S16 Sim 2 S&U

Eberlicious

For 3M

What Basketball rule would you alter, add, or remove and why? How would this improve the game?

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
1. Enforce travels, nothing is more infuriating then players taking 10 steps.
2. Swallow the whistle more, especially when someone simply touches the other guys hand after the shot is already off. This leads to less stoppages and the flow of the game is better. Essentially just call the regular season like they do the playoffs.
3. Ban LeBron James, nobody likes that corny guy.

Cloud

Staff member
P much with donkey on this. I get that allowing a lot of these carries / travels has led to higher scoring games and record breaking seasons which is easier to sell to the fans but it cheapens the game to me.

Definitely agree with the whistles too, I wanna see hard nosed, tough physical 90’s basket brawl. So many of these soft ass prima donnas today would be our of their element if they had to play in that era

The Godfather

Traveling is a joke rule, either enforce it, or just let them boys take extra steps all the time... I agree once ball touches the rim should be able to go get it

notail

let players play more physical ball. too many soft fouls and I feel this leads to players playing hollywood than actual basketball

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
This goes for literally every sport but there should be a sky ref that overturns obvious bad calls. No fouls or anything like that, strictly out of bounds type plays that after watching like a single camera angle it’s obvious they fucked up.

I actually love the transparency of the XFL review system I would love other sports to adapt that as well

Catdude

I agree with the others that say call less fouls. I want to see a more physical game. I think that will make the games more intense. I don’t want to watch a ton of free throws.

AiRuPtHeRe™

Allow the top 16 teams in the playoffs. Sometimes you’ll have a terrible East 8th seed in over a good West 9th seed.

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
Don't think it's official yet, but sounds like I'll be taking over the Blazers and I could really use some cash since we have $0 so...

Penalize flopping. Especially egregious flops should mean free throws for the other team. Or give a player a technical if it happens multiples times in a game.

And I 2nd Air's suggestion to make the playoffs the top 16 teams

BeatsHaveADream

Indiana Pacers GM
4pt shooting hot spots. Would add another incentive to bring the game to shooters which i think is the future of the sport. Players just gonna keep getting better n better at shooting so give them a longer goal

Nate

Staff member
Add a 4-pt spot/line. That's the way the game is going to.