Sim 4 + ASW (S30)

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We're over halfway through the season, for $3.0M, predict the conference finals matchups, finals matchup and the winners. Give reasons for each team.

Each correct conference finals team gets your $0.25M, correct finals team gets you $0.50M and the correct finals winner gets you $1.0M

Cloud

Staff member
Sonics - Grizzlies, Sonics have a major advantage in the frontcourt

Hawks - Bulls, Hawks have the better team overall, most scoring potential

Sonics - Hawks, Sonics have beat the Hawks 2 out of 3 games this year and the 1 loss was by 1 point

Last edited:

Catdude

West:
Clippers - Thunder

East:
Hawks - Nets

Finals:
Thunder - Hawks

I actually think grizz won’t go all the way this year. I predict Clipps knock them out in round 2, possibly from an injury to one of their big three or Clippers taking advantage of the Grizz’s lack of big men.

Hawks look like the best team in the east to me among the wasteland that is the East. I don’t think the Nets can get it done. Bird just isn’t ready to carry that team yet.

Ultimately, Thunder take it led by AA and Shaq

Panic!

Grizzlies - Winner
Thunder

Hawks - Winner
Nets

Grizzlies - Winner
Hawks
Grizzlies win WCF ebcause they are way too good.
Thunder is here because they lead their division and they are good but not as good as Grizzlies.

Hawks and Nets lead their divisions. This is a coin flip. But I like the more balanced offense of the Hawks.

Grizzlies win because they are so good.

Xxplayerxx23

Grizz -Sonics best two teams out west. Nobody really that close to them. Thunder sure do stink
Sonics win.

Hawks Vs I guess nets. East stinks. I’d say good chance the hawks win

Sonics beat hawks in 6.

NCツ

Grizz - Sonics. Having top tier players takes you far in the playoffs and these teams have talent: Matt jones, Wes Unseld, Grant Hill, Dr. J. I think Sonics will utilize their front court to defeat the Grizzlies

Hawks - Bulls. Starpower once again will get these teams to conference finals. My Hawks probably win 60 if I ran balanced first half of season instead of outside with Hristo missing everything lol. Melo Trimble is the best guard in the east and that'll get the bulls here. I see the Hawks winning, but I truly think this is a toss up series

Hawks - Sonics. Elvin Hayes v. Wes Unseld. Cameron Ridley v. Shawn Long. Matt Jones v. Alessandro Gentile. Jalen West v. Juwan Staten. Rysheed Jordan v. Kevin Yebo. This would be a star powered finals, I see this going to game 7 and the Hawks repeating

FortsonBass

Grizz - Sonics

I feel the Sonics front court will overmatch the Grizzlies, and Rysheed Jordan will cancel out Dr. J’s greatness. I predict a hard fought 7 game series where the Sonics emerge victorious.

Hawks - Wizards

Wizards make a surprise run to the ECF after finishing as the 4 seed in the regular season, but the Hawks star power is just too strong.

Hawks - Sonics

The better version of the Sonics wins it all as they go back-to-back. NC will work his DC magic as the Hawks win in 5 due to their star power and better front court.

notail

Grizz - Sonics. I want to saw Grizz wins out from their Hill-Dr. J combo despite Sonic's front court advantage

Hawks - Bulls. Hawks given their depth and scoring potential

Hawks vs Grizz. I'll go with Hawks as they have the front court and scoring backcourt potential

mngopher35

Grizz-Sonics - Seems like the two top teams out West to me and I am going with Dr. J helping give Grizz advantage.

Hawks-Wizards - I think Hawks are the favorite here but Wiz have made some moves to get competitive fast.

Grizz over Hawks in finals - Dr J is ready to get another ring and looks crazy good, with Hill it is just too much they finally get it done.

The Godfather

Grizz / Sonics... Sonics W
Wiz/Pels... Pels W

Pels/Sonics. Sonics W

Sonics frontcourt is legit... Y'all sleeping on Pels... Sonics and more important Cloud seems motivated to once again rise to the top after I ranked him as the worst GM in the league....

Greeme

Grizz - Sonics. that is what everybody said

Hawks - Bulls. looks like that is what most people said

Hawks vs Grizz. I'll go with Hawks for no good reasn

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
Sonics vs Grizzlies - Top of the west is a bloodbath, but these are the most star studded teams. I think one of these teams wins it all and it can really go either way, but I give Sonics the edge with the superior front court.

Hawks vs Bulls - Hawks are the clear east favorite IMO, they haven’t taken any steps back since winning and Hayes is only getting better. Not a ton of competition out east either.

Sonics vs Hawks - Matt Jones gonna Matt Jones. Sonics have a little more star power than the Hawks this year

the_jon

East
Bulls vs Hawks - Hawks win
I feel these are the 2 best teams in the east. Nets arent quite there yet imo but they will be.

West
Grizz vs Thunder - Grizz win
Because I know it will annoy Cloud

Finals
Grizz defeat Hawks
Donkeys team is putting up an insane statistical season. Hard to see them losing

AiRuPtHeRe™

Grizzlies - Clippers
I like the Grizzlies wings. Not many teams have that fire power. They are kinda meh up front. clippers made a big move with cousin g9 to get some more front court help. Think that helps them a lot down the line.

Hawks - Bucks
East is pretty weak .. hawks are a lock if they stay healthy. I’ll go with Bucks because they always find a way to set up towards the end of the year.

hawks - Clippers
Gilmore vs Hayes is a dynamic matchup. I like the clippers here due to fire power, but the GM will likely miss the playoffs letting Atlanta win.

hokeyrules

East
Hawks vs Bulls - Hawks win
Both two of the best GMs in the league, and I think Hawks surprise the Bulls and advance.

West
Grizz vs Sonics

Grizz team are just so good, and I think they will defeat Cloud's team even though Cloud's team is also good.

Finals
Hawks defeat Grizzlies

As much as the Grizz are dominating they go all the way only to lose in 5 to the Hawks in the biggest upset since Dallas beat my Cavs

Username

the best
Hawks vs Bucks — hawks

Hawks win not just because their roster is better all around, but because of their FC. I would expect the series to go to 6 or 7 tho.

Clips - Grizz — Clips

I want my rematch whore and I’ll try to stay up to change my dc This time too.

Finals

Clippers - Hawks — Clippers

Hawks lack of defense on the wings will burn them imo, and Lucio is p hard to handle anyways. Artis and Hayes gonna cancel each other out. Gentile prob has a good series for the Hawks tho. Clips in a nail biter, 7 games.

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Eastern Conference:
Bulls Vs. Hawks
The two most well-rounded teams, who can get it done on both ends of the court. The Hawks are better defensively, but I think the Bulls have the most explosive player, in Melo Trimble, who can carry them in a series. The Hawks have Gentile, Hayes, Staten and Ridley who can all put together big games but none of them are going to score like Trimble.

Winner: Hawks
I think it's close but it comes down to if the Bulls can get Trimble matched up with Gibbs. That would be a huge advantage for them, if Staten is on Trimble then it's a completely different series. Additionally I'm not sure that Alex Owens can hold up against Hayes.

Western Conference:
Thunder Vs. Clippers
Let's get weird. I think Lucio Redivo is hungrier than ever this season, he's 30 and has been one of the best players in the league, but he doesn't have a ring yet. Artis is the guy who can get him that ring. For the Thunder, that one-two punch of Avramovic and Johnson could easily be enough to propel them into the conference finals.

Winner: Clippers
Artis would expose Poirier in this series, and his impact would be too much for the Thunder to overcome. It would be a really high scoring series.

Finals
Hawks Vs. Clippers
Winner: Clippers
The battle of the giants, Elvin Hayes versus Artis Gilmore. Artis has been here, he knows how to get it done, but it won't be easy. The Clippers get a lights out performance from Lucio though, and he is the difference maker in the series. Rowan Barrett is great on defense and is able to take Gentile out of the equation completely.