Preseason (S8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
For $1.5M who was the biggest steal & reach of the 2002 Draft and why?

Panic!

Steal: Dahntay Jones. Second rounder who can already play as a starter as a rookie. Does not turn the ball over a lot too.

Reach: Stromile Swift. Was drafted in a very valuable draft position (14-19). Way too many good players left.

cavsfan817

Staff member
Feels weird calling the #3 pick a steal, but Bosh is spectacular. I figured he would've been a very easy pick at 2. Amare is cool, but give me Bosh at 3 every day of the week. Biggest reach is probably Swift. Not too impressive on draft day and you can realistically argue that the next 6-7 picks directly after him are all better.

Username

the best
Reach - Swift. I like a few bigs that went after him more

Steal - Steve blake. henny knows how to draft

Curry

Administrator
Administrator
Steal - Bosh. I would've taken him 2 forsure wasn't even close I think he's gonna be great.

Reach - Amare. Feels weird to do this with just the 2nd and 3rd picks but I feel like if I take Bosh as the steal the guy that was taken over him has to be the reach.

Curry

Administrator
Administrator
Steal - Bosh. I would've taken him 2 forsure wasn't even close I think he's gonna be great.

Reach - Amare. Feels weird to do this with just the 2nd and 3rd picks but I feel like if I take Bosh as the steal the guy that was taken over him has to be the reach.

the_jon

Steal - Richard Jefferson at 7 - Looks like a guy that should have went top 4 now.

Reach - Amare Stoudemire - Trash big. Will probably bust

AiRuPtHeRe™

Steal - Dahntay Jones in the second round. He could come in an contribute for many teams but instead gets 2 years of Dleague.

Reach - Spencer Nelson - doesn't scream lotto pick by looking at his ratings.

The Godfather

Steal - D Jones and Steve Blake

Both could end up as starters after getting dlg 2 yrs .. Both can be very very good in a short time
.did I say Both went in rd 2

Swift ..ouch.. this Big was a BIG BIG reach so many better bigs after him ..well into rd2 as well

hokeyrules

Steal - Chris Bosh should have went 2. More of a complete package

Reach - Swift, just because I feel there were better bigs later in the draft

mngopher35

Steal: I am gonna go with Bosh as he looks like a star

reach: my steal makes the reach amare as that’s who was chosen before him, didn’t see any picks that horrible tbh

G9.

Pistons GM
Steal - Bosh. Shoulda gone two.

Reach - matt Barnes. Dude is useless

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reach: Jeff Gibbs at 13, I thought there were better guys available there, he looks like he'll be a nice defender but that's it.

Steal: Richard Jefferson, he could've easily went 5 or higher but he fell to 7 because he didn't have the highest ceiling. People overlook high floor players.

Status
Not open for further replies.