Sim 4 S&U

LukaSZN

For 3M:

Which player is being used most poorly, why?

Which player is exceeding their ratings the most, why?

Which team is being ran most poorly, why?

Greeme

Russell Westbrook. he is starting at pg when he should be on the bench
jaylen brown. I mean his %s aren't great but they aren't horrid and 22 ppg/8 rpg for his ratings is great. Probably a function of who he plays with mostly though
okc. they should be competing for a ring with pg and adams as well as solid role players such as warren and grant. unless he is trying to lose and then he is doing a great job tanking. Westbrook and no bigs besides adams is killing them.

LukaSZN

Donovan Mitchell was my first thought but I'll say Russell Westbrook, he's a hindrance to OKC in their current system but he could be good elsewhere.

Dare I say Maxey? It's not that he's not good, he is but he's just getting all the volume on a B.S. squad.

The Thunder have way too much talent to sit and fuck around like they have been. Make some fucking moves. At least they have their picks.

Eberlicious

1. Russ needs to be put somewhere that isnt PG, too many TOs

2.Jahil Okafor is balling out more so then what it would look like.

3.Thunder should be better. Especially if PG is a top 5 player like people claim

the_jon

I looked around and tried to find an answer others havent given but honestly its Westbrook. He should be at SG if not on the bench. I think hes the single biggest reason that OKC has struggled. No defense, outside efficiency and sky high tos is a bad, bad recipe.

I'm gonna say Robert Williams of the Celtics. His per 36 of 13.2 ppg and 11.7 rpg with 3.2 bpg is insane given his meh looking ratings. Seems to be very gifted athletically and still young, he could be a big time player one day.

OKC. Should be a top 4 seed with that roster but no trades and Westbrook at pg is killing them. They really need another big or to rebuild.

Cloud

Staff member
1. People saying Westbrook are wrong. He just isn’t good. Handles are bad, he’s a volume shooter with poor efficiency, doesn’t play any defense. All around bad combo. I can buy the “he should be at SG or a 6th man” argument but meh, still is majorly flawed.

I’ll take Marvin Bagley. He’s doing pretty pedestrian numbers for a really bad Kings team. With his skill set he should be one of the most prolific offensive 4’s in the league. I understand the Kings are trying to tank and they’ve got a TO machine in Fox at PG, but even in the past couple of seasons he hasn’t done much and I believe they were trying to win then too. Overall he’s been a pretty huge disappointment.

2. Malcolm Brogdon. He looks like a low volume backup wing off first glance but he’s a legitimate all-star at PG.

3. I hate to parrot the group here but how is it not OKC? That team sucks so badly and is in the west which also suck.... that team should be a top 4 seed automatically

notail

- Despite averaging 23/6/10 with 2 steals , Westbrook's poor shooting and TO leads me to believe he would be better served as a SG. As much number he is producing as a PG, I think he is doing more harm with those 4.5 TOs/game.

Jaylen Brown for me. B- C+ rating leading to 22/8/3 is quite impressive. Given his athletic nature, I figured his true scoring rating would be something closer to C+ C+ which is not that great for a SF.

I have to admit Jazz is not ran poorly given they have arguably the best defensive big along with a nice young player in Donovan. But we have been playing better with Rui and Buddy's emergence. I'd gotta say OKC is worse given they have Paul George on their team, but at the bottom of the west.

Emac

1. Ben Simmons should probably be playing PF. However the 76ers are one of the best teams. So what do I know?

2. Jaylen Brown is playing way better than his ratings. He’s probably closer to B B- is my guess.

3. The Thunder could probably be decent if they just had any depth whatsoever in their front court.

G9.

Pistons GM

Russell Westbrook. Should experiment with him at SG or as a super-sub or something. Try and minimize those turnovers and maximize his scoring ability.

I'm gonna go with Robert Williams of the Celtics. Maybe not the /most/, but certainly somewhat. B- across the board but averaging a double double and among the league leaders in blocked shots. Pretty solid for the rookie.

Dallas Mavericks. They traded a lot of picks and young assets in the most recent off-season since they don't have their pick this year. Yet, they still suck. Among the projected top 5, without their pick, and without those assets. A really poor wave of trades there for the Mavericks near the end of that off-season.

The Godfather

Russell Westbrook... I mean come on 4.5 TOs.. make a DC that cuts those by 1 which means SG and maybe even non-option and 18ppg with 2 TOs is a lot better than 20 with 4.5

I think Bamba on Bulls is having himself a great season despite C+ ratings across the board.. He has given the Bulls a destroyer down low..

OKC, hands down... I mean PG/Adams/Russ thats about as solid a 3 headed monster can be.. yet here we are.. in suckville

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
Oladipo. He’s going to pg next sim. Fuck the turnovers let him run wild

Gonna go outside the box a little and say Barrett. He’s got real good ratings don’t get me wrong but his production is insane. This is only the beginning lol

Jazz should’ve made some moves by now. They had pieces to get good rebuilding stuff or could build something around oven and gobert and just done neither

ColdJ3

Russell Westbrook. Gotta go with the consensus. Personally would try him out at SG ideally next to a pure PG. Might not even need to be an option. Anything to tone down those turnovers

Jaylen Brown. His volume just exploded out of nowhere. If he could improve on his shooting a bit, could be very good. But still for a B- C+ scorer to be contributing like that to a winning team, impressive. Plus Greeme loves him too, so thats enough for me.

OKC. Pretty easy to see. A team that talented shouldnt be near the bottom of the weak West. Very little cap flexibility too

hokeyrules

Has to be Russell Westbrook. His turnover ratio is so high, that if he can't perform at PG maybe try him at SG.

Jahil Okafor has been a monster for Cleveland, and he is not thought of as being a top C in the game, and yet before he got inured he was near the top in a few of the big defensive statistics. That being said he is also going to lead Cleveland to the playoffs.

OKC, that team should not be last, that team should be top 5 in the league, not just in the west. I am sure things will change next season, but they need to figure out what is going wrong.

Panic!

Devin Booker should be a SG. Will never win with him at PG.

Jaylen Hands has good numbers.

Pistons. I failed in my first two drafts. Will bounce back though. For sure.

Mentch

I never thought I’d say this but I actually agree with panic on this one. Devin Booker turns it over a ton at PG, even if he does have some nice volume to compensate

Jaylen Brown. Most players with B- C+ scoring aren’t 20+ ppg players. It helps that there aren’t a lot of scoring options around him but his numbers might come back to earth now with the arrival of jimmy butler

Gotta agree with everyone else here that the Thunder shouldn’t have twice as many losses as wins. This was a (basically) 50 win team last year and they didn’t change any major areas of their team. The T.J. Warren injury is unfortunate but that alone shouldnt be this big of a swing

dwightcoward

Trae Young should definitely be in a team where he's the starting PG and the first option. Give him to me, I don't care about TOs or defense.

Jaylen Hands is kinda crazy. C B- C+ C D+ point guards from the end of leftover should not average 15pts 6asts and 2stls. And his numbers were even greater when I was playoffable. I also agree that RJ Barrett is exceeding his ratings by far. Bamba's 2.6bpg with C+ defense is also nuts.

Any team in the .500 area with no top prospect. Jazz future don't look very bright. Lakers aren't going anywhere. Not sure about Celtics or Nets either.

AiRuPtHeRe™

Ben Simmons. When you have guys like Brad Beal, Tobias Harris and Joel Embiid they should be in an outside focus system. In an outside focus system, you can't have Ben Simmons as a starter. Simmons should be in a inside offense. The Sixers would be very interesting with a Ben Simmons for Devin Booker trade. *EYES*

Jaxon Hayes. With C+ C defensive ratings, for him to average 2.5 BPG off the bench is pretty impressive. He's a player that probably shouldn't be getting major minutes with those kinds of ratings. Looking at the entire Cavaliers roster, Jahlil Okafor and Courtney Ramey are two others who are overproducing considering their ratings.

This is more so due to a past GM, but the Mavericks. Them trading Luka and KP for Trae Young was such a bad trade. .G9 has done a good job trying to rebuild them.

Kings

Ty
1. People saying Westbrook are wrong. He just isn’t good. Handles are bad, he’s a volume shooter with poor efficiency, doesn’t play any defense. All around bad combo. I can buy the “he should be at SG or a 6th man” argument but meh, still is majorly flawed.

I’ll take Marvin Bagley. He’s doing pretty pedestrian numbers for a really bad Kings team. With his skill set he should be one of the most prolific offensive 4’s in the league. I understand the Kings are trying to tank and they’ve got a TO machine in Fox at PG, but even in the past couple of seasons he hasn’t done much and I believe they were trying to win then too. Overall he’s been a pretty huge disappointment.

2. Malcolm Brogdon. He looks like a low volume backup wing off first glance but he’s a legitimate all-star at PG.

3. I hate to parrot the group here but how is it not OKC? That team sucks so badly and is in the west which also suck.... that team should be a top 4 seed automatically
Bagley really isn't that special. He's Kemp from a few leagues ago. You can get more volume out of him in a better fitting offense but the efficiency isn't there. 13 PPG on 43% reveals his issue a little bit. I agree though he is being misused for the tank

Kings

Ty
1. I agree with Westbrook and Booker here. Both better suited at SG. Can argue Fox here as well. He isn't special but he would be much better at SG

2 Jaylen Brown is outperforming his ratings. Most guards with his ratings are lacking in quickness/handles so we don't see that type of production from those base ratings very often. Jaxon Hayes is outperforming his defensive ratings which likely means he is average/awful on defense but blocks a lot of shots.

3. Kings. Should have flipped Fox/Bagley early but the homerism motivated me to keep them. Couple of mediocre seasons to start because I didnt flip them for a star

mngopher35

1. Booker at SG but it seems like that is probably for tanking purposes. Westy and Fox have arguments but I am not really sure how great they would be at sg either tbh.

2. I think Jaylen is a good answer here, I expected his scoring to boost with me but not to this extent. He is likely fringe both inside/outside (he went -1 outside last tc) but even so normally don't see this volume.

3. Feels like it has to be OKC here. Pretty good starting situation with a lot of talent outside of westbrook but just hasn't done much/is tanking with PG/Adams/Warren etc.