Preseason (S2)

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
For $1.5M

What NBA player who is playing in todays NBA (2021), has had the biggest impact on the game of basketball overall and why?

daulten780

James Harden can singlehandedly carry a team to a high seed and anytime he is on the floor you are guaranteed an elite offense.

FortsonBass

If the question was the league, it’s LeBron.

Since it’s basketball, it’s Steph because every kid in every basketball gym all over the world is hoisting threes trying to be like him.

Kings

Ty
Curry without a doubt is the answer the influence can be shown in AAU, high school and pickup games with Jimmy. He changed the game for guards

Foreman

It has to be Curry, basketball is going to keep evolving heavily towards more three point shooting because of him.

Catdude

I think Curry has changed the culture of basketball more than Lebron. He influences younger players way more with his long range sharpshooting.

mngopher35

Lebron is obviously the greater player all time but in terms of changing basketball I would lean Curry with the shooting as others have mentioned.

hokeyrules

Kyle Lowry, just showing the guys who are not always seen as someone who can win or have talent, can have a long career and be considered one of the great PGs in NBA History.

notail

I'd say Lebron James. The man probably influenced so many young players to want to play basketball. dominant force since rookie year and even currently

NCツ

LeBron changed the way athletes in the NBA are viewed. Players are no longer thankful to be playing for a franchise, franchises are now thankful that players play for them

• Wow
Reactions: G9.

G9.

Pistons GM
I want to say someone other than Steph, but it’s hard to think of one.

I feel like players like Jokic and Giannis might have had an impact on the extent to which overseas scouting is done, but I haven’t looked into it.

The game itself tho it has to be Steph.

Cloud

Staff member
It is 1000% Steph. He revolutionized the “spacing ERA” and is the architect of the modern style of play. You can see rheee effects all the way down to pickup ball.... nobody plays back to the basket old school ball anymore it’s just 4-5 guys hanging around the perimeter chucking.