5 Win-Win trades

Eberlicious

While It is slow at work I wanted to quickly give my thoughts on 5 trades that I think would make all teams involved better. Also I want to see people react to evaluations of their players. Also I'm not going to go search through to see who has picks where so if picks are involved it what I believe would even out the value.

Trailblazers Receive
Pacers Receive
Zach RandolphJR Smith
Ersan IllyasovaLaMarcus Aldridge
First round pickMatt Bonner

The Blazers desperately need a big, and the Pacers should be looking to build around Telfair. Baron + Randolph will be an elite duo for at least the next 2-3 years, while the Pacers would be locked into one of the most explosive backcourts in BSL. I would of preferred something like this before Pau was CB as next year could be tricky for the pacers, but I think starting with two elite young guards is a great way to start the next chapter in Pacers basketball. As for the Blazers what they have isn't working at the moment and I think cashing in on JR will net you a lot more than what Baron could find you.

Bullets ReceiveWarriors Receive
Brendan HaywoodLou Williams
Tony AllenTyson Chandler
Tobias Harris
2 first round picks, 1 pick swap

Lou and Steph are redundant pieces who both play best at PG, Tyson is disappointing, and Tobias is 2 years away from MAYBE being a contributor. A lineup of Steph/Tony/Rudy/Bogut/Haywood would probably be the best defensive lineup in the league. Air would be able to get fair value for Haywood, maybe build around Lou and Tobias moving forward and flip Tyson for some draft capital. Lots of possibilities, a really fun shakeup for both teams here.

Rockets ReceiveCeltics Receive
Anthony DavisDwight Howard
Wilson ChandlerMikki Moore
Isaiah Thomas
2 first round picks, 1 Pick Swap

Alright now this would make a SPLASH. As much as every East GM would hate this trade, if Swoop wanted to move Dwight this would be a package worthy of moving him. GB becomes an immediate threat with Dame/Harris/Dwight at the helm. While he could remain patient and let things play out organically, if he wanted to make a move he guarantees the capital AD has given him into a known elite commodity. Swoop with AD, Chandler, some draft capital and whatever Kobe could fetch him could honestly find himself in a better spot than he started.

Suns ReceiveSuperSonics Receive
Rashard LewisAl Horford
2 first round picks, 1 pick swapGilbert Arenas

I'll say this first, I don't even think I would make this trade, but having 3 max bigs on one team probably isn't the play and I thought it would be fun to throw this out there. The big pull to this trade for both sides is Suns diversify their roster, while the Sonics get an actual starting PG and now have the best defensive frontcourt by a mile. Q-Rich and Hedo are more than enough wing scoring so moving shard for those pieces make the most sense.

Bucks ReceiveNuggets Receive
Deron WilliamsRudy Fernandez
Udonis HaslemRicky Rubio

Rudy and Ricky just scream Hank players. I truly believe hank can UNLOCK Rudy F and Rubio is a great successor to Deron in Denver. Bucks can start moving forward with a Deron, ET backcourt and probably add some pieces in the off season to start making some noise. You could probably end up throwing a pick or cash one way or the other but honestly this might be my favorite trade I found.

Tell me who's getting fleeced out of these or do you think we could see one of these come to fruition soon?

Swope

Staff member
My first thought when joining and considering the move of Dwight and that id have to get a ridiculous offer including preferably the #1 pick..so far the Celtics are reluctant to move AD

Eberlicious

My first thought when joining and considering the move of Dwight and that id have to get a ridiculous offer including preferably the #1 pick..so far the Celtics are reluctant to move AD
Sounds like they don’t want Dwight badly enough then

Reactions: G9.