Preseason (S5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
For $1.5M, where should the 76ers trade Ben Simmons for and why? (Or should they keep him)

mngopher35

Yes the 76ers should trade Simmons because the fit with Embiid just doesn't work. He needs a team with more spacing around him and a Superstar not operating as much in the post but instead drawing defenses out. I think Portland with Dame makes sense, he can be a finisher/playmaker off of space Dame creates in P&R for example.

AiRuPtHeRe™

76ers Trade
Ben Simmons

Pacers Trade
Malcolm Brogdon
Jeremy Lamb

76ers get a guy who can still play defense and score. Lamb replaces Danny Green.
Pacers get Simmons for 2 guys who aren't in their future plans. They have 2 bigs that won't clog up the lanes for him.

Last edited:

Foreman

Swap Simmons and Kristaps with adding some extra depth pieces from the Mavs. Everyone wins

BradS4President

Magicians
The Sixers need to trade him. He needs shooters spacing the floor. I dont know how much value he brings back after his struggles shooting in the playoffs. However, the Trail Blazers could use a shakeup. Moving on from McCollum for Simmons seems like the most sense for both sides

panda

Buy a ticket, take the ride
Much as I hate to say it I think his best chance to succeed is with the Warriors or the Wolves and in that scenario I'd rather he end up with the Wolves.

cavsfan817

Staff member
Send him to The Land for Sexton + Love. Gives the Cavs the star potential guy they are lacking. It'll allow him to play in the dunker spot as a playmaking 4 who doesn't have to have the ball up top or clog things up for an elite big (Embiid), and their development staff is notorious for fixing jump shots. Philly gets a shot creating guard who can help take pressure off of Embiid being the only go-to scoring option. Sexton's work ethic is insane too and he's turned into a passable defender and a lowkey elite three point shooter. Love adds some floor spacing off the bench. The names aren't sexy, but honestly this fit would be great for both teams.

The Godfather

Imagine Ben with PG and Kahwi in a super 6th role at 123.. dont see a match for trade $$ wise but boy oh boy

I'm not sure where his trade value is but if they can trade him to somewhere like Washington or Chicago and get someone like Bradley Beal or Zach LaVine that would he great. Both of them are elite three-level scorers and can do a bit of playmaking as well. Also an important factor worth noting are their contracts. If the experiment doesn't work out with Beal, he and Embiid's contracts both expire at the end of the 2022-23 season, and LaVine is entering the final year of his contract right now. Simmons is under contract for four more years so moving so not only does trading him for LaVine or Beal help them tremendously on offense while maximizing Joel Embiid, it also gives them cap flexibility in the near future when the free agency classes are expected to be much better than the 2021 class.

NCツ

His value is shot

they should keep him and trade Embiid while Embiid has extremely high value. At least Simmons is younger and less injury prone than Embiid

Cloud

Staff member
I wouldn’t trade him right now, his values at its lowest point. Try to put him in an intensive offseason program for his shot mechanics and get his confidence back to where it needs to be.

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
I’ve personally kinda thought Simmons sucks forever. He’s been portrayed as a superstar for years while also being afraid to shoot the ball, it makes 0 sense.

76ers should take what they can get to move that deal. I’d be shocked if they can find some sort of “star for star” swap but if they can they should take it really regardless of who it is and their position.

Catdude

Send him to Portland for McCollum.

I think he’d do well next to Lillard and then the 76ers get a scoring guard who can shoot. Win/win.

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
76ers Trade:
Ben Simmons

Spurs Trade:
DeMar DeRozan (S&T)
Devin Vassell

The 76ers would be so much better with DeRozan. He'd pair great with Embiid. Then the 76ers get a guy like Vassell who they can develop hopefully.

The Spurs on the other hand get something for DeRozan, who might just walk anyways, and if anyone can fix Simmons, it's Pop.

the_jon

76ers should keep him because they likely arent getting much in return. Wait until his value increases if that ever happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.