S19 Sim 6 S&U

Status
Not open for further replies.

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
It’s really not debateable it affects the trade market. If you wanna argue how much go ahead but in my eyes it’s fairly significant. FWIW I don’t have a problem with donkey doing it and the strategy works. The problem is doing it for 15 seasons and exponentially increasing over time is wildly unrealistic and with each season he has done it, the affect it has spreads wider.

Leagues usually have a natural flow where teams bounce back and forth from contending to competing for periods at a time. Donkeys strategy has locked certain teams into situations that it is not a viable option to flip the switch in one way or another. I think this league more then ever we are seeing the same handful of teams dominate because they are forced to stay competitive when they would probably like to mix It up. This trickles down to middling teams and tankers as top end players are not being shopped as much to the tanking teams because donkey owns half the lottery every season and will only deal then for more picks. It is not a normal flow of the league that lottery picks are being valued relative to future picks as opposed to flipping for actual talent.

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
I can’t knock Donkey too much, because other teams still have to make the mistake to mortgage their future. But it going on for this long does have a negative impact on the trade market, because there’s purely less assets to go around. It makes people more reluctant to make big deals just because they might be giving up all of their remaining eligible picks. And sometimes rebuilding teams have a hard time even getting a single pick for solid players

Username

the best
I don’t believe donkey hoarding picks hurts the trade market, people wouldn’t own those picks anyways because they traded them. It has birthed some great teams though, because donkey was selling so many top 5 picks to already good teams like the wizards

Status
Not open for further replies.