Sim 2 S24

LukaSZN

Take away, Marko, Kemba, Steph, Kyrie, AD, KAT, and Ayton.

The most valuable asset in the league is who and why?

3m

Hooper

Per my previous article, I would say Klaw. Klaw is still only 27 and stuffs the stat sheet in every way. If the best PGs and best bigs are all off the board, I would take Klaw as he is *by far* the best player at his position, and come playoff time he is guaranteed to be winning his matchup. Although I care about guards and bigs more generally speaking, I disagree with the notion that wings don't win in FBB. No one does it alone, but we saw the Heat get it done with Melo and Roy carrying the bulk of the offense.

Klaw is just filthy. After I got Kyrie my next goal was to put Kawhi next to him. That was the dream. Wanted him so bad for so long, but the dream is dead.

Panic!

DeAaron Fox has potential and is ready to join that top tier in a season or two. His turnovers are down. His inside scoring is already great for a PG. Already an elite defender at year 3. I may not be exaggerating when I say he has GOAT potential.

Xxplayerxx23

I’m gonna go different. Jokic. He’s a non option 17-11-4 - 2 block 1 steal guy on a top 3 team. He’s elite. He’s still got some pot to play with and really has had some nice Tcs. Super underrated. Think he would dominate in balanced or even inside.

notail

Brook Lopez. he's 30 years old but he's a top 2 defensive big who can rebound and shot-block. This kind of big is very rare in the league which is why I value them highly. 30 years old isn't an "asset age" but he will be valuable for years well into his mid 30s.

CLB3

I'd choose either De'Aron Fox or Jayson Tatum, but I'll go Fox because he's a PG, so his upside is even higher. He's 20 y/o with tons of pot left and is already an elite, elite defender. He has the scoring base already, although that's mostly what needs developing. And his handles are now looking improved, I wouldn't trade him for anyone who isn't on the list above. (besides maybe Tatum, but I'm biased)

Catdude

I'm going to go with Jayson Tatum. Dude is 20 and already B B+ in scoring and doing 28ppg. He has the possibility to be the best scorer in the league in a few season.

A similar case can definitely be made for Fox too. Same age and his rating are already crazy good.

Username

the best
Feel like Kawhi is the only right answer here. One of the most versatile wings in the league as he can score, rebound, create plays, defend at a high level, there’s no downsides to him.

hm: Jabari Parker, Deaaron Fox

BradS4President

Magicians
Joel Embiid - His offensive game is superb. His ability to score inside or from the perimeter makes him a tough guard. Also shoots free throws at a very high percentage. Defend the rim and averages almost 1 steal per game.
he is a lock to be one of the best bigs for the next 7-10 seasons.
I understand you need a good guard to go with him but give me Embiid

Hooper

I'd choose either De'Aron Fox or Jayson Tatum, but I'll go Fox because he's a PG, so his upside is even higher. He's 20 y/o with tons of pot left and is already an elite, elite defender. He has the scoring base already, although that's mostly what needs developing. And his handles are now looking improved, I wouldn't trade him for anyone who isn't on the list above. (besides maybe Tatum, but I'm biased)
Kyrie Irving​
PG​
45​
27​
42​
6​
11​
12​
12​
9​
17​
4​
2​
1​
0​
72​

Cloud

Staff member
It’s Jonas

Bigs are at a premium and he does everything well. Doesn’t have a single hole in his game and he’s on a good contract, still pretty young, and he just makes any team he’s on better, a legitimate floor raiser

Swope

Staff member
I’ll take Embiid

little bit of a Homer pick maybe, but the guy produces all across the board. He gets slept on bc his letter rating for rebounding isn’t elite but he rebounds very well. Hell get a couple blocks and a steal per game and his shooting slashed are extremely good for a big man.

he’s still got time to develop into the next tier of stardom and I think he will

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well lets start with the fact that the 7 named here aren't even the consensus top 7. These are where I would rank those guys:
1. Stephen Curry
2. Kemba Walker
3. Kyrie Irving
5. Anthony Davis
11. Karl-Anthony Towns
25. DeAndre Ayton

The player who belongs in that four spot is none other than Joel Embiid. His one knock right now would be the rebounding grade but he's actually a top 10 rebounder right now. He shoots the three ball really efficiently too which is rare for a big. Embiid is still getting better too. I don't understand Ayton being ahead of Embiid, there's a good chance Ayton peaks ratings wise somewhere around where Embiid already is now. And Embiid is going to get better still.

SoftLettuce

Feel like it's Kawhi. He's an elite wing who is an absolute lockdown defender. Gives you a really efficient 22 and 9 a game. No turnover issues. Still just 27 and coming off of a steal of a contract. His next contract will probably be big but it doesn't/shouldn't matter. Not a whole lot of players impact winning like Kawhi does so I feels like this is a pretty easy one for me.

Tatum, Fox, Luka would be my next 3 though.

LukaSZN

It’s Jonas

Bigs are at a premium and he does everything well. Doesn’t have a single hole in his game and he’s on a good contract, still pretty young, and he just makes any team he’s on better, a legitimate floor raiser
I think this is the right logic but the wrong player.
I’m going Embiid. Much higher ceiling already comparable and still on his rookie deal.

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
It’s Fox for me, and I don’t even think that’s a homer take. Kawhi is dope, but wings are a little less important, and Fox has best player in the league upside given that he fixed his TOs and still has over 90 pot. If his offensive game develops more he’ll be insane

Foreman

Fox is my answer. Majority of those top players are guards and that's what you need to win. Someone would be banking on the scoring and handling to continue going in a positive direction in a trade, but he's still very young with pot and no chance to pot die. Fox is the next wave of those PGs listed in the main post.

Kings

Ty
Since I’m rebuilding, personally I would take Fox but there’s also a little kings bias in there lol. His potential is still incredible and he’s fixing his glaring flaws each TC. A superstar PG will give you the engine you need to build around. Now if you’re team is missing one piece, Kawhi is the easy choice as a first option who can do anything you ask of him. Even leading the bulls while playing at PF. Special wing