Sim 6 (S20)

SoftLettuce

1. Drafting KAT, Duh
2. Trading Joakim Noah for 3 picks, even though I turned around and screwed it up after.
3. Signing and Trading JO for a pick, and trading KOQ for lamb and a pick. KOQ a bum and I got a future.

Emac

I’m not really sure I can come up with three so I’ll be really grasping at straws.

1. Claiming Jared Dudley off waivers. He won 6th man of the year and has been a versatile player.

2. Signing Mikki Moore to an MLE. He was a decent center even in his late 30s.

3. Signing Tayshaun Prince and using him at backup PG. His handling was elite. Rarely turned it over, got assists and could score some. He even won a player of the week award when Mike Conley got hurt.

Hooper

1. Trading out of the Derozan pick for Bogut and one of my future picks
2. Chandler, Redick, Durant -> Roy -> Turner, Rubio, Suns swap rights in 2016
3. Not going all in with Turner, Rubio, and Rudy F as our max guys. Just wouldn't have got it done.

CLB3

1. Tanking and selling off for pennies on the dollar when I joined the league, even though it was looked down upon at the time. It ended with me getting Kyrie at 2.

2. Not rushing the rebuild, and building through FA, rather than trades. I had almost zero assets to trade with anyways, because of the owner who left the team to me. So I didn't have multiple of my own future 1sts, even after I got some back so I could tank.

3. Offering above market price deals to very good, but not star big men. It was worth it for me because I had all cheap perimeter guys on rookie deals, and the cap is about to go up, where they'll look like great deals.

NCツ

1. Drafting KAT, Duh
2. Trading Joakim Noah for 3 picks, even though I turned around and screwed it up after.
3. Signing and Trading JO for a pick, and trading KOQ for lamb and a pick. KOQ a bum and I got a future.
trading with me is 2 of your 3 best decisions

and yet gms are reluctant to trade with me smh smh

notail

Drafting Devin Harris. nobody liked him at 3, I did
Trading for Luis Scola because he was a nice compliment to Pau Gasol at that time
Trading for Ray Allen because he was the best wing at that time and arguably a top 3 in this sim league history so far

Swope

Staff member
Not exactly a highlight reel but here goes…

After holding off on dealing Kobe as long as I did, still being able to get a future 1st with potential in Blazers 19 pick and solid PG in Brandon Jennings

Being able to make some noise in free agency and snagging Rudy Fernandez away from the Bucks. Fernandez hasn’t solved all of our problems but but definitely has shown that productive players can be acquired in free agency if you play your cards right.

Sticking with Harden. He obviously hasn’t become what he was expected when drafted and we gave up a pretty penny to add him. And after his first TC with us, he regressed I believe. Teams were offering pennies on the dollar and I basically vowed to not deal him and ride it out. He’s now looking solid, but is struggling because he doesn’t quite fit with our team.

Xxplayerxx23

Trading for Tmac and Tyson. Tmac was the man got me two rings and some nice playoff runs
Drafting shard. Man what a pick. Pick 7 I believe was just such a beast for a long time
Trading for Ray Allen started the 2peat. I really think we shoulda been better next few years but whatever
TBD drafting Dlo. 100 pot hopefully stays there and fixes the handles could be a superstar if he does

Panic!

1. Trading Jermaine for a ton of picks. I think I got Vesely and Hayward with those.
2. Drafting Kemba duh
3. Trading Luis Scola - He was cancer.

mngopher35

Kobe+Pierce in the same draft. Kobe was probably expected but there was plenty of TD talk at the time as well. Trading for Pierce via futures on top of that pick was huge in setting me up as a long time contender.

Trading Butler/Wall for pieces to help me win now instead of waiting to develop. Butler was in the Al trade and Wall I moved immediately for what ended up as Love+futures for other pieces. One of my biggest regrets was not moving Love and him not panning out but I think moving these guys earlier on was the right call even if I haven't been able to get a ring, it got me very close.

AI. Kenyon Martin. Jefferson. Pau. I think moves made for these guys helped me get very close to a ring or even helped me win the one I got.

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
1. Trading for Delonte West, one of the most lopsided trades ever, TC luck helped for sure
2. Draft Eddy Curry in 2005, one of the biggest steals of that draft. But then I let him go for nothing.
3. Making a star out of Juwan Howard, Clippers Hall Of Fame!

Cloud

Staff member
God I mean where does one even start, so many to choose from, could do at least 20 trades, 15 free agency moves and a handful of draft picks but I’ll stick to just 3 trades I guess

1. Flipping Grant Hill for Eddie Jones +++. Absolutely murdered that trade when many said it was dumb because they’re a bunch of followers who don’t do any research and go off name value, Eddie was tremendous and helped us win a title while Grant went on to be an empty stat chaser who never won shit

2. Flipping Shaq and Eddie for Melo right after the title, timing could not have been better to capitalize on two 34 year olds who were about to fall off and it landed us a top asset in the game, who in a roundabout way ended up helping us get the assets which led to LeBron

3. Clearing out cap space to take a stab at Baron Davis who had a high play for winner on a bad Toronto team, and getting lucky that he decided to jump ship for our strong win rating. He was really great and he won the finals MVP for us, absolutely roasting Gary Payton for our title

brooks

Thunder
1. when i tried to start winning games, i was sitting with rookie DRose + Luol Deng + DJ Augustin + my futures. Think I made a good series of moves to improve upon Deng: Deng for Collison, Collison for Wade, Wade for Collison, Collison for Beno. None of these made me a top team by any means, but it was the best route to put talent on my team.

2. Trading for Bogut from the Bucks. SPURS 15 BABY.

3. Trading Thad Young + future for Wilson Chandler. Very good move. The dumb part was trading back for Thad in the future.

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
1. Trading the #4 pick (Lakers took Millsap) for #10 and 3 futures, and using 10 to draft Telfair

2. Trading for Jason Terry. It didn’t work out because I couldn’t put the right pieces around him, but I got solid value

3. Trading for Pau Gasol. The trade was criticized value wise at the time but he was a stud for me

The Godfather

1. Trading for Christian Laettner and moving him to SF
2. Taking on Oakleys and getting Defensive clamp Doug Christie in the same deal
3. Trading for #3 and drafting Boozer one of the most consistent player on file and the franchise all time scorer and rebounder
.The 1st 2 led us to 2 finals and one ship as well as 4 consecutive WCFs...