Status
Not open for further replies.

Swope

Staff member
For $3M, list three guys that you regret moving on from this iteration

G9.

Pistons GM
1a) Dirk Nowitzki
1b) Tim Duncan - I got ridiculously lucky drafting these two in back to back years. When I thought the window was closing I thought I could just sell them, tank, and repeat the cycle. Donkey made a few stupid drafts in a row and then I was busy or something happened and one of my lottos got CPUd. Then I left.
2) Larry - I miss him. Guy was cool. He was learning. I’ve also learned now that I would really like a co-gm/just to be a co-gm. If he was still here we’d probably still be in Dallas together.

Catdude

1. Angelo Caloiaro - I moved him way too cheaply, but no one seemed to care about him at the time. In his prime he was one of the best SFs in the league.
2. Jonas Valanciunas - I mean I regret the full Lebron trade that Jonas was involved in. Jonas such a solid big man.
3. Josh Harrelson - I don’t regret this as much, it was how I got my picks back but I liked Josh.

SoftLettuce

1. Tatum. I blew a Tatum/KAT window for pennies. This is prob where my KAT window closed lmao. Before it even started!
2. Derrick Rose. Shouldn't have CB him. Haven't had a good PG since then
3.MKG. the trade itself was a good one but he was a player I really liked.

Hm. Danny Granger. Moved him probably too late, but also didn't get anything good for him in return.

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
1. Luka - He sucked so hard when I drafted him. He had elite potential and good letter grades, but I thought there was a good chance he’d never be better than a 20ppg high TO guy with bad perimeter D. Embiid is sick, but I’d rather have Luka in hindsight.

2. Dame - Similar in some ways to Luka, he also came in with busted handles. I overpaid in terms of how much I added to him for ZBo, which is a trade I regret.

3. Fox - not sure I really regret the trade, because I don’t think I would have won last year if I had Fox instead of Kemba. But like Luka/Dame, he got better after I moved him, and would definitely have extended my window.

Hooper

Ludovic Vaty - Wish I kept him his entire career. Def the biggest icon in Bucks history

Jamal Murray - Trading him for Mo Bamba was the worst shit I ever did. Should have taken Mobley

Andrew Bogut - Traded him away way too cheap way back. He became pretty good.

hokeyrules

1 - Wilson Chandler - lost him in FA because his name was not Wesley Matthews
2 - Nikola Jokic - just didn't want to be forced to trade him to Ebbs for my picks.
3 - Greg Monroe - Absolute stud

The Godfather

1- Deron Williams.. probably cost me a ship and he went crazy on tc's for Cloud
2- Steve Adams got ok return for him but he took 3 or 4 next level steps and is a stud Big now
2. George Pappagiannis - I fkd up my bids leaving a 0 digit off..a d other cost me this steady Big ..Have a thin Big bench and a bad Giannis contract to show for my mistake..

notail

1. Victor Oladipo. I like him irl and had the chance to get him when he didn't blow up in TC, but I passed on it
2. Dirk Nowitzki. could have paired him up with Ray but I decided to pass up on him for cap flexibility
3. Brook Lopez. still my best player that I've had who's still serviceable.

Username

the best
Brandon Jefferson - he’s not the best but I gave him to henny for free cause I had another pg spec I liked more, who ended up being much worse

Tmac - idk I started being inactive towards the end of his 20’s andprobably could’ve extended my window with him if I was more active.

Klay Thompson - mostly because, after I lost him I realized how shitty it was not to have 3 legit options capable of 20+ any given night. Lowballed him and it bit me in the ass. I genuinely believe that I could’ve made another finals run in recent playoffs if I had him on my team still with that leap he took in tc.

Toni Kukoc - I don’t even rememberwhat I moved him for but he was one of the first wings in the league that could average 4+ assists

CLB3

1. Buddy Hield- traded him for Rudy Gay, when I should have let him just develop a bit more.

2. Kyrie Irving- Obviously there's gunna be some regret when you trade a top player in the league in their prime. But I had no real path to a championship with what I had around him.

3. Derrick White- Turned into an absolute star, I just wanted to be able to really bottom out.

mngopher35

Kobe - I got a solid haul for the rebuild but wish I would have held on and tried to win another ring with him

Al jeff - luckily I was able to trade for him back and win a title but I should have never moved him in the first place. He is the best big I’ve had maybe ever In bsl

VCJ - he looks like the best pick of the ones I have moved, would be nice to have him right now for a bit more young talent when I flip to competing

Cloud

Staff member
I have no regrets, my only “regrets” are guys who left me in FA, so

Kevon Looney, Ante Zizic and Kareem Brewton. All home grown guys I drafted and developed

SoftLettuce

1. Buddy Hield- traded him for Rudy Gay, when I should have let him just develop a bit more.

2. Kyrie Irving- Obviously there's gunna be some regret when you trade a top player in the league in their prime. But I had no real path to a championship with what I had around him.

3. Derrick White- Turned into an absolute star, I just wanted to be able to really bottom out.
You can have buddy back!

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
Derrick white- threw him in a trade as salary match basically even though I said I really liked him at the time

Honestly that’s all I can think of. I’ve pretty much only moved guys or sold off before I went full tank.

dwill and Malachi both leaving me to play with the stinky warriors is whack as fuck

brooks

Thunder
this one is tough. One clear winner, otherwise I’ll have to think on it more.

1. Pick 2 for Pick 3 aka Ayton. Obviously Ayton boosted after TC, but he was the clear #2 pick in that draft. It’s likely he doesn’t end up this good in most iterations, but he’s the #2 post. Jaylen sucks as well.

2. Jalen Lewis I guess? He was overpaid, But he’s stayed a reliable player for the 76ers.

3. I’m genuinely not sure. Let me think.

Swope

Staff member
1. Kemba -- I like what I got for him in Fox, but could have had Herro instead, who has become a star. Keeping Kemba and AD may have given me a better chance to win last season, but Ant's development dragged a bit, making me shift my timeline. Also, getting Brook Lopez in the deal for Kemba with Fox was also a huge help in our playoff run last season.

2. AD -- Same as above really. Edwards development and cap concerns probably made me deal AD a little early. A trio now of AD-Luka-Kemba would probably put us near the top of the championship odds, especially considering coming out of the West.

3. Ant -- This is more of a potential future regret. Ant did everything well and is going to blossom into a superstar it seems. People say I made out by getting Luka for him and I think I did well, but there's always that thought in the back of my head that Ant becomes a mega-wing and Luka just becomes a turnover prone scorer.

LukaSZN

1. David Robinson. I’d have one more if I didn’t cut corners in FA.

2. Horford, shouldn’t kept him forever.

3.Gay, should’ve kept him forever. (Truly, I’m sorry you died a Buck.)

Was bored of Steph/JET. Missed Ray after I dealt him though. Passing on Herro because I had DLo/Trae feels bad even though Deni is dope.

AiRuPtHeRe™

1. Latrell Spreewell - I regret moving him for Steve Francis who was a TO Machine. But it was time to rebuild that time at the time so not a huge regret.
2. Delonte West - Should have stuck with him instead of moving him to Donkey. Would have A made him suffer for a bit and B see him become good cause you know Donkey was gonna make him solid.

That's all that really sticks out since I don't even trade lol.

Panic!

1. Kemba Walker - traded him for a tainted Marko
2. Byron Mullens - traded him for an aging Scola. Mullens git B+ B+ def and rebounding if Im not mistaken

cant think of a third one,

Status
Not open for further replies.