Sim 5 (S26)

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
For $3.0M, what is a trade you could see happen in the off-season (in real life)? Must provide reasoning.

Cloud

Staff member
I think the Jazz probably go ahead and try to move Rudy Gobert, his contract is up soon and as much as they wanna say the relationship with the team and Donovan Mitchell isn’t damaged, it’s probably some tension there still and always will be, just lost a 3-1 lead in the playoffs... probably time to try something else. I could see him going to the Raptors, defensive minded team that’s a nice spot for foreign players and they have Gasol and Ibaka set to hit FA this offseason as well so there’s a clear need at C.

Jazz Send:
Rudy Gobert

Raptors Send:
Norman Powell
Terrence Davis
2 1st Round Picks
2nd Round Pick

Last edited:

FortsonBass

Clippers send:
Paul George

76ers send:
Ben Simmons

Clippers hedge PG possibly leaving in 2021 FA and go younger for the future. The Simmons fit is questionable in Philly and the 76ers can try something different with Embiid/PG in terms of spacing. Clippers run Simmons as point 5 with Kawhi at the 5 and surround them with shooters. It helps both teams compete next season and helps the Clippers for the future.

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Clippers Trade:
Lou Williams
Ivaca Zubac
Rodney McGruder
Landry Shamet
Mfiondu Kabengele
First

Pelicans Trade:
Jrue Holiday

The Clippers have a third who can maybe help when PG13 stops scoring. The Pelicans shed salary and collect assets that fit their timeline. I can't imagine they can get a lot for Holiday given it's hard to contenders to match.

FortsonBass

Clippers Trade:
Lou Williams
Ivaca Zubac
Rodney McGruder
Landry Shamet
Mfiondu Kabengele
First

Pelicans Trade:
Jrue Holiday

The Clippers have a third who can maybe help when PG13 stops scoring. The Pelicans shed salary and collect assets that fit their timeline. I can't imagine they can get a lot for Holiday given it's hard to contenders to match.
Mavs can arguably beat that offer with Maxi, DFS, THJ, and 18

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
Jazz Trade:

Rudy Gobert

Knicks Trade:

Mitchell Robinson
salary filler (probably expirings)
Knicks 2020 1st (#8 I I think)

Would be a truly awful trade for the Knicks because Mitch Rob is dope, but my inner "lolKnicks" can't help but think they try to win now and make another dumb shortsighted move. Makes a ton of sense for the Jazz because there's locker room conflict with Gobert, and Mitchell Robinson is a nice prospect who is already a solid rim runner, along with getting a lotto pick.

Panic!

S&T Montrezl Harrell

For

Delon Wright

Clippers would want something back if Montrezl leaves. Reggie Jackson won't be back next year. Patrick Beverley is incapable of running the offense. Mavs would shed some useless salary for cap space to sign another guy.

monta8curry

Warriors Receive: Gi---jk

OKC Trades: Chris Paul
MIL Trades: Eric Bledsoe, Brook Lopez, Ersan Ilyasova, Robin Lopez, 2nd Round Pick

OKC gets to dump CP3's contract for a more manageable one in Bledsoe. Milwaukee in win now mode trying to convince Giannis to stay long-term gets someone who can run an offense in the half-court.

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
Levert
Allen
Dinwiddie
pick

gobert

jazz might want to look in to moving gobert so getting a discounted younger replacement and Allen and another good young scorer to pair with oven might be tempting

nets add a 3rd to supreme offensive stars with arguably the best defender in the game and would make them tough to beat

Cloud

Staff member
Levert
Allen
Dinwiddie
pick

gobert

jazz might want to look in to moving gobert so getting a discounted younger replacement and Allen and another good young scorer to pair with oven might be tempting

nets add a 3rd to supreme offensive stars with arguably the best defender in the game and would make them tough to beat
That’s a really nice package, a package you get a really top tier guy like Embiid or Harden or Giannis with

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
That’s a really nice package, a package you get a really top tier guy like Embiid or Harden or Giannis with
I think gobert a better fit than Harden honestly, and idk if 76ers or bucks would want to deal those guys in conference like that. I’d argue gobert is even a better fit then embiid

BradS4President

Magicians
Hawks in: Brad Beal

Wizards in: Deandre Hunter, Cam Reddish or Kevin Huerter, Damian Jones, 2020 First (Projected 6th Overall), 2022 First (From OKC) 2023 2nd

Get Beal the heck out of Washington. A Young/Beal backcourt would be fun, albeit no defense to speak of. At least you have Capela and Collins clogging up the middle. You keep Reddish or Huerter, whoever you dont deal to Washington. The Hawks have the cap space to acquire him with their young roster

For the Wizards you get to reset. Get two young players, plus whoever you select with that top ten pick. Who knows what OKC will look like in two seasons, making the 2022 Pick a potential asset. Brad Beal is a stud, and should have been named All-NBA, but he isnt going to win in Washington and the Wizards need a big shakeup with John Wall a big question mark.

notail

Bradley Beal for devin booker. Both teams haven’t had a good season in a long time and I think a change of teams can spark both teams. Beal is older both certainly in his prime and I think booker can be the new centerpiece of Dc.

cavsfan817

Staff member
CP3 is for sure going to Milwaukee for Bledsoe + fillers and a future. Milwaukee has to do everything that they can to appease Giannis, and they should've made the move prior to this season if we are being real. OKC doesn't want to keep Paul and they're going to go the rebuild direction, despite making the playoffs. CP3's value has been rehabilitated and it'll only go down from here as he adds more years on his body and his contract grows.

Curry

Administrator
Administrator
Decided to go a bit unconventional to differ from other people.

Clippers trade:
PG
Shamet
Zubac

Rockets Trade:
Harden

Rockets are going to look to offload salary and can then flip PG who is an expiring to save cap space and get out the Harden deal. Shamet and Zubac will never be stars or anything but they're decent prospects that give the Rockets more assets to try to get some picks back and restart.

Greeme

nets move kyrie
for
whatever they can get.
he can score but he is a cancer. here is the door

hokeyrules

Toronto trade
FVV
Serge Ibaka

Chicago trade
Wendell Carter
1st round pick in 2022
Fillers

Chicago will want to bring a hard working home town talent, make a push, along with a great defender in Ibaka. Toronto gets pieces for a talent they would have lost in free agency.

Cloud

Staff member
Toronto trade
FVV
Serge Ibaka

Chicago trade
Wendell Carter
1st round pick in 2022
Fillers

Chicago will want to bring a hard working home town talent, make a push, along with a great defender in Ibaka. Toronto gets pieces for a talent they would have lost in free agency.
FVV and Ibaka both free agents can’t be traded

The Godfather

Clippers Trade:
Lou Williams
Ivaca Zubac
Rodney McGruder
Landry Shamet
Mfiondu Kabengele
First

Pelicans Trade:
Jrue Holiday

I was actually going to say Jrue to LAC... this makes sense