S18 Sim 3 S&U

Eberlicious

For 4M

Inspired by a group me conversation earlier last week. Tell us the one player you tried to acquire more than others that their GM vastly overvalued in your opinion.

Or

Tell us about the smallest detail you've had a trade either nearly die or die on.

FortsonBass

Moustapha Fall. Beats wouldn’t trade me him for Cole but I got him for Bateer Mengke shortly ago.

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
There have been many occasions over the years where bigger deals get snagged up over cash or something stupid. Usually cuz of a petty contest between the gms

hokeyrules

Most recent trade that I was willing to die on was Dave Robisch to the Knicks. Almost passed on getting Dower and Wesley

notail

Think I had a trade with wizards that involved Cole for Malone die cuz of one wizard pick. Not the biggest given that’s a late pick, but I wanted it nonetheless

Reactions: G9.

G9.

Pistons GM
I liked demanding cash from GB because he had like 200M at one point in here I think

Kings

Ty
Had a trade nearly die because of a Bulls swap. You bet your ass I wanted that 28th pick

Cloud

Staff member
Not recent but I have had several instances in the past with scott and gabe where a deal gets held up over some trivial amount of cash like $4M or a 2nd round pick.

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
Since I've come back I don't think anyone has vastly overrated their players in dealing with me because I haven't had a lot of assets to offer.

But I've definitely been guilty of overrating the market for my own players when I first took over the Blazers because I didn't have a good feel for player value yet. Could've gotten Len Bias and 2 picks for Jalen Weaver if I had dealt him earlier

AiRuPtHeRe™

Most recent was probably trying to acquire Ziaire Williams. Offered Aidan, Saddi & Emoni Bates and was countered to add Vujosevic and something else. Ziaire ain't the same dude he was.

the_jon

I cant remember any specific instance but if it was stupid and trivial it most likely would involve henny

NCツ

Hokey holding onto his 2 futures / 2 swaps he owned of mine. I was willing to gut my roster one off season for them back so I could tank and he wouldn't even consider it. The guys I was willing to move him were Barnes, Abram, Dain, Zion...

Also Jon with the Warriors treated Terrance Clare, Devin Askew, and Tyreek Smith like the next greatest thing. It took sooooooo much negotiation to get him to move me just Clarke lol

Username

the best
Idk Zach norvell just comes to mind when thinking of a player like that.

Anyways I could’ve moved Malone for Cole but I didn’t and maybe I should’ve