Sim 2 (S14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavsfan817

Staff member

For 3m:
-Biggest overachieving team in the East? The West?
-Why are they overachieving and do you expect it to continue?

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
East is bucks for sure, very happy I traded them the pick back this year for derozan. I think they’ll fall off a bit but they are gonna struggle to get where they want to be

west is lakers for similar reasons as bucks

FortsonBass

East: Raptors. Looking at their roster, hard to see why they have 9 wins in the loaded East. Maybe Wes Matthews is good?

West: Sonics. Bad roster, trying to tank, but almost .500. Rough for Daulten

Hooper

East: Bucks - Attempt the second most 3s, make the fifth most, first in FT%, we're basically average to above average on offense.

West: Timberwolves - They're good but 25-6 and +14 is championship level good. They have 3 A- defenders or better on the whole roster. They're top 5 in PPG but not in anything else really. Just doesn't look like the profile of a team with a record that dominant imo

Eberlicious

I can't believe how good the nets are right now. Allen and Scola absolutely man handling everyone. I doubt they finish top of the East, but who knows.

Spurs are doing way too well for not having an anchor big on that team

The Godfather

East - Bucks ..he should be doing way worse than he is ... and don't see them getting as high a lotto as they should

West- Lakers .. they're not a complete team yet ..yet here we are...

Kings

Ty
East: Raptors. Looking at their roster, hard to see why they have 9 wins in the loaded East. Maybe Wes Matthews is good?

West: Sonics. Bad roster, trying to tank, but almost .500. Rough for Daulten
Chandler and Matthews are gonna be elite. Chandler had maxed out pot

BradS4President

Magicians
East: Bucks probably dip at some point. Good offense that has kept them afloat, but their defense will have them in the lotto. Maybe they can lose enough games to get in top 10.

West: Lakers: Milsaps and Gordon duo doing great in LA LA Land. Although if they can tank and get that third player next to the young up and coming talent, they are going to be looking good

brooks

Thunder
East - Hornets
Unfortunately, I gotta say the Hornets here. While I love CP3, I'm not so sure that this lineup is maximized to his skill set. They're playing tenacious defense, but I could seem them falling the rest of the season due to the lack of post play.

West - Spurs

I'll say the Spurs ha. While I do think we were massively underrated going into the season, id be shocked if we carry a +10 point diffy the rest of the way. AK has been playing horrendously, but similar to the Hornets, we don't have a premier big man (maybe...?). I imagine Sim 3 will be a lot more rough. If not, we could be legit.

Last edited:

Panic!

East - Bullets - Their Pg is trash. Hawks backup Pg is better. I dont expect it to continue because theyre worst in turnovers

west - Grizzlies - Won 6 more games than wanted by the GM. According to the GM, he will find better ways to tank

mngopher35

East - Hornets are the team I would go with right now. They are leading their division over Cle/Atl while CP3/Iggy/LMA are all still very young and those teams have win now talent. I think Hornets will be a top team in a couple years but I am surprised they are this high already.

West - I will go with Spurs for similar reasons as the above. Brooks has a good young team with Rose as a rookie but it is a bit odd to me the differential is better than the Clippers/Rockets currently with how loaded those teams are. He will be a top team in the future but I don't think he is as good as a few other teams in the conference come playoff time

Xxplayerxx23

East- bucks. They stink and are trying to tank but yet they don’t stink as much as they should

Spurs are good but prob a year away.a tc away from actually being this good .make a move for a big

side note WE SUCK. But panics PG is 🔥

LukaSZN

-Biggest overachieving team in the East? The West?

Me: Because I took Panic for a ride in free agency and his tears pleased the Gods.

West: Any team over the Rockets because the Rockets are better

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The biggest overachiever in the East is the Knicks, a 6.9 PPG differential isn't going to be enough to maintain a .688 win percentage, the East is still very strong too. They went on a tear in their last 10 which is primarily why their record is as good as it is. I foresee them making a move this season because they're kind of middling.

In the West it's the Timberwolves who have played a cupcake schedule. They have a great differential beating up on the bottom of the league. Just wait until they have to face real competition. They're a one and done in the playoffs team as currently constructed. They would be better off selling off as their roster all has one foot into the retirement home.

cavsfan817

Staff member
I look at a team like the Nets and they baffle me every season with how well they perform. Ray Allen is a true leader for them, and I'll be curious to see if they stay at the top of the conference with the Harris/Allen/Scola trio. I think they'll probably come back to the pack a little bit, but they should still be in the upper half of playoff seeding, barring something crazy happening.

In the west I look at the Wolves. They're once again at the top and they just seem a bit off to me. Nash is still putting up good numbers as the floor general, but his poor defense hasn't seemed to hurt them too much so far. I think that'll be easy for a lot of teams to attack when it really counts. Can QRich & KG propel them to another Finals berth? With the Rockets looming, I really doubt it.

yrtb

Wizards
Staff member
Bucks in the East. On paper I thought they would bottom out, but they're close to .500. KD is the only starting caliber player on the roster.

Wolves in the West. Solid team all around, but not best record in the West good. Clippers and Rockets are both more well rounded.

notail

East: Nets. I don't see why we're doing so well because there are more complete teams than us. I see us as top 4 because I have Allen surrounded by good starters, but I certainly dont have multiple superstars like some other East teams. I expect us to be 3-4 seed

West: Timberwolves. KG is still performing, but Rockets are the ones who should be winning in the West

AiRuPtHeRe™

East: Bucks - I'm impressed that they are only 3 games under .500. They've got KD and a bunch of weird guys leading the way to hurt their draft pick.

West - Kings being 29 and 18 with Pablo at PG still amazes me lol. Hedo is pretty good though. I don't think the teams behind them can make up much ground so they'll likely be locked into a 4-5 spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.