Free Agency (S8)

Cheddar

To me the biggest risks so far are the Hawks signing Clarke to a big deal and the Bulls signing Bam to a big deal.

Clarke can be a very good player, so with a nice TC he can definitely live up to that contract. At 29, Bam probably is what he is. A double-double player in starters minutes. Seems like a good role guy, but not sure he is worth the 30+M a year he got. My guess is he will be trade bait.

Cloud

Staff member
Top 5 targets if you had some cap space.

GO

Oh this is fun

Terrence Clarke... I really did want him that wasn’t fake talk in the chat despite what Henny thinks

Victor Oladipo ... my team really just needs a “dude” on the wing that can be a really good 2 way player and reliable as an option

Spender Dinwiddie .... same reasoning as Oladipo, he would have played SG for us but I think he’d still be really effective

Andrew Wiggins... could probably be a pretty good scorer with a guy like Keeshawn feeding him

Shareef O’Neal.... feel like you can throw him at SF/PF/C in a pinch and get solid production out of him and just has a solid build after that last TC, tho I am concerned about regression here.

Also just really like Jaden Hardy, tho he doesn’t have a great fit for my team

WBU?

Cloud

Staff member
To me the biggest risks so far are the Hawks signing Clarke to a big deal and the Bulls signing Bam to a big deal.

Clarke can be a very good player, so with a nice TC he can definitely live up to that contract. At 29, Bam probably is what he is. A double-double player in starters minutes. Seems like a good role guy, but not sure he is worth the 30+M a year he got. My guess is he will be trade bait.

I hate the Bam deal, like, a lot. He’s been one of the most overrated bigs in the league for a handful of years and I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I’ve turned down trade offers with him in it. Doesn’t produce to his ratings at all. Never understood the hype. If you were to get him at 15M I like it but a full max is so bad

Kings

Ty
I hate the Bam deal, like, a lot. He’s been one of the most overrated bigs in the league for a handful of years and I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I’ve turned down trade offers with him in it. Doesn’t produce to his ratings at all. Never understood the hype. If you were to get him at 15M I like it but a full max is so bad
Wasn't too concerned about losing Bam when I had him. 15M would've been nice

Cheddar

I agree, Bam can be a useful player but that contract seems to compromise him. I offered him my MLE and thought he may get a bit more than that or maybe like a 1 year 20+M deal. Though I can understand why Ebbs did it, it seems inevitable that you can move any contract if necessary.