj Barrett talent wise, but he will be close to RJ Barrett in terms of value on the trade market.
2. Shaq - Most dominate player on the file and he's only 25 years old. I anticipate Shaq bringing a ring home to Orlando in the next 1-2 years.
3. Allen Iverson - I think he could become the first Cole Anthony of this iteration, he looks to have the ability to dominate at the point guard position. To be successful in FBB you need A+ play from your PG, and Iverson is the best young PG in the league
4. Kevin Garnett - Best defender on the file, still has potential to work with, and has the versatility to play SF PF or C allowing for some serious playoff voodoo. As a rookie his volume and rebounding looked sketchy but he has quickly silenced those critics in just two TC's. He also doesn't turn the ball over and shoots good free throws. Not a single flaw in his game
5. Elton Brand - Of the first two draft classes we've had this league I think Brand has the highest ceiling of any of the prospects. He has a great base and potential to work as an 18 year old, now he's just gotta take advantage of it. He could become Elvin Hayes 2.0 but he could also bust and become June Mar Fajardo 2.0. Who knows

Hokey:
Tim Duncan, Vince Carter, Kobe Bryant, Ray Allen, Shaquille O'Neal. Shaq because he is the most dominant C in the file, and Tim Duncan because he is a little bit younger, but well on the verge of being the case. Obviously Kobe because of his name and he does look good, but maybe not quite as dominating as we thought. Vince is an absolute beast, and Ray Allen is a great scorer. There are some other really good players though.

Air:
1. Shaquille O'Neal - Best big man in the game. Best player in the game. Will be interesting to see if Magic can win a championship around him. Gotta think those FT's may cost them a few close games.
2. Kobe Bryant - Although there are a ton of great young guys in the league, I'll still take Kobe. He's still 19!! Think he's got the best defense along with some solid scoring already which gives him the edge up.
3. Terrell Brandon - Best PG in the league. He's led the Cavs to some deep playoff runs and continues to excel as a floor general.
4. Allen Iverson - Still can't believe he went 7 (lol Panic).. We knew he would come in with some great athletics to help his scoring. He's going to be one of the few young guys who will be contending while others are still tanking.
5. Ray Allen - Very close to Iverson, but I'll take AI for being as point guards are always the success to winning championships. You can't go wrong with either AI or Ray at 4/5 spot.

Gopher:
1. Kobe - Potentially the highest pot player in the league and already B B scoring capable of 20+ppg with B+ def too.
2. Shaq - Absolute beast big man and already in prime form
3. Duncan - Another great big who made nice advancements this TC
4. Ray Allen - I think he is just slightly above Pierce (who has good pot so stay tuned) and already killing it
5. Vince Carter - Unfortunate TC and I considered Brand heavily here too but he still looks great.

JB:
1. Shaq. Even tho he’s a starting file guy he’s absolutely dominant and will get his in any system run. Two way terror. He will also have his long term extension while the cap is still low. I would literally move anything for him.
2. Kobe. We’ve been waiting literal years for him. Turnovers are still an issue but he should be an all-timer.
3. Duncan. Slow start during the preseason sims of his career but he’s rounding into form and should be absolutely amazing. Could still rival Shaq as the best player down the line in my opinion.
4. KG. Fucking amazing defender and he finally started showing some offensive flashes this past preseason. Really love his build and he’s the ideal big man in my opinion.
5. Ray Allen. I give him the edge over Pierce at this point. Really a giant fan of his game and he already looks like a powerhouse. If he could cheese at PG (as he actually did a little in real life during his Seattle days) it would be incredibly interesting.

2. Who has done the worst job as a GM this iteration?

The Godfather:
I think Daulten is been pretty bad- But I am going to say Bucks... Why are they going in so soon.. TD and Dirk are going to dominate the league.. they could have tanked with those 2 for one more yr or 2 and then gone for it. I think they pulled the trigger too soon so they get the "worst job" over Daulten who redeemed himself a bit with his Sign and trade FA strategy this offseason after an abysmal 1st 2 seasons

Player:
Tough question. Daulten has squandered a pretty good situation traded a bunch of futures , the Payton deal was pretty awful. He did bounce back by getting some picks for kemp and others but he still has futures out and is gonna need to draft well or he may be in some trouble

Scott:
Daulten - Sonics had such a nice looking team to start and he couldn’t capitalize.

Username:
Probably Brad, made the mistake of trying to compete with the meh ass kings and traded hella picks.

Donkey:
Easily the meme-lord Daulten. He starts off the league by not paying his coach, so he goes into the red cash wise. He tries to go all in by trading for John Stockton and Glenn Robinson. He loses in the first round and then John Stockton walks in free agency. Glenn Robinson sucks. He trades for Patrick Ewing the next season and proceeds to miss the playoffs entirely. At the end of the season Shawn Kemp offers to re-sign on an absurdly cheap deal, at half a max. He doesn't accept it, only to sign him to a max deal in free agency. Patrick Ewing walks in free agency. Then he blows the team up. Daulten is the #29 GM, and we don't even have 29 GMs.

Notail:
Off the top of my head, Sonics started with great amount of asset and now they're with just some picks. unsure if any of those will convey to be good. Think he could have gotten good youths out of Kemp, Payton, Detlef (who just went for free on waivers)

NC:
Daulten. Took over a top 5 situation in terms of competing immediately and gets him team out of playoff contention in year 2. Then sells off. Probably should have done better cap management and roster management to try and contend early this file (ie Look at what Denver Cleveland and Orlando has done early on in acquiring talent). HM's Fortson with his Donkey tank job. Monta with the Suns, Manu/Battier might be the least exciting duo in the league. and Hokey/Raptors are they rebuilding or competing because it seems like they are successfully doing neither of those things.

Hokey:
Me, haven't tanked well enough.

Air:
Panic - Vancouver GM. He's fumbled the bag for his obsession with the teens. He took Shawn Marion over Allen Iverson and followed up by taking another C when he already had Camby? I personally liked Mike Bibby a lot and thought that would have been a smarter pick, but looking at Hamilton and Rashard Lewis who were picked right after makes you wonder... what if Panic actually hit back 2 back?

Gopher:
Unfortunately I gotta go with Brad here, I think he should have just tanked instead of selling off his picks. West has actually been a little competative and he would have been best served tanking instead of buying Malone then Johnson. I don't think they will get too far and now have a while without picks.

JB:
Best — NC. Having a core of KG/Nash/Z is nuts. Of course Miami has the awesome wing tandem, but they also lucked into a top pick of the best draft in BSL’s long history. G9 should also get some props here, but again, he was able to draft Duncan, although he’s started to round out that roster more with moves like bringing in GP. NC started with KG and stuck with him, even when he looked rough, and has made some nice moves so far. Grabbing Z where they did was a steal.
Worst — Daulten. Trades that just make you scratch your head and wonder what is going on. Everything feels like one step forward and three steps back.

3. If you could pick any team's situation right now, who would it be?

The Godfather:
TBH its pretty hard not to pick Orlando -- But they have 3 and spare parts and look to be that way for a while cause they aint got no lottos anytime soon and thay aint got no cap as well... TWolves are in a real nice spot as well... IF you asked me this question BEFORE the Glove trade- I would bave taken the Bucks as is I like the Heat a lot and thats who I am going to pick.. One more lotto top 5 type at the 1 or 4/5 and watch out

Player:
Between the bucks and the heat for me. I’d probably lean towards the heat, pierce looks good Kobe like mentioned earlier has great potential with a solid base. Still so young. I’d take my chances taking over them .

Scott:
Heat - their young core looks awesome even though Kobe seems very TO prone.

Username:
This ones tough, lots of teams that tanked are in a good position. I’m gonna go with the Bucks because I like their core a lot. Once they open up cap they ought to have a better win rating and can snag a good player in FA. Along with the development of TD and Dirk they should be a top seed soon.

Donkey:
Anyone in their right mind would choose the Heat right now. They have the best young core in the league with Kobe Bryant, Paul Pierce and Stephon Marbury. They almost can just sit on that core and they'll be contenders in no time. They might be trying to flip the switch to competing a little early though.

Notail:
I'll stick with Nets. I'll be starting fresh after trying to compete for 2 years. Didn't start off with the strongest of players, but still had a good record with solid starters. Now I'll be looking for youths to build around.

NC:
I wouldn't switch with anyone, I've enjoyed what I've done in Minnesota so far and don't really envy any teams situation. For the sake of answering the question though it would have to be Milwaukee for Duncan/Dirk or Miami for Kobe/Pierce.

Hokey:
Honestly Minnesota is the team that I think is in the best shape with Ilgauskas and Garnett as bigs, and Nash at PG is looking really good. Really just missing that SF or SG and then will be elite.

Air:
You gotta love what the Timberwolves are doing right now. Tons of young pieces with Nash, Garnett, Big Z. This team was looking to tank and I believe made the playoffs last year? KG is a bonafide defensive stud. The Wolves are a few wings away from being a really fun team

Gopher:
Bucks. They have had it all from luck in lotto getting Duncan/Dirk elite talents to great trades like getting the picks for Grob then turning it into Payton/Grob back and also Bradley too. Fisher and Mobley looks like solid specs on top.

JB:
Orlando. Even without a ring (yet) they have two of the top 10 pieces (easily) in the league. Super young. Flexibility is still there. Dynamo for years to come. They could easily ride out what they have and be great or push the chips in even further. Super enviable situation.

4. Between Hank and Username, which ring has more value?

The Godfather:
I aint picking a MJ led Ship against ME as valuable- We are 2 for 2 in Final appearances and 1-2 in Ships there. My roster has 3 players from the original team and did so last season as well-- Mutombo, McDyess and Randy Woods... I traded and molded a team that not only won a ship but went back to back to the finals and looks to be primed for 3-5 more finals in the next 5 yrs.

Player:
By default is Hank, he did more and traded away all his futures to win a ring with nobody competing. User did what he needed, he added Johnson which was a big reason why he won it.

Scott:
Hanks easily. He rebuilt that entire team while Username was handed the best team on the file.

Username:
Hanks because I won with MJ and he moved a lot of players and additions.

Donkey:
Hate to say it, but it's Hennys ring. The Nuggets were one of the better situations to start the league, but he did make a lot more moves to put together that team. User won a ring with Michael Jordan in the first year. Getting Kevin Johnson was a nice move, but he kept the entire core together while adding Kevin Johnson. It's would be like getting the Nets present day and winning a ship.

Notail:
Both started with great players. Username started with MJ, Pippen, Kukoc and added KJ which was the winning move. Hank started with the best defensive team. Given the first year and starting with MJ and Pippen, I think that takes away some value from the Bulls. Hank started with just as good a team, but I still give a slight edge to Hank in terms of value. He did beat the Magic who grinded through the East.

NC:
Hanks easily. He built that Denver roster for the most part, User inherited MJ and Pippen. No shade to User, Hank just worked harder for his.

Hokey:
Honestly would have to say Hank. Not taking anything away from Username, but I feel like with Jordan, everyone thought he needed to win.

Air:
I will go with Hank. He built a really solid team. Brought in a lot of pieces while the Bulls biggest trade was adding Kevin Johnson to an already stacked Bulls team. I know Hank gets a lot of flack, but the Nuggets were not a championship team when he first had them. Gotta relax on hyping the scrubs though

Gopher:
I think Hank had to do more to get his ring he made a lot more moves. I think it was just assumed that whoever took the bulls would win so that isn't a knock on User and he got screwed with MJ retiring early too. Overall though hank did more to get his ring and that bulls teams was going to have less value no matter who it was even though getting KJ was nice.

JB:
Hank. As much as I’ve criticized his moves, it’s really tough to have a base of MJ and Scottie to start with and give a lot of credit. A ring is a ring at the end of the day, but the Kevin Johnson and then largely a stock team doesn’t do as much for me.

5. What is the worst contract in the league?

The Godfather:
Shawn Kemp and whats worst is what he was acquired for -- lots of assets -- huge $$ for what? Much better value and players available especially for those picks

Player:
Chris Webber. It’s just awful man that’s just really bad

Scott:
Chris Webber easily. The man is paid like a superstar when he’s barely a role player.

Username:
Donyell Marshall dude is booty and locked the fuck up
Hm- Luc longley

Donkey:
I'd have to say it's Jamal Mashburn. He still has 5 years left on his deal. He does has some volume which is kind of nice, but he's more suited as a 6-8 guy off the bench. He's making good money and it's long term, it's certainly a hard deal to move even with the cap increasing. The only other ones that are close to being as bad would be Jim McIlvaine and maybe Eric Montross.

Notail:
Chris Webber - he's making 10M a year and for 4 years or so. He's a backup big at the moment.

NC:
Shawn Kemp. 3+ turnovers per game, can't defend, and is all athletics. He is overrated af and the tail end of that contract is probably gonna suckkkkkk

Hokey:
PF Scott Williams on Philadelphia. He is so bad and his contract is another 5 years and is increasing in price.

Air:
Donyell Marshall. I don't even know why he has that type of contract at such a young age. I thought he had a chance to improve which he has, but not worth that contract. Warriors had a lot of amnesty options and Marshall was probably the one who should have been amnestied.

Gopher:
I am gonna go Jason Kidd, it is still quite long and he turns the ball over 4.6 times based on PS. It's too bad he ended up this way but I am not sure who would take it and it is 5 years long still. It isn't quite max so maybe there are worse but that came to mind first.

JB:
Luc Longley is so egregious. The money he makes isn’t sky high, but it’s well over the minimum and MLE and he’s got like a lifetime deal lmao.

6. If you were commish for a day, what rule change would you make?

The Godfather:
Do away with Swaps and just make all draft picks draft picks.. No swaps just straight up picks... Would make things easier to manage and track and value would go up for those picks to both parties involved

Player:
I’d allow you to trade any pick you wanted too. The why? Do I have to even answer that part??? I’d trade my 2024 pick right now let me know if anyone’s interested

Scott:
This new “needing to own your own first to be able to use a rights to swap first” just seems a little extra to me and unnecessary.

Username:
I’d change the position rule so that Grant Hill can play PG. that would be fun to see. Also have always been a fan of cheesing big men at point guard, my boy Jared Sullinger was running the league there at one point. I’m sure everyone remember Blake Griffin there too.

Donkey:
This doesn't apply to me of course, because I am the supreme ruler and can do whatever I want. But if I was to make a rule that I want that would piss people off, I would get rid of cutbacks, institute trade exceptions and change free agency so that you have to rescind rights to players to free up cap space.

Notail:
I would say other than the strict PG rule, I would allow flexible positioning on DC. Think it'll be interesting on how players can be utilized not restricted to their position +1/-1 without abusing the PG position.

NC:
I would get rid of steipen and allow picks to be traded in consecutive years. However I would change the years out from 7 to 5. This would eliminate confusing and annoying swap rules and would ultimately change the maximum number of firsts a team could trade away from 4 to 5.

Hokey:
Honestly, I think Donkey does a great job, to me there is nothing that really sticks out, however, maybe I would do the DLG being picks 1-10 half a season and the rest full year rather than 1-13 and the same in the summer league.

Air:
The tanking rule. Feel like too many people tank for such a long time. I would give them a max 3 year tank window and then be forced to compete by year 4. Don't allow them to run crazy bad DC's. Feel like some people been tanking for 10 years (this league and last)

Gopher:
I don't really have anything. I recently found out about the extent of the UTT trades and paying real $ for players even etc. so I guess I would just put an end to that if I could.

JB:
I’m largely fine with the rules as is. I think that Steipen is annoying, but important. The one change that I would make would probably be linked to height/weight. It would be cool to add quickness if you paid to subtract weight.

7. Who is the most overrated GM this iteration?

The Godfather:
The Self acclaimed Daulten is overrated by himself- enough said

Player:
It’s so early, I’m not sure it’s really fair to call anyone overrated but I’ll do it and I’ll go with cat dude. Anything under 22 is overrating him big time.

Scott:
Cloud - Still hasn’t won after starting with Shaq and Penny, not to mention he acquired Grant Hill for shitty picks. Plays in the weakkkk East too.

Username:
I think it is too early to tell at this point, only a couple seasons deep. I don’t think anyone has received any crazy amount of praise from people for any certain moves so idk. Let’s just say Henny because he’s been hyping himself up.

Donkey:
I mean without a doubt it's Curry right? All we heard last iteration was that he had a shitty situation and didn't try. He gets a clean slate here and he's whiffing on picks already. Rip Hamilton was a reach at 6. If Daulten is #29, Curry is #28.

Notail:
I don't think we have one yet. The two with a ring deserve what they won regardless of what others say about no competition. Bulls and Nuggets did have a good head start but they still had to earn it. No one is being overrated imo because we're only 2 seasons in.

NC:
Hard to "overrate" GM's this early on, don't feel like anyone is being overly cocky about their inherited file team or their tank job. Maybe GB cause VC / Posey went from "what a sick duo" to kinda mid (I know they still have pot), maybe Cloud since I bet most would have assumed they would have ring by now, maybe Foreman because his team got bounced in the first round as a 2 seed last year. All of those are stretches though, I don't think there is a clear cut "overrated" gm so far

Hokey:
Honestly, have not paid enough attention to who is supposed to be really good, and who has failed, but somehow I will say Cloud just because I feel the team hasn't done great with Hill and Hardaway.

Air:
I'll go with Donkey. He picked pretty high in the rankings and ended up with the Clippers. I don't know see any young studs on the team so I assume he traded out in both trades. I know he's going to do something crazy and allow for hometown to be a MAJOR factor in free agency and he'll steal some LA players.

Gopher:
I am not really sure how to answer, is this off last ratings? You could argue me then because a lot of people chose me as 1 and I would say Bucks overtook that and Atlanta has come into range. Off the teams we started with? I think Seattle screwed up to start but they kinda corrected and at least can start fresh now despite having a lot of talent to begin with.

JB:
Sort of a tough question this early because I don’t feel like a ton of guys have gotten unjust hype. I guess if I had to point in the direction of someone it would be Frank? Doesn’t really seem fair because he hasn’t been around much, but he was consistently rated as a top tier GM last league and the Mavs have been a giant disappointment so far.

8. If you could relocate your team, where would you move them?

The Godfather:
San Diego- cause thats where I am from and miss going to Clipper games

Player:
Bring me to Ny. I’ll take over ny. The NY Hawks have a nice ring to it

Scott:
Nowhere because I dig my division and it’s a game so who cares.

Username:
I would move the Bulls to Brooklyn. NY needs a third team and Brooklyn Bulls sounds good.

Donkey:
I can put this question to bed because the only re-locations that will be allowed is a franchise to Oklahoma City and one to New Orleans. And we'll only do that if the conferences continue to be really lopsided.

Notail:
San Diego. heard the place is nice and probably going to be a big market place I'm sure as with other California teams.

NC:
I'd relocate to Myrtle Beach SC so we could become the Myrtle Beach Timberwolves. The main reason though is KG's hometown is "Hornets" but he is actually from Greenville SC, so moving to SC would better equip us to resign him this off season as his hometown. Also Minnesota has the worst weather and Myrtle Beach has decent weather, but is pretty trashy lol

Hokey:
Nowhere, this is the only place I want to be.

Air:
Boston because that is where I'm from. I'm sick of these west coast teams.

Gopher:
West lol. I would relocate and replace the Twolves. NC just wanted KG he can move where ever he wants and I get to be in MN.

JB:
I wouldn’t. The entire premise of me picking the Cavs was to have the hometown team.

9. If you could redo one thing this iteration as the GM of your team, what would it be?

The Godfather:
The Dennis Scott trade, I gave up a future for a guy who is a backup 3.. Mind u at that moment I didnt have Laettner in the fold and thus Scott would have been starting offering > Value.

Player:
Not many complaints so far. I would probably have pushed harder for VC or Allen. Tried to get one of them to go with iverson. Oh well Lewis looks really good

Scott:
I’m unsure. I’ve felt pretty good about all of my moves so far and don’t regret any of them. Maybe moving Stockton but I feel as if our team ended up being better that year after trading him.

Username:
I would’ve traded MJ season one since he’s a bitch and wanted to retire. I could’ve netted someone good enough to probably win a ring anyways since I was almost able to make it back to the finals without him. Scottie the real MVP fuck MJ.

Donkey:
I probably wouldn't have signed guys in that first free agency and should've tanked harder. But I wanted to have a little fun that first season so I don't regret it. I chose one of the worst starting franchises on purpose. It's going to be a long road to turn the Clippers into championship contenders.

Notail:
If I knew my team would be so competitive, I could invest my future into obtaining a star. feel like that would have pushed us over into the ECF and finals.

NC:
I probably shouldn't have sold so low on Laettner. He had shitty potential and a 5 year contract so I was willing to move him at the first offer I got (from Henny). He honestly would be the perfect SF on my roster right now because I've just been playing LaPhonso Ellis who I ironically got in return in that deal there. Plus he gives cloud and the Magic NIGHTMARES

Hokey:
Not moving down in the draft and taking Terry instead of ending up with Shareef. Mainly due to the fact that Shareef does not look promising, and Terry looks very legit.

Air:
I would probably have taken a worse team and tanked. The way Donkey stacked these draft classes, a top 10 pick nabs you a stud. I took the Warriors because of Latrell Sprewell and as good as he looked during the first season, he has regressed a tad bit.

Gopher:
I dunno this is tough, can't really change a trade that never happened/I didn't respond on (I should maybe have been more aggressive than thinking I would get chance to counter but oh well). I don't regret Kobe or Pierce with their pot at all so it comes down to star or dampier. I guess I will go with star just because the other two I noted at draft I liked possible more in Rip and Lewis look pretty sick. I think for the fit with my core it still should work but those two look great and I was close to just grabbing another SF. Dampier was a bit expensive as well although I could have used him in the trade if I wanted to be aggressive and I am not sure this draft is going to be very good so I am not too concerned there either. I like having my youth now and focus on getting win rating up to attack next year FA (a ton of good expirings just need some to hit the market).

JB:
Not grabbing Muresan from Ebbs. I thought the asking price was a little too high, even acknowledging his skills, and I settled for Tarpley + Kurt instead. I’m still really happy with them, but I really want Muresan.

10. Who is the most underrated GM this iteration?

The Godfather:
No Comment, cause I cant think of anyone besides me that deserves this title although TWolves and Heat GMs have done well... But not sure they are overrated or underrated.. Where as I always feel underrated.. lol

Player:
I don’t think gopher gets enough credit for what he does as a GM and how well of a situation the heat are in. The other gm I was going to mention was Nc he got a ton of heat early for the Nash move and some guys were ripping Kg early. He’s done a nice job. But gopher is my pick here with NC as HM.

Scott:
Foreman - he’s been subpar the past god knows how many iterations we’ve had but I’ve enjoyed his trailblazers team. Mourning was such a huge addition but I do still think he needs to make another splash.

Username:
Daulten is the best GM in the league. Everybody dogs him, but he’s simply the best.

Donkey:
I still think it's notail. That would've been my answer last iteration too. He is still very much under the radar but he already turned the Nets into a playoff team. His one issue is that he's not getting rings, but he does a great job at building competitive teams.

Notail:
Blazers have started with a strong set of players, but he did trade for Alonzo which makes him a contender and I haven't seen anyone talk about the Blazers too much so I would have to say Foreman.

NC:
It has easily been Scott. He's wheeled and dealed as the Jazz gm and has them set up to be contenders this year. They look nothing like the way they did on the original file with Stockton/Malone, and didn't mortgage their future of picks to do so.

Hokey:
Hank, only because he is not overly respected but always finds a way to do good things, and I can honestly say I still think he does dumb things, but maybe he will end up being more lucky in this iteration.

Air:
I'll give credit to Hank here. Built a really good team in Denver, won a championship and people don't show him enough love. Good work Hank.

Gopher:
I am going to go with Scott here. He kinda tricked me on Francis too so no shot at air here but he just made another pretty nice trade. I think Utah was a tougher position than some may think just because they were older but not really in a position to win. Hardaway/Bell/Sprewell/Ostertag/Muresean is pretty young still and he is right near the top of the west. I don't think he normally gets alot of credit as a GM but so far this has been an excellent job imo. I also think Fortson with Brand and those picks is in a pretty dangerous spot for being rated so low last time on that other poll. A decent tank and using those picks wisely he could be near if not at the top when asking about best spots to be a GM.

JB:
Deion. He’s quietly executing the donkey strategy and stockpiling assets. He traded out of an all-time draft, but he’s going to have a ton of ammo down the line. Nobody really talks about it either from what I’ve seen.