Sim 1 (S7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
For $3.0M, who are the top 5 contenders this season in BSL and why?

Panic!

Wolves - because they have Kg
Warriors - because the west is trash
Bullets - they have terry
Magic - they have shaq
Cavaliers - brandon still good

Curry

Administrator
Administrator
1. Magic. fucking obviously
2. Wolves. fucking obviously
3. Bullets. I still believe in Jet being OP
4. Bucks. They've reloaded a bit and had an insane sim 1
5. Cavs #MyCommish

G9.

Pistons GM
Wolves - Nc always finds a way
Magic - Cloud “”
Bucks - My no brainer draft picks have super strong backs
Cavs - Nobody will trade with him and that could fuel some sort of psychotic run through the East type shit
Suns - Find out DRob actually made the Bullets

Xxplayerxx23

Wolves. West is garbage. Injuries can stop them but no team out west can.
Bucks- Tim is an animal. Dirk looks good, Payton’s a beast. Expect them to do it this year
Magic- elite team around penny and shaq. If healthy they as good a shot as any
Cavs- Brandon’s elite. All around great team as always, we’ll see if they can figure it out in the playoffs
Hawks- homer pick. #shardhasarived. AI/Shard/Rip and an upgrade from Ewing to Dampier gives me a shot.

notail

Bucks: TD is breaking out and great PG along with great front court and scoring in Dirk makes them competitive
Magic: Shaq, Penny leading the scoring along with great defense from McKie and Jones and Ramunas are obviously going to help them compete. they also have some depth in Camby, Jackson with some outside scoring wings
Timberwolves: West is less competitive so less likely to be "upset" by a lower rank team and make it to the final. also they have KG
Cavaliers: best PG in Terrell Brandon and Wally is crazy in scoring.
Bullets: if they make the playoffs, Jet Terry can carry them somehow as we saw before. they don't have the front court depth but given FBB's PG focused nature, they just need to make the playoffs.

mngopher35

Wolves - They will be the best team in the west again and have the best shot to win.

Bucks - In the east and probably overall they look like the top team on file to me right now

Magic - As pretty much always this file, looks like a team that could easily win the title

Cavs - Very well built team around Brandon now, can hang with anyone

Heat - could have put a lot of different teams, Hawks/Bullets especially... My opinion on this might be biased lol there is a lot of talent right now spread out a fair amount

Foreman

Magic - Still have a solid team put together and need to break through soon.
Wolves - Owner of the west, always finds a way into the finals.
Bucks - It may finally be their time with the duo of Duncan and Dirk looking nice.
Cavs - Think he eventually finds a trade partner to put himself into the mix, but still has a solid team either way.
Lakers - Should walk away with the Pacific division, can possibly get past the weaker Wolves this year.

panda

Buy a ticket, take the ride
Wolves - On paper seem like easiest route given they're coming out of the West and definitely enough talent to win a 7 game series
Magic - Similarly talented but the team has shit the bed the last few years so it'll be interesting to see if the roster can finally perform in the playoffs
Bucks - Duncan is an animal
Bullets - Because Jason Terry is dumb as fuck, especially in the playoffs. They'll bounce back from sim 1
Hawks - They don't necessarily have the letter grades that jump out right now but the team seems to be gelling and the stats look good, at least after 1 sim

The Godfather

Wolves still the class of the West ..KG is awesome
Magic ALL PAPER TEAM...can they actually NOT WIN with Best starting Team on file?
Bullets...took a hit in offseason but Respect to reining Champs
GSW - Surprise Team ..has many things in its favor only Wolves in the way
Cavaliers- Do it or tear it the fuck down..

AiRuPtHeRe™

WARRIORS - WE LIVE BABYYYY - Name a better frontcourt group!?
Timberwolves - West is ass so they are bound to make it to the finals. Too bad Christian Laettner left.
Magic - Can Shaq finally get them over the hump? We will see if he can stay healthy. Wasn't a pretty sim 1 for them stat wise.
Cavaliers - Best PG in league, Wally is pretty good too. Greeme style team.
Bucks - They have a pretty good big man trio in Dirk/TD/Big Z but Fortson will end up fighting one of them and they'll be doomed. GP still balling @ 33.

HM: Bullets always in the case cause Terry/Allen - but no DRob = trouble for them.

Cloud

Staff member
WARRIORS - WE LIVE BABYYYY - Name a better frontcourt group!?
Timberwolves - West is ass so they are bound to make it to the finals. Too bad Christian Laettner left.
Magic - Can Shaq finally get them over the hump? We will see if he can stay healthy. Wasn't a pretty sim 1 for them stat wise.
Cavaliers - Best PG in league, Wally is pretty good too. Greeme style team.
Bucks - They have a pretty good big man trio in Dirk/TD/Big Z but Fortson will end up fighting one of them and they'll be doomed. GP still balling @ 33.

HM: Bullets always in the case cause Terry/Allen - but no DRob = trouble for them.
Shaq is already hurt and I think the stats were bad because we played 80% road games but agreed it wasn’t a pretty 8-2 very ugly

Cloud

Staff member
This is in no specific order:

Magic - Eddie and McKie is hellacious defensively on the wings, Penny is a perennial MVP candidate at PG, Shaq is the best big in the game when healthy (probably the best player still too), good role players…. Haven’t been able to punch through yet but the Bullets lost DRob so you’ve got to like Orlando this year

Bucks - Tremendous sim 1, Dirk has finally arrived. GP is declining but still very formidable, TD is growing and looks to be all-league caliber now. Very strong top 3, but the rest of the team is pretty… I don’t want to say bad but not great / intimidating ? We’ll see if they have a move or two to shore things up and make them extremely scary

Wolves - Been to 3 straight finals, don’t see that changing this year either. Wolves should roll out of bed and still make the finals with how embarrassing the West is. Literally zero threat aside from them. They’re good themselves though, KG is pretty nice, Ostertag is solid, Ellis, Spreewell and Nash are all consistent contributors as well. Don’t know if they have the depth or role players to make as much noise as before but they’ll be at the finish line.

Pistons - Good anchor big, couple solid role playing bigs around him to shore up the frontcourt, which is something most of the other East teams don’t have so that gives them an edge over ATL, Miami, Cleveland etc. 2 Huge volume scorers in Rider and Stackhouse, and the most randomly good PG of all time in Roderick Blakney. GM needs to make a move or two to really legitimize his team but he’s pretty gunshy, but they’re 1-2 big boy moves away from really being nice nice.

Hawks - Rashard Lewis is taking a leap and finding his way as a consistent volume scorer, Rip is a great 3rd option, Iverson is still one of the probably eh backend top 5-6 PGs in the league, that trio is good enough to get hot at the right time and go on a playoff run. Hawks / Bullets / Cavs / Heat are all kind of in the same boat right now. They all need a move or two to really legitimize their title chances and none of them really have a good big to anchor things, built around a couple really good scorers but lack front court presence and everyone is kind of hung up on value over fit and the entire league is in a grid lock trading wise partially because of it. I don’t like the Hawks frontcourt but I think it’s better than Bullets, Heat and Cleveland so I give them the edge over those teams but it’s close.

cavsfan817

Staff member
No order:

Magic -- Shaq + Penny surrounded by role players continues to absolutely shred the league. Shaq being the two-way monster that he is provides Orlando with a cheat code for most teams.

Bucks -- Dirk finally is rounding into form and Duncan has come alive. As long as GP can hold on they will be a very dangerous team, despite being in a loaded east. A lot will depend on who they get matched up with in the playoffs because they are susceptible.

Cavaliers -- Brandon finally has a supporting cast around him. If we can address the SF position properly I think we have a real shot at winning it all on the backs of Brandon and Wally.

Timberwolves -- Absolutely dominant out west. With the east beating up on each other they have a walk to the Finals every single season. KG is absolutely insane and Nash has quietly asserted himself as one of the best point guards in the league. They are also a surprisingly deep team, which I don't think gets brought up enough.

Bullets -- As long as Jason & Ray Ray are around they will be a scary team. Both are still so young and it really doesn't matter who/what you surround them with because they are offensive juggernauts.

NCツ

Bucks - Had a great sim one and a fantastic core. I thought they were gonna make it out of the East last year, so definitely think they have a better shot this year with the Bullets taking a minor step backwards

Wolves - Steve Nash and LaPhonso Ellis are not talked about enough. Sprewell still is really good, and Ostertag is the perfect complimentary big to KG.

Lakers - They had a 3-1 lead on the Wolves last year and bring everyone back. Wolves lost the Nuggs gang in Christie Mookie and Laettner so this could be the year they make it over the hump

Magic - Shaq is still searching for ring #1. I think this is the year it happens. I speak positive vibes out to the Magic so they enter the post season injury free

Bullets - They are the B2B champs for a reason. Terry and Ray Ray are an insane duo, and Peja + Thomas should be able to contribute for them if needed

the_jon

TWolves - Great team with an easy path
Magic - Shaq, Penny and Eddie is an extremely potent trio
Bucks - TD, Dirk and GP is also an extremely potent trio
Bullets - Defending Champions still look strong
Hawks - Shards arrival has given them new life

GB

Your Moms Favorite GM
Wolves - easiest path to the finals of any elite team
Bucks - stacked all over
Magic - penny and shaq are due
Bullets - can’t count out jet and ray
Cavs - Brandon puts up mvp numbers still and can win any series

Donkey

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
1. Bucks - Yes the Bucks, not the Magic. They were already right there and they're such a young team that they just naturally get better every season
2. Magic - I like what they did in the off-season but for some reason they keep coming up short. Shaq is a cheat code.
3. Bullets - Although he didn't do himself any favors in the offseason, his team still has that scary man, Jason Terry, whose reign of terror on the league has just begun.
4. Timberwolves - I think they're still the best team out West and that makes them a contender, don't think they can beat the top teams out East though.
5. Heat - Kobe and Pierce should be unstoppable but it hasn't happened yet. Maybe this is their season.

Status
Not open for further replies.