Sim 1 (S16)

Eberlicious

For 3M: What was the most lopsided trade this past off-season and what could have been added or removed from it from either team to make it equal?

Bonus 0.5M if it isn't the Tim Duncan and Lou Williams/ Deng Trade

Last edited:

brooks

Thunder
at was the most lopsided trade this past off-season and what could have
Two options here.

1. Panic's trade for Troy Murphy. He could have simply done it for GM cash to make it fair. but he's a moron.
2. Nate's trade for Tim Duncan. We'll see if it turns out, but Lou was a legit step in the right direction for his squad and now everyone is OLD AF on his squad. to make it fair, (not to say this would happen), but cloud would need to add another starting level player who is older.

Eberlicious

I told nate there would be other's. There isnt anyone even close. Tim Duncan who is an above average big, whos 1 MAYBE 2 years from retiring for two VERY GOOD young players. (Deng leveled up i guess) is insane.

HM: Middleton for Lowry Conley. But at least this is a move that can actually move the needle so good for player.

Hooper

The trade where the Sixers sent CJ (pick 3 and his pot didn’t move at all) + Monroe for a pick back in 2014 and another shitty first was so bad value wise. Didn’t need to pull trigger on that this early. Fix: Only send Monroe for the Sixers pick back, or send CJ for both picks + cash.
HM: Middleton for Conley. Both players stink but Middleton has 87 pot so one day he might not stink. Conley is not a needle mover, can find that dude anywhere. Fix: Don't do this deal

Last edited:

brooks

Thunder
FIN
The trade where the Sixers sent CJ (pick 3 and his pot didn’t move at all) + Monroe for a pick back in 2014 and another shitty first was so bad value wise. Didn’t need to pull trigger on that this early.
HM: Middleton for Conley. Both players stink but Middleton has 87 pot so one day he might not stink. Conley is not a needle mover, can find that dude anywhere.
FINED

Kings

Ty
Panic trading firsts for Troy Murphy and Mikki Moore is certainly bad, especially adding assets like Mayo and Favors but at least those picks should be mid.

Lou, Deng and a pick for Duncan has to take the cake though. Lou is an elite young guard, Luol Deng looks legit for Orlando and that pick could be solid. I do like the squad Nate has but it won’t come out the west

Panic!

Trade for Troy Murphy didn't work cause Panic did not get any big FAs. Wouldve worked if he got FAs.

notail

I have to go with nate's trade for Duncan. Duncan is averaging 11/11/1.4 and is 34 years of age making 19/20M. a single pick would have been sufficient for him

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
2 sep trades but panic moving 2 picks and get Troy Murphy and afflalo is awful.

hokeyrules

I would say the Mikki Moore trade, not because I think it is a terrible trade for Panic. Due to the fact that I know I was offered Moore for Ibaka, and he gave so much more up in order to get Moore. Removing the draft choice or Kwame Brown from the trade would have made it a little bit better.

Honestly though not a terrible deal if Panic wins it all. Hindsight is 20/20

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
Nate's Duncan trade is the worst, but I want the extra 0.5M cash so I'll also mention the 2nd worst. And the 3rd through 6th worst because this is a fun question.

2. Jon selling off 2 great specs in Monroe and CJ as an overreaction to CJ's turnovers (which can be fixed over time, Dame is a prime example) to get his 2014 back and one other shitty pick is so stupid. Especially because 2014 is 3 years out and he may not be tanking anymore by then. I don't think it made any sense and is not even fixable with additions/removals, but just trading CJ or Monroe for those 2 picks would make the deal slightly better.

3. Nate giving up Tobias Harris for Jason Terry's corpse makes no sense. Harris looks like a nice prospect

4/5. While Panic's trades for mediocre bigs were abysmal, they still rank 4th and 5th worst for me because the amount of value he gave up wasn't huge.

Other than those top 5, there's a bunch of others. I don't think the Conley/MIddleton trade is that bad because the Hawks best window for another ring is this year.

6. The Kyle Lowry trade was also really bad - he is way more valuable than a single pick which will probably be in the early late teens / early 20s because both the Clips/Nugs are playoff teams this year

Xxplayerxx23

That mikki Moore trade is bad but the worst trade has to be the cj trade lol. Two nice prospects for a late pick and his 14 back. Like he couldn’t build a good team by then yikes

Cloud

Staff member
Jermaine O’Neal for the Heat 2011 imo. Hall of fame big who’s still super dominant goes to a stacked team for essentially nothing

Reactions: G9.

The Godfather

Mikki Moore trade was a disaster to be fait... Everything Nate does is bad..so we will leave him off this discussion

mngopher35

I think the worst trade (given bonus cash for not pointing out the obvious) was probably Troy Murphy or Mikki Moore from Panic. He really had no reason to do either move and gave up more than needed in both. I would change them both by making them cash instead.

LukaSZN

I hate that Middleton trade the most. Nate sure. Brad getting a first and Favors for Moore blew my mind. What a hilariously horrid offseason

G9.

Pistons GM
Feel like now it’s the moore trade. He’s old as dirt. Expiring. Just a big haul for an old man.

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I don't think a lot of people will think of this but the Jason Terry trade, when he was traded from the Bullets to the Pacers was extremely lopsided.

Reference: https://fantasysportsdaily.net/forums/threads/pacers-bullets.5129/

This is around the time when Terry stopped being the super elite player that gave teams an automatic finals appearance. The Pacers never won it all with him and sold him later for much less. Deron Williams became arguably elite in his own right and then the Bullets got five more firsts on top of that.