Sim 4 S23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eberlicious

For 4M, name the next worst and next best player at each position listed and give a reasoning why. Player will review.

BEST AT THIS MOMENT, AGE AND CONTRACT DONT MATTER

Guards: KCP

Wings: Doug McDermott

Bigs: Anthony Randolph

Last edited:

Hooper

Jabari Parker
KCP
Jamal Murray

Jabari - is a more well-rounded player, exploiting his strength and size to provide efficient buckets with high level rebounding. Has no glaring weaknesses, is a major producer for a contending team
KCP - Elite skills but major flaws. KCP doesn't get the production you would expect at SG and still turns it over 2.5 times. Elite efficiency, elite defense, low level handle, mid level volume
Jamal Murray - Mid level volume and efficiency scoring wise next to the glutton that is Kyrie Irving taking his shots away. Makes up for it with 5 assists per game, which helps spread the love

Evan Turner - Turner is a very well rounded player, again with no glaring weaknesses. The defense is what stands out compared to the others on this list, however it is not elite by any means
Doug McDermott - Nice scorer but only 20 ppg. C+ defense, 7 boards from SF is also average. Good player but his value stems from the ridiculous contract he is on
Chase Buddinger - Underrated player who isn't getting minutes right now. A Bucks trade target. B+ A- scoring is hyper elite, with the same C+ defense as Doug. In a starting role, Bud once did 20/6/3 on 46/44 splits. Volume is within a point of everything Doug produces this season, but Doug is less efficient, younger, not an expiring deal

Greg Monroe - More of a gap here than anywhere else on my list because the bigs are so scarce, but Monroe does a lot of what Randolph does, but a little more juice to it. 13/12/3 and about 2 bpg. Just slightly better
Anthony Randolph - Underrated guy I never really noticed but he puts up good numbers. Managing to be an efficient low volume scorer with elite level rebounding. Lower blocks and a question mark overall defensively, but a starting caliber player. Prob a top 15 starting big.
Steven Adams - Similar to Randolph in a lot of ways. Defense is also a question mark but he gets more blocks than Randolph and is an equal level rebounder, probably a worse scorer. Makes it harder to evaluate because Hank traded 3 fucking first round picks for him to bench him behind a clearly worse player in Capela, but I think these 3 guys are pretty close.

This question was way too much brain power.

Panic!

- Better - Delonte West - Volume (25.1 ppg) and assist to turnover ratio (2.8:1) is enough to pass KCP even though his defense is below average.
- Worse - DSlow - Pretty efficient (.472/.717/.415) but assist to turnover ratio (2.4:1) is just average for his position. KCP's defense is still more valuable.

- Better - Nick Young - As it stands, Nick Young still has more volume and better playmaking skills although Doug is a better rebounder. To pass Young, he needs to lessen his turnovers.
- Worse - JR Smith - FG% from inside the arc for the past two seasons is at 44.21%. That's not very good for a star. I'd be more comfortable with McDermott as my scoring option than JR Smith. Smith is a better defender though.

- Better - Jan Vesely - Vesely is the better defender and better at taking care of the ball but he's not as efficient as Randolph. I'd still take a big with better handles though.
Worse - Yao MIng - Yao Ming is declining but can still block and he also does not turn the ball over too much. For me, these two skills (Blocks and Handles) are most important for a big and he has both. If him and Randolph are on the same team, I'd start Randolph as he's better, but I'd consider starting Yao because of his blocks.

The Godfather

Guards KCP

Better I would go with West ..his volume and assists advantage >KCP..its close but I'd take Delonte as slightly better. KCP elite Defense makes it hard though

One below. . Brandon Jennings ..His volume is > than what has been shown.mif given option 1 he would be around 23ppg.. He is also a >Distributor..nowhere close on overall defense but again very good at stealing the ball

The Godfather

Wings McDermott

Just above Khawi Leonard ..just better overall talent with >Defense being the main reason .
Just below Nick Young.. while volume is > from Young as a Wing McDermott just better overall as far as I am concerned

The Godfather

Bigs Randolph

Just below Kevin Love.. Love is an elite rebounder and double/Double Machine and an AS. RANDOLPH is better but it both played on the same team their stats per 36 would be closer than most may think..Still Randolph >
Just above Steve Adams .. Adams currently hurt can block better.. is similar at scoring and rebounds are there with a bit more strength down the line ..the main difference between the 2 is 💯 the ability to be an elite shot blocker for Adams

SoftLettuce

Guards.

Better: Buddy Hield. Better scorer and generally all around more efficient. Less TOs, shoots better from 3. Averaging 5 PPG ore while scoring behind Steph Curry. Their defense is close enough that Hield's offensive game pushes him over the edge.

Worse: Bojan Bogdanovich. Bojan putting up more PPG on less TO, But KCP giving you great defense and more help on the boards. KCP %'s are also more efficient, especially from 3.

Wings:

Better: Evan Turner. Turner was huge getting Boston a title before getting moved to Chicago, where he's having another nice season. Turner is more than capable on both ends of the court, giving you good scoring while also being able to lock down on the defensive end.

Worse: JR Smith. JR still got some juice scoring wise if he got more volume but he is on a good team in Minny. He has the advantage in the TO department, but struggles being efficient from the field. Also been on the decline the last couple TCs, if I'm not mistaken.

Bigs:

Better: KAT. KAT is v quickly going to be one of if not the best bigs in the league. He's much more versatile on the offensive end, and is probably already better on the defensive side. Randolph giving more boards per game, but KAT is already elite.

Worse: Andrew Bogut. I think I lean Randolph because of his offense, because they are close to even on the glass. Bogut is better on the defensive end, but Randolph is a walking double double, and can impact a game in multiple ways.

LukaSZN

Going to keep these position specific. Too hard to do it otherwise IMO.

Damian Lillard / Marko Guduric
Sebastian Telfair

KCP is the best defensive PG option in the league by a mile. If you can't have Steph/Kyrie/Kemba, there's an argument in my mind for having the player most likely to limit them. I still think offensively, Dame and Marko do enough to be just slightly ahead but KCP is right there. A few options you could throw behind him because there are a lot of point guards in the 7-12 range but I guess for winning now, Telfair would probably be my 7th choice at PG.

Gordon Hayward
DeMar DeRozan

Hayward is a good player and despite the Panic stink on him, I still think he's a beauty third option that's more efficient and takes better care of the ball than Doug. I hate DeMar's build but he's proven a prosperity for turning games in a balanced system and I can see him being a good third option for a team that was running that system.

Omer Asik
Cody Zeller

Randolph is like Adams in that he's a fine big but probably under plays his ratings. I was too tough on him early in the year criticizing him but I still don't think that highly of him. Asik is low-key one of the more underrated bigs in the game and sort of does it all. Rebounds well, blocks above his rating, doesn't turn it over excessively. Zeller is underrated too, I should've got a pick for him. Emac with a steal because he can respond in a timely fashion. He's young, by next season he will be better than both of these guys.

AiRuPtHeRe™

Guard:
Brandon Roy
KCP
Victor Oladipo

I am comparing KCP to shooting guards as I don't see him as a PG. Brandon Roy is a proven scorer who keeps his turnovers down. KCP had some good scoring years, but those were at point guard. He's an elite defensive player that I would take over Oladipo who almost does the same thing on less efficiency. Oladipo has mainly been the 2nd fiddle to Kyrie for most of his career but I view him more as a third option. While KCP is also a third option, his scoring and defense are much better.

Wing:
Angelo Caloiaro
Doug McDermott
Derrick Williams

It's crazy to think once Philly had two of these wings and fumbled the bag with both. I love what both Angelo and Doug provide on the wings as outside shooters. Both can easily put up 20 PPG with great efficiency. I will give Angelo the heads up due to him being the better defender and rebounder. Derrick was once the franchise guy but he been put on the backseat a bit with the emergence of LaVine and now Deron taking on more scoring duties but I feel like Derrick could be a 20 PPG guy in the right system.

Big:
Greg Monroe
Anthony Randolph
Steven Adams

These three bigs are pretty similar as being elite rebounders at their position. We actually had a brief discussion about Steven Adams vs. Anthony Randolph and I did agree that Randolph gives you everything Adams does at a cheaper price + better efficiency. Monroe is a unique "elite rebounder" as he's also become a great shot blocker. It'll be interesting to see what Monroe will get in the open market and see if Toronto see's his as the answer next to Jokic.

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
Guard - I'm choosing to evaluate KCP as a point guard for this to simplify comparisons

Better: Deron Williams - Deron rounds out the tier of guards who some might have below KCP, but I have above. I value assists at PG a little more than some, and Deron is still capable of putting up 10 APG without turning the ball over too much.

Worse: Delonte West - West is another guy who has high volume and good shooting at PG, like KCP. And he also isn't a huge passer. West is still good for 25 PPG on great percentages, but I give KCP the edge here because he is so much better on D.

Wing

Better: Wilson Chandler - He is similar to Doug in that he's a relatively high volume scorer who shoots at a high percentage. After having a few on and off years in terms of production, Chandler is back to 23 PPG with low TOs, and is a little better on the defensive end than Doug.

Worse: Nick Young - I think most people have him higher, but despite being an excellent scorer (almost 25 PPG this season), Young doesn't bring much on the defensive end or on the boards.

Big

Better: Greg Oden - Randolph is a better rebounder, and shooting is a wash, but Oden is better everywhere else. He's a solid shot blocker and scores at a high percentage, and he's also better at taking care of the ball than Randolph.

Worse: Zaza Pachulia - Randolph is a slightly better rebounder, but otherwise Zaza is similar in that he's a plus rebounder, can score, and is a decent shot blocker. Zaza is having a breakout season for the Hawks, averaging 16/11 and 1.5 BPG, which are all career highs.

notail

Marko Guduric
Deron Williams

I like Marko here because he is not terribly far behind KCP in terms of defense but brings so much more when it comes to scoring and dishing the ball out at a low turnover rate. His shooting split is also very respectable. As for just behind KCP, I'd put Deron Williams. As good as he is at passing the ball, his defense can be a liability against the OP scoring PGs as well as his turnover ratio against good defensive guards like KCP.

Wilson Chandler
Kevin Durant

These three are pretty much neck to neck when it comes to their scoring abilities and their shooting splits. I give the edge to Wilson Chandler as he has more volume, better shooting %s, and a better defensive wing as well. Durant is pretty much like McDermott, but I would place McDermott just above KD because I believe McDermott has more volume than KD and will be able to score more on the TWolves

Greg Monroe
Omer Asik

similar double double big with slightly more block puts Greg Monroe above AR. They both can shoot FT% at a good rate as a big. Asik is just below AR because they both similarly put up double doubles but looks like Asik is more prone to foul as he is playing less mins. small details, but it can matter if your starting big is not able to play during the playoffs

brooks

Thunder
Better: Dame Lillard - I just prefer a PG who is capable of passing the ball even a little bit over what KCP would end up being. It typically hinders the production from the rest of your team and restricts you to pretty much running a very fast outside offense. Where is the fun in that? Dame is respectable on D and a productive and efficient option. He got that dog in him.
Guards: KCP (Calling him a PG)
Worse: Sebatian Telfair - Seb's scoring is the only thing holding him back here. He's still a wonderful player, I just think KCP's defensive chops give him the upper hand here. Telfair being this good, this long, is quite impressive.

Better: LeBron James - LeBron is the better player RIGHT NOW, but McDermott is easily the more valuable asset to have on your roster. Lebron produces in every facet and won't get lit up a lot of the time. Douggie is good, but lebum is better.
Worse: Bojan Bogdanovic - Bojan and Douggie are fairly similar skill-wise imo, with Doug being just a bit better. Doug is clearly a more rounded player, but I love the offensive threat that Bojan brings to the table. Brad should get s staring SG and make Bojan super 6.

Better: Emeka Okafor - Simply due to defense here. I love how Emeka has turned into a defensive shot blocker who can also rebound the ball. He's been a hot asset for aminute now, and its 100% deserved.
Worse: Kevin Love - I like to shit on the Nuggets a lot, but K-Love has been doing a great job for hank in pretty much everything. He's efficient and doesn't turn the ball over, good job. I think this is a reflection on my opinion of Randolph moreso, as I think he's pretty average for a starting big. Presently he doesn't have many rebounders around him, so his stats may be inflated a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.