Sim 1 (S10)

Nate

Staff member
The following teams can partake in the sim question for submitting a DC.

With the NFL Draft tomorrow, which team currently outside the top ten is most likely to trade within the top five. Provide your reasoning.

Claim $4 Mill

Atlanta Hawks
Boston Celtics
Chicago Bulls
Cleveland Cavaliers
Dallas Mavericks
Denver Nuggets
Detroit Pistons
Golden State Warriors
Houston Rockets
Indiana Pacers
Los Angeles Lakers
Memphis Grizzlies
Miami Heat
Milwaukee Bucks
Minnesota Timberwolves
Oklahoma City Thunder
Orlando Magic
Philadelphia 76ers
Portland Trailblazers
Sacramento Kings
San Antonio Spurs
Toronto Raptors
Utah Jazz
Washington Wizards

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
It’s definitely the Broncos or Vikings. I’d say Vikings are more likely because they are actually a QB away from being solid, and have both 11/23 to use to move up. Broncos are still too many pieces away for moving up to be a smart move.

Foreman

Vikings is my pick as well. Having an extra first helps if they wanted to make a move. Feel like they'll try and do something big to make sure JJ doesn't want out

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
Vikings are an obvious choice. I think raiders maybe because their qb situation is pretty horrendous. Broncos also a good one.

brooks

Thunder
I thought we were done with questions. People rarely read this.
Vikings. They have the ammo to get it done and desperately need a QB.

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The most likely is definitely the Vikings based on all the reporting, given they are in need of a quarterback. They have the best odds currently to get JJ which implies a trade up.

If not them, the Broncos could but maybe they're happy with Zach Wilson. So the next best team is the Raiders who still need their quarterback of the future. They're a prime candidate to trade up and way overdraft someone like Penix.

Nate

Staff member
To be different I will say the Denver Broncos. It'll take a lot but they can package PS2 with futures to get it done. They're more desperate than anyone and currently their best quarterback is Zach Wilson.

leflop

I don't know much about the nfl. I think the chargers trade out to the Bengals and get one of the guys that made a trade request recently and also get draft capital back

Cloud

Staff member
I mean I think it has to be the Vikings right ? That’s been the biggest rumor for the longest time. Maybe Denver falls in love with a QB though and wants to sneak in there though. Could also see the Raiders making some sense. You assume you’re only really trading up for a QB and all of these teams are sketchy at best in the QB room right now and need that long term guy to build around so these are the easiest and most logical guesses.

AiRuPtHeRe™

As others have said, the Vikings. They need/want a QB and simply can't stay where they are at, unless they want to settle for Penix.

Hooper

Well, its the Vikings. They specifically acquired a second first round pick to make a move into 3, 4, 5, or 6

Xxplayerxx23

Minnesota probably. They traded up for 23. Maybe Denver if the rumors are true. But I’d still stick with Minnesota