S14 Sim 1 S&U

Eberlicious

For 6M;

Tell us which trade offer you have declined, that in hindsight really wish you had Accepted. What do you think the path of your team would have looked like in comparison.

Hawks claim 2M extra for the great suggestion.

Eberlicious

Not an exact number, But I had the nuggets snoop around for Christian Brown after he went +5 the first TC. Floating around a couple first round picks. Might not of made a huge difference. probably would of gotten moved in the Maxey deal anyway

AiRuPtHeRe™

Probably Jayson Tatum + Mo Bamba for James Wiseman - Jalen Johnson. Ended getting Tatum anyways but Bamba would have been a solid replacement going forward.

Cloud

Staff member
98% of the trades are my idea anyways, so there are very few instances to choose from in terms of things I’ve turned down. But it’s easily from season 3 in LA, when hank approaches me about Anthony Davis for Nico Mannion, Yoeli Childs, Scottie Lewis, Pelicans 22, Pelicans 24, Bucks 25 right to swap, #14, #17 and #30 (those picks became Wendell Moore, Cassius Stanley and Kyle Guy) for Anthony Davis. I was angling to get Paul George with Scottie Lewis so I was hesitant on adding him and then hank wanted to dump like $30M in bad contracts in Gallinari and Lowry in as well and I was telling him I can’t waste my cap on them and it leaves me with just AD and I didn’t wanna do that but he refused to negotiate so I said I’ll pass.

I ended up winning a title like 2 years later anyways by using all those guys in separate deals to build a really fucking awesome team, so I can’t regret it too much but I would’ve absolutely murdered him in that deal especially since he never would’ve drafted Cassius, Wendell or Guy at those picks and Lewis busted and Mannion and Yoeli never really lived up to their potential.

Think I used Mannion and Yoeli to get Kawhi, I used those picks to get Capela, and I used Lewis to get Middleton, I used Cassius to get Jordan Bell, I used Wendell to get Caris LeVert, and Guy was a role player on the title team. So in the end it may have even been the right move to turn it down because it allowed me to build a powerhouse but having like 7 years of AD would’ve been nice too

Eberlicious

98% of the trades are my idea anyways, so there are very few instances to choose from in terms of things I’ve turned down. But it’s easily from season 3 in LA, when hank approaches me about Anthony Davis for Nico Mannion, Yoeli Childs, Scottie Lewis, Pelicans 22, Pelicans 24, Bucks 25 right to swap, #14, #17 and #30 (those picks became Wendell Moore, Cassius Stanley and Kyle Guy) for Anthony Davis. I was angling to get Paul George with Scottie Lewis so I was hesitant on adding him and then hank wanted to dump like $30M in bad contracts in Gallinari and Lowry in as well and I was telling him I can’t waste my cap on them and it leaves me with just AD and I didn’t wanna do that but he refused to negotiate so I said I’ll pass.

I ended up winning a title like 2 years later anyways by using all those guys in separate deals to build a really fucking awesome team, so I can’t regret it too much but I would’ve absolutely murdered him in that deal especially since he never would’ve drafted Cassius, Wendell or Guy at those picks and Lewis busted and Mannion and Yoeli never really lived up to their potential.

Think I used Mannion and Yoeli to get Kawhi, I used those picks to get Capela, and I used Lewis to get Middleton, I used Cassius to get Jordan Bell, I used Wendell to get Caris LeVert, and Guy was a role player on the title team. So in the end it may have even been the right move to turn it down because it allowed me to build a powerhouse but having like 7 years of AD would’ve been nice too
That would of been a haul.

The Godfather

I tried to get an aging AD from Daulten for 4 1st + matching and he wouldnt do it..2 of thise picks became mid lottos .. Then before I could approach him in the off-season he traded AD to OKC I believe and voila 2 ships followed... I may add AD went for less than I offered so was sort of pissed at Daulten then..

Catdude

The one trade I really regret not jumping on was when GB offered me WCJ for Pippen and Bell a couple seasons ago. I was kicking myself after that next TC because WCJ just got even better and Pippen declined and then I ended up not even retaining him.

Cloud

Staff member
The one trade I really regret not jumping on was when GB offered me WCJ for Pippen and Bell a couple seasons ago. I was kicking myself after that next TC because WCJ just got even better and Pippen declined and then I ended up not even retaining him.
Skylar for Orelik and picks

hokeyrules

Honestly the only trade I really regret was

https://fantasysportsdaily.net/forums/threads/warriors-cavaliers.1130/#post-35006

In the end I messed up pick 12 drafting Antonio Pena, and Terrence Clarke was decent, but I had other offers on, and then Zion Harmon was decent, but I overpaid to keep him on my team then lost him for pretty much nothing.

All the other deals that I was offered from other teams in other deals I would still say I took the right deal, and things always worked out, but maybe Kawhi is the only one where getting specific picks from teams rather than what I turned Mannion, Culver and Vucevic into may have been a decent option.

NCツ

Like Cloud I initiate 98% of any trade discussions I have so I don't really recall any deals I regret not doing. 2 off seasons ago Cloud came to me about a Culver / Zion swap that I declined, probably wish I would have done it. I chose not to because I was at the time running an inside/balanced scoring scheme and just acquired Zion to be the centerpiece of the offense, but only had him for 1 sim. So I wanted a full season to see if it could work, and it kinda did we made the playoffs and had a good regular season.... but looking back, getting Culver to run outside/balanced with Abram/Scottie would have probably been the better option.

Kings

Ty
Can't really think of anything I'm sure I'm overlooking some offers I had. The one that comes to mind was Cade Cunningham for the 14th pick one year. He ended up sitting in FA and getting deleted by the game like 2 seasons later. Would have at least gotten an asset out of him

the_jon

I dont think theres ever been a deal I turned away that I regret. Although way back in like season 2 I was trying to get Xavier Tillman from the mavs. We seemed close on a deal but I wanted more. He was dangling a few guys, most notably Nikos Arsenopoulos. I basically told him Nikos was shit and would never really amount to much. Whoops lol

Kings

Ty
Another one was Buddy and Vuc for 2 firsts including my first back, Robert Williams and Marcus Smart. Coulda done that and rebuilt but I thought the Fox/Buddy/Wiggins/Bagley/Vuc core would be nice. Fox and Bagley busted and Buddy walked a season or two later lol

Kings

Ty
Jaden McDaniels
Oumar Ballo
Nikos Arsenopoulos
2024 or 2028 right to swap
5m

For

Bagley

Actually this right here was the best offer I passed on. Nikos was pretty raw at the time but If i did that and kept a core of Nikos/Norvell/Simi/Bam could have added some pieces and we would have been nice

Mentch

There’s no deals I dont regret not making cuz I don’t tend to get ripped off, so I usually don’t offer or accept offers unless I’m set on making the trade

Eberlicious

I dont think theres ever been a deal I turned away that I regret. Although way back in like season 2 I was trying to get Xavier Tillman from the mavs. We seemed close on a deal but I wanted more. He was dangling a few guys, most notably Nikos Arsenopoulos. I basically told him Nikos was shit and would never really amount to much. Whoops lol
The irony

cavsfan817

Staff member
Too new to rejoining to have a trade that I wish I wouldn't have turned down (the only trade offer prior to this offseason was Henry trying to send me a bunch of meh picks, a backup, and Rui for Jason Kidd). I had initiated a trade to grab Jayson Tatum from Air this offseason, but I decided to pull back on it. Time will tell if that ends up being a move that bites me, however for what was on the table I wasn't sure if it was the right move to push chips in and make a "go for it" play when there are still some powerhouse teams on the loose.

LukaSZN

I don’t know if there’s a single trade I moved on that someone offered me first?

So, I’ll change this. I offered Tatum for T.J. Warren and like DeShawn Sims one season, EMac declines and I’m glad he did lmao.

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
I don’t really have any that come to mind.

on the flip side it would be interesting how the wiz would have shaken out without the Barrett or Cole trades even. We would have had a hard time retaining everyone but if we now had a starting lineup of Nash-Iverson-aguerre-Malik-Chism with some good bench pieces we would probably be a really competitive team still and would’ve been a more than satisfactory homegrown scenario.

G9.

Pistons GM
Here is my offer:

Hawks send:
Jabari Parker
Willie Cauley Stein
FA bet signing
FA bet signing
FA vet signing
2023 Hawks 1st round pick
2025 Hawks 1st round pick right to pick swap)
2027 Hawks first round pick
2029 Hawks first round pick

Mavs send:
Donovan Mitchell