MAPLESCOUTING Draft Data: Part VIII

NCツ

This is Part VIII of a series where I go back and apply MAPLESOCUTING to all of the drafts we have had this league. We are going to dive into how players ended up later on in their careers, success rates based on potential/draft position, and in other data that might help us all become better drafters, or just understand how FBB works with player development. This article will be a player comparison article. I have 1800 players in the MAPLESCOUTING database, and we will be identifying players in the 2046 draft class that had a MAPLESCOUTING score within 0.09 of a player at a similar position. It's been a while so let's dive in.

Prospect: Cordell Pemsl - 48.00
Comparison: Lorenzen Wright - 47.94

Pemsl might be the biggest boom or bust prospect in the draft

Cordell Pemsl is the #5 prospect in the 2046 draft according to MAPLESCOUTING. Pemsl looks very similar to a former early lottery pick in Lorenzen Wright. Both players have top ten potential and are top ten rebounders in their draft class. Pemsl looks to have a slightly more polished offensive game, scoring 15 ppg in BSL College while Wright never cracked 13 ppg during his playing career. Wright had A potential while Pemsl has a high B potential, but hopefully Pemsl will have better training camps as Wright only netted a growth of +3.

Prospect: Ludovic Beyhurst - 50.64
Comparison: Coby White - 50.66

Some GM's are skeptical of Ludovic Beyhurst's hand size, as it only measured out at 6.75 inches at the combine

Ludovic Beyhurst has Coby White written all over him in my opinion. With identical age, inside scoring, handles, and rebounding and almost identical shooting, potential, and MAPLESCOUTING score, Ludovic Beyhurst might be one of the safer lotto picks in this years draft. Beyhurst is lacking in size compared to White, and will definitely need a GM to take advantage of the height and weight gains early in his career. I'm not sure if Coby White boosted or not, but he posted a growth of +11 during his career and if Beyhurst can just net a +6 we could be looking at a C A- B B D+ type of player.

Prospect: Kouat Noi - 47.60
Comparison: Selton Miguel - 47.62

Noi was 29-108 from deep in college

Kouat Noi is an A potential wing slotted to most likely go in the lottery tonight. Noi reminds me a ton of Selton Miguel, which is not good considering Miguel is one of eleven A pot players to not make it 7 years into the league (94 total A pot guys in MS). Noi does have the better outside shooting grade than Miguel's low fringe C, but Noi only shot 26.9% from deep in BSL College.
Prospect: Dudley Bradley - 47.46
Comparison: Kareem Jamar - 47.40

Bradley should go top 5 for his potential alone

Dudley Bradley is one of the more appealing prospect in this class in my opinion, but his comparison doesn't excite anyone. Bradley does come into the league as a teen with probably mid 90s potential, while Jamar was not a teen and probably had low 80s. Even with low 80s potential Jamar only netted a growth of plus 2. Bradley will need to use that potential to improve his rebounding significantly, or he may have to move down and develop as a shooting guard.

Prospect: Rodney Knowles - 46.70
Comparison: Isaac Haas - 46.71

Haas is hoping to land a max contract this off season

Nobody let Beats know there is another Isaac Haas available for him to snipe. Knowles and Haas are almost the exact same prospects, other than their Def/Reb grades being flipped and Haas being much larger in size. Knowles put up impressive stats in BSL College and is one of my favorite prospects in this draft class.

Prospect: Roberto Gittens - 46.65
Comparison: Devon Dotson - 46.68

Please let this tank play PG

This one is kind of a stretch, but there are many similarities between Roberto Gittens and Devon Dotson. With fringes Dotson was basically a C+/B- scorer, and Gittens is already there. They both have very similar potential as well. My case for taking Gittens will be is that you should MOVE him to PG and give him height and weight. This will give you a 6'7 240 PG who could potentially bully the Ludovic Beyhurst and Temple Gibbs' of the leagues. His passing will need work, so I would suggest to find a Steve Nash kind of coach to develop him with.