Sim 6 S&U (S23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukaSZN

Take away the Bucks, Lakers, Clippers, Rockets, and Thunder (CP3)

Which remaining player gets the biggest bump if their team won the title this year and why.

3M

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
if kemba shows out in his first real chance at the playoffs and Celtics win I think he’d get a major boost in the pg rankings

Cloud

Staff member
Obvious answer feels like Ben Simmons no? Maybe Donovan Mitchell?

G9.

Pistons GM
Kind of agree with hokey if Lowry is balling out but it would be hard to argue against someone like Mitchell or the duo of Simmons/Embiid. The magnitude of the bump isn't going to be that much different for any of these guys - it'd be huge for all of them.

BradS4President

Magicians
You look at Joel Embiid and say... damn you should be winning ships with the talent you possess... You are one of the best bigs, if not the most talented bigs in the a game.. Seven Feet tall with long arms, can shoot the three... But you havent gotten the Sixers to that level yet... For those reasons, I have to say that Im going with Embiid (Stephen A. Smith Voice)

Reactions: G9.

Foreman

I agree with the Simmons/Embiid, Lowry, and Mitchell talk, but I want to give a different name.

Jimmy Butler. Feel like he's never really been looked at fully as a superstar that can lead a team, and a ring could change that perspective

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
The Celtics are deep enough that it's hard to give a single player credit, but I think Jayson Tatum would rise in superstar perception if he led the Celtics to victory

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It's definitely Grayson Allen. If he is able to lead the Grizzlies to the promised land, his reputation swings all the way from being a serial tripper to a future hall of famer. Everything is on the line for him here. He dropped 13 points on 50% shooting from 3 against the Timberwolves back on December 1st, his stock is at an all-time high. In that same game he shot 100% from the line. He's coming.

mngopher35

I think Jimmy Butler is probably the answer for me, maybe partly because of how limited time he has for this bump and also just because I feel he has been getting kinda a rep based on later career too. He always seems left out of superstar talk at the very top and has been moving team to team without them fighting to keep him etc. I think winning one would be a pretty massive bump to his legacy and how he gets viewed down the road as opposed to if he just fizzles out and is what most see him as now pretty good but not that elite guy/maybe with some issues added.

I love Kemba so like that idea too but Celtics too stacked and Tatum likely gets a lot of recognition too.

LukaSZN

I wasn't thinking Butler but Foreman makes a good point. And people can't seem to realize Heat are just a good team, so if they win he'd get all the credit.

cavsfan817

Staff member
Obviously the teams at the very bottom would have the biggest bump, but if I were to try to keep it somewhat realistic and pick a team that has an (outside) shot, I'd go with Philly. So much turmoil, and if they're able to pull through they silence all of the haters. I don't think that Embiid and Simmons are a fit, but if they are able to pull this off nobody would be able to argue it going forward.

the_jon

When Jimmy Butler is on, hes a top 5 player with no doubt in my mind. Probably an unpopular opinion but I've seen him single handedly destroy my team so many times in every possible way that I just believe it now. Think about the Raptors run last year...who was their toughest matchup? Answer: Jimmy Butler by himself. Simmons was meh and Embiid was completely awful yet they were 1 shot away from defeating the eventual champions. And that was the series Kawhi really stood out in too, and we all consider him a top 3 or 4 player right? Kawhi had more help by a lot. Jimmy is a stud.

Status
Not open for further replies.