Some stuff to read.

Xxplayerxx23

Best situations to win right away
1- Pistons. I mean talk about pushing the chips in. How much better can you get than Lebron/KD Two of the best players, old sure but neither have to go through tc year 1.

Then you add a guy that can get them the ball in Chris Paul. The window is short but I expect the pistons to be as good if not the best right off the bat. Have to be careful with some cap from here on out but off to an elite ass start.

2- Twolves. Went on and got as elite a duo as you can get. Butler and Dame are stars and have everything you need to win in fbb. Third round adding a quality starting big in Robert Williams who showed some really good stats in both test sims off the bench in just 21 mins a game. I expect him to be a really good double double guy with over 1.5 blocks per game. Great start for the wolves

3- kings. May surprise some people being this high but I think PG/Fox is a great duo and fit very well. I also think KP fits perfect and is a really quality big. Very good start if you can add a good rebounding/defensive big to this team I think you have a good shot at being right there to win it all early.

4- 76ers. Donkey has come to play so far. Really like the way he built his team so far. Elite big right off the bat in sabonis, two elite two way wings in Brown and Two way Wig. I expect them to be in the thick of things right off the bat

5- Jazz. Solid start for swaggy. Dudes a nut job but have to give some credit to the way he’s built the team so far. Steph is as good as they come, vuce is a very good big right off the bat and Demar looks like a player. Really like the idea of going star PG star big and star wing it’s the way I try to build teams up. We will see what kind of dc he runs but nice start.

6- Raptors- Really love the 2 bigs you went with. AD and Brook do everything you want in fbb and CJ looked like he could be a really solid PG in the test file. That’s an ideal start to building a contender. Will be interesting to see what wings you can grab but I think a few will be there for the taking when you guys pick again.

7- Warriors. Could have prob been higher. Lot of the trios are really close there’s some teams that I haven’t even listed on any of these that I liked but I don’t have all day to write up on each team. Anyway really like the Leonard/lavine duo. Really explosive combo there and then Bobby is a solid big on a good contract. It’s a good start and I think the duo separates you from some of the other teams I debated putting on here. Maybe you won’t suck this iteration. Time will tell

Teams I didn’t love right off the bat

1- Bucks- While I think Notail is as elite a gm as almost any in our league I was confused with the him going scoot that early. I do like Nurk and Pascal but I feel like If you are going scoot 1 I would have went young all the way around. Pascal being a UFA at the end of the year is also tough seeing as he will likely get a max contract. I 100% believe he will build a great team going forward just not the greatest start imo

2- Nets. I’m kind of surprised Jason would be on a list of teams I don’t like. Yeah….. but anyway JJJ is solid and has a good contract but I don’t think he’s where I would have went with all the talent on the board. I respect going younger and stuff but garland was a big time reach. Don’t even have to wait for pick 3 to put you on this list. I’m sure you’ll figure some stuff out. Prob win the first lotto we have just the way things work with SWOPE.

3- Pacers. Jokic is the best player on the file I’m sure you’ll be pretty competitive here for a long time but going Brandon Miller a raw player with no tc his first year is a head scratcher when you have a superstar like Jokic in place. Waiting on miller to turn into a star is just weird with Jokic there. I think harden was a solid choice even though he’s expiring and will cost a ton to bring back, but at least he made sense with Jokic. Going miller over some of the stars that were available was a move I question and it’s why you are on this list

4- rockets. So I just find the team to be a little weirdly put together. MPJ didn’t look great in the tests, I’m not saying he’s bad just seemed like a reach to me at where he was drafted, not a huge fan of Jabari. Liked Ja but I think the team is weirdly put together. Don’t think you’ll be bad or stuck in a bad direction but not loving the start.

5- Heat. Trae/Herro is an interesting combo. Not sure I love the idea of having 2 guys that turn it over a good amount. Interested to see herros volume at the 2. Not the worst duo but Kobe brown to me made little sense this early. No idea what his volume is. Too risky for my blood. Another team where I see what you are attempting to do but not the biggest fan so far.

Teams that might not be able to compete with the big boys yet but I like the way they are trending. No order really for this one just teams I liked

1- Thunder. Really like the hail/Klay/Bridges fit and think in the right dc they could cause some damage. I’m not sure you’ll be able to build a team that can beat the teams that went all in right away but you have a good trio that should be ready to compete for a bit. Ideally find a couple young bigs that can play and fit hali/Bridges timeline. Like the direction and think the thunder are in a great position to be good for a long time. + Justin is my guy and he’s elite so expect big things from okc.

2- Clippers. Hokey getting pick 1 man isn’t it funny how things workout. Arguably the worst gm (not by me also my guy) coming up with the best prospect a 98 pot wemby who is going to be a superstar. He followed up that with Murray who looks awesome with 72 pot and then a nice prospect with mid 80s pot. Like the direction sure you’ll prob stink this year but it’s for the better and If you can have some lotto luck and tc luck you might have something going. Don’t go inactive and ruin the start!

3- suns man oh man Zion was such a steal at pick 17, I really considered him at 4. If he had 67 pot instead I take him. Either way dudes a monster. Maxey is a good young player that fits the timeline of Zion and adams is a good big on a great contract. Really like the start to this team. May not be the best talent but like the way it’s being built. Gopher may be back. Just lay off the drinking and late night arguments, or don’t I’m always ready to argue.

4-mavs. I like the trio you built. SGA is awesome, young guard that should be good for a long time, bam is a guy I really was hoping dropped to me in round 2 and then you add draymond who’s an elite defensive big. Finding some 2 way wings will keep you competitive for a long time. Good start. Another team that might not be ready to compete with the top should be very good and is in a good position to really build towards being serious contenders very soon

5- Knicks- Interesting trio here Jamal Murray/Mobley/ duren. Two young bigs with a younger PG. I like the direction. Going to rely on some Tcs but I do think all 3 can be really good players. Lot of different options you have will be interesting to see what you do to finish off the team.

Not mentioned teams that I just lost steam on writing about that I liked

Celtics, Spurs,Hawks(puke) Magic.

Last edited: