Preseason (S1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
For $3.0M, based on CPU Preseason and Preseason, how would you grade your own draft and why?

Xxplayerxx23

The lack of a better big is what did me in and what made me a seller. But I knew that when I took the shot at ant using his pot and becoming a superstar. So B-

Last edited:

Foreman

I'd probably grade it as a C+. Could've used better big men and Tatum may have not been the guy in round 1

brooks

Thunder
Eh. I’d give it a C-. Happy with Murray selection, as he prob should have gone sooner so I wanted BPA. However, I struck out completely with the Mobley pick and realized I didn’t have a direction after that selection so I went full on youth.

Mzylinski

I was going to say a C, went all youth missed on guys that could’ve helped now, but a good preseason makes me go with a B, good results and all young bodies!

BradS4President

Magicians
I'm going with a C. I think that my first two selections were good with Kyrie and Murray, as well as Harris in round 4. I like Saric and McLaughlin as good depth. But I feel I butchered my 3rd and 6th round selections, where I could have drafted Dwight Powell and Robin Lopez. I think those guys up front, would have given me a better chance to compete rather than Stewart and Konchar.

Kings

Ty
I think a B is fair for us. Building a contender with one of the later picks on the top tier talent is impressive. Lot of guys with limited upside or time left, but we established a direction early. Fox will be a top tier PG for around 8 years, and Paul George has some elite years left. Good role players around the squad to space the floor for Fox

notail

B-. Very happy with Nurkic, Pascal and Simons with their contract. Scoot was a reach but he looks like he has a good base with good potential with a rookie contract. Can't complain

Just Swaggy

B+. Curry and DeMar work well. Can’t be upset that were a playoff team. Sure we don’t have any prospects, but we play to win.

Scott

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
A-. Honestly I like the value we got at the majority of our spots. I think Shai is a potential superstar and I think the team around him leaves minimal weak spots in the lineup. Craig may have been a reach but his defense is an ideal fit in between Shai/Barnes. Limited “prospects” besides Brandin P and KPJ. But Shai/bridges are only 25 and already legit players obviously and Bam is only 26 so our core is set for a minute.

Wasn’t a fan of the youth movement esp since there was only a handful or two of top tier specs. Not having TC this first year made it an easy decision to contend.

Catdude

I'd say a solid B. The combo of Embiid and Gobert is nice and I think McConnell and Rozier work well but I failed to really get a second go-to guy. Rozier has stepped into that role but I needed to either get an elite wing or PG to pair with Embiid to really push us over the top.

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
B

Probably should’ve taken Zion round 1, but I also think Booker was a steal where I got him, and I liked that I was able to build a lineup with bigs who can shoot around him. My two best guys being relatively young is good for my window in theory

cavsfan817

Staff member
Loved my draft when I went through it and love it now. I'd give us a B+/A- grade. Set up for a good run in the future and we are good enough to make some noise now. I got cute on a few guys thinking that I could wait an additional round to grab them (Dwight Powell immediately comes to mind) but for the most part we set ourselves up nicely to pivot in different directions, should I want to change course.

AiRuPtHeRe™

B/B-

We are pretty young, so a lot will depend on TCs. A lot of people didn't like LaMelo, but I wanted to start this franchise off with a younger PG. LaMelo is locked up for the next 5-6 years. DeAndre Ayton in the 2nd is a pretty good take with the lack of bigs in the league. He probably fell a bit because he didn't do much in the initial pre season, but he was behind 3 25 PPG scorers. He did 21/10 in the preseason as a featured player. Jalen Green is a guy I was happy to grab because he fits the timeline. B+ inside is pretty good for a 21 year old. If he can improve his D/outside scoring, I think he'll be a 25 PPG guy.

Liked the later round picks of some guys like Liddell / DeAngelo who can provide a spark off the bench. Picked up Cam Johnson as well who did a solid 15 PPG as a starter. Could use him as a starter or bench guy.

I forgot to set a DC which didn't help us showcase some of those minutes/options as I would want.

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
B-.

I like a lot of pieces we have moving forward and we don’t have any large contracts that will constrain us. We are kind of a middler group right now so next step is to pick a direction

CLB3

B+. Wish I could have a couple picks back, but for the most part I think we got some good value. Brogdon in the 3rd feels like the best pick of the bunch right now. Hopefully the Middleton trade launches us to be a true contender.

Nate

Staff member
C+.

I know Chet was a bit of a reach but still has good pot and could very well end up being an A- B scorer who can rebound as well. WCJ was a solid pick in the second round, think he will be solid for a very long time. Like Scottie Barnes as well.

The rest was youth that we will see if they can develop.

Snypes89

B/B- love Giannis, OG, and Brunson picks. Was very happy with picking up Gafford for his blocking. Tre was a great back pg. only early pick I don’t like after the fact is Keldon Johnson and I think later I should have been more aggressive with getting some guys instead of looking at the contracts so much. Overall really like my team last chances if some moves are made.

Hooper

A- have a chance to win it all and managed the salary cap well. Big Lowry expiring contract to trade and a nice core of Kawhi / Lavine / Portis. Pick 21 was an awful spot too so made the best of the situation

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
C+, I think we set ourselves up to be a good team long term. Everyone is at the start of their prime. However I've created a bit of cap hell that I'll have to work my way out of. Productivity early on has left a little bit to be desired too.

Status
Not open for further replies.